Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Reactions: Bodit9 and Mione134

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Dude knock it off. Korpisalo sucks. Rumors say he was shopped around the league for ANYTHING, and they found zero takers
Korpi a 1st round pick plus kastelic for 1 year of ullmark. Fair deal. Plus I think linus ain't that all especially with that Ottawa D. I actually think korpi bounces back like his Columbus days here in Boston structure system. Hope we pick up a stud with that 25th overall.

Reactions: USGRANT

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
First blush, this trade f***ing blows lol. I gotta look more into the money later when I have a minute

Reactions: BMC

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Not super impressed with the return. I'm sure given the market conditions, this is about the best they could fetch. But it's not going to move the needle for next season, except that it frees up some money to use elsewhere.

The #25 overall is okay but this isn't supposed to be a strong draft. Better than no 1st round pick, possible ammunition for other moves, etc.

Not a big Kastelic fan. 4th line mucker, willing to drop the gloves but not that great at it. I assume this means Maroon is gone.

Not happy to have to take back Korpisalo. I'm assuming his stay will not be long. You're taking a goalie from a team that wanted to upgrade in net. So...

I guess this more or less matches my expectation of not getting a killer return. Others may like the return better I suppose.

Reactions: McBrom7

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
They wanted to get tougher and wanted to get back into the 1st round, this does both.

I’d have preferred they cleared more salary but ultimately they’ve got some money to work with and I imagine this is going to potentially be a crazy offseason so perhaps they clear money elsewhere

Not suggesting they hit a home run, but for a rental Ullmark that will work imo
I'd have been OK with Ullmark for #25 and Kastelic.

Korpisalo is a huge risk the potential to be a disaster that haunts this franchise for a not insignificant amount of time.

That said, Goalie Bob probably deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

Reactions: CDJ

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They wanted to get tougher and wanted to get back into the 1st round, this does both.

I’d have preferred they cleared more salary but ultimately they’ve got some money to work with and I imagine this is going to potentially be a crazy offseason so perhaps they clear money elsewhere

Not suggesting they hit a home run, but for a rental Ullmark that will work imo

I do always say you have to wait until the end of a trade/FA period to properly evaluate it. So we'll see how it all shakes out. Appreciate the 1st. The Korpisalo bit I just don't get yet.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad