Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
They got less value than waiving him, so they must have a name at 25, however that player is useless to this core. Blow it up

• Haha
Reactions: Son of Donegal

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We are in the first round of the draft and it gives the Bruins more leverage if they decide to move DeBrusk before July 1. Going to wait until it all shakes out before I decide to trash Sweeney.

We are in the first round of the draft and it gives the Bruins more leverage if they decide to move DeBrusk before July 1. Going to wait until it all shakes out before I decide to trash Sweeney.
Moving Debrusks rights before July 1 would get them what maybe a 6-7 th round pick

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Idk why people are freaking out. We had no leverage with the NTC. We got a 1st. Korpisalo could be an OK backup. Has been a starter which is good experience if Swayman gets hurt.

I take this over letting him walk next year for nothing. Swayman is ready to take the reigns full time.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It’s a bad trade as it sits right now. The trade was made and it’s a weak return.

Whether it evens out 3 weeks from now, whatever. The fact is, the trade as it sits right now is bad.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I don’t know how anyone can look at this and not think Ottawa got the best of this. These pieces don’t give Sweeney some great assets to wheel and deal. Late first rounder, a goalie who nobody wanted and another fourth liner…

Reactions: Bodit9

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
meeet.gif

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I don’t understand. Linus wanted to stay. Don said he wanted the tandem. If there’s a homerun deal to be made you take it - but this doesn’t save us money, blocks Bussi, and gets a second rounder in a normal draft - why did we do this
another good point. They aren't keeping 3 goalies so they are either waving Bussi (maybe lose him) or paying Korpi 2 mil to ride the bus.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Idk why people are freaking out. We had no leverage with the NTC. We got a 1st. Korpisalo could be an OK backup. Has been a starter which is good experience if Swayman gets hurt.

I take this over letting him walk next year for nothing. Swayman is ready to take the reins full time.
We also didn’t have to trade him so who gives a shit about leverage?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd have been OK with Ullmark for #25 and Kastelic.

Korpisalo is a huge risk the potential to be a disaster that haunts this franchise for a not insignificant amount of time.

That said, Goalie Bob probably deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.
2.87 and .914 in 2022-2023 between an awful team and a good team, I’m sure we can get him to replicate that. Honestly not all that concerned about him, I’ll eat crow if I have to next season tho. Ottawa’s defense is f***ing terrible

Reactions: USGRANT

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
it’s not that the return is “not much” that’s the issue.

It’s that the return saddles you with years worth of cap. Including this year, which was THE ENTIRE REASON you’re trading Ullmark in the first f***ing place.

Not much? Not much?? I would have been okay with not much. Not much is just fine if you’re not taking cap back. This is trash.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
And under 8 mins. The guy couldn't get more than 8 mins a night on a terrible Sens team over 63 games.

The fact they acquired Kastelic who has lead feet is just further proof they don't understand that they need more speed up front and to purge all the below-average skaters among the forward group. Instead they double down. Kastelic is basically the new Maroon.
Except Kastelic hasn't won shit.

Reactions: BruinDust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad