Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don’t understand. Linus wanted to stay. Don said he wanted the tandem. If there’s a homerun deal to be made you take it - but this doesn’t save us money, blocks Bussi, and gets a second rounder in a normal draft - why did we do this
Korpisalo coming back in the deal only makes sense if he is bought out and the savings of Ullmark's cap hit go straight to Swayman's next contract.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Idk why people are freaking out. We had no leverage with the NTC. We got a 1st. Korpisalo could be an OK backup. Has been a starter which is good experience if Swayman gets hurt.

I take this over letting him walk next year for nothing. Swayman is ready to take the reigns full time.
yeah with teams on his list. Half the league wasn't on his list

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
2.87 and .914 in 2022-2023 between an awful team and a good team, I’m sure we can get him to replicate that. Honestly not all that concerned about him, I’ll eat crow if I have to next season tho. Ottawa’s defense is f***ing terrible
It’s the $3M per which is essentially a 2 million dollar savings from Ullmark. I would have rather just keep Ullmark.

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
I wonder how much the deal changed through the weekend considering Lauko was a part of it at one point.

stevebeans

May 15, 2010
When you break it down, Sweeney felt that pick (plus a fourth rounder) was worth Bertuzzi rental.

So he essentially traded a full year (at least) of a former Vezina winner for

- salary dump backup goalie
- rented Bertuzzi
- AHL player

Again just looking at it from a value perspective from Sweeney’s eyes that was the trade

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
FWIW, if the Bruins bought out Korpisalo, this would be their cap hits:

2024-25: $0.25 million
2025-26: $0.625 million
2026-27: $1.375 million
2027-28: $1.75 million
2028-29: $1.0 million
2029-30: $1.0 million
2030-31: $1.0 million
2031-32: $1.0 million
Is that including 25% retained? I don't know how that works with buyouts.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
it’s not that the return is “not much” that’s the issue.

It’s that the return saddles you with years worth of cap. Including this year, which was THE ENTIRE REASON you’re trading Ullmark in the first f***ing place.

Not much? Not much?? I would have been okay with not much. Not much is just fine if you’re not taking cap back. This is trash.
EXACTLY!

Dang.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Woof. Shouldn’t have had to take the 3 mil for a below average goalie on a term deal. That’s bad. If that was the best deal you stick with the tandem and let him walk.

25 will get you another Beecher if we’re lucky.

See what he does the rest of the off-season but as a stand-alone this a a terrible deal.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

It’s that the return saddles you with years worth of cap. Including this year, which was THE ENTIRE REASON you’re trading Ullmark in the first f***ing place.

Not much? Not much?? I would have been okay with not much. Not much is just fine if you’re not taking cap back. This is trash.

It’s amazing. This deal isn’t good, Ulmark is by far the best piece.
How many first round picks has Donnie given up to get rid of his mistakes. NOW he turns around and gets basically nothing for taking one 2 losers and our ORIGINAL pick. Suckitude!

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
We also didn’t have to trade him so who gives a shit about leverage?
It was get something for him or get nothing. I'll take something. Swayman needs to play 60ish games this year to really grow as a starter, he'll get that now. The first can be flipped for another upgrade in the forward group or we can add a much needed prospect to our pretty empty pool. We had no use for Ullmark.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Idk why people are freaking out. We had no leverage with the NTC. We got a 1st. Korpisalo could be an OK backup. Has been a starter which is good experience if Swayman gets hurt.

I take this over letting him walk next year for nothing. Swayman is ready to take the reigns full time.

Because it should have cost ottawa a first just to move Korpisalos contract.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

You "saved" two million this year with this deal then added 3mil per the next three seasons.

Now, maybe they work some magic with Korpi, and deal him down the road,

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I think the cap space is what was important so I would assume Kap is bought out. If not, kind of a weird trade. Glad they got a first though. I would have been happier with just that

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad