Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
f*** no I wouldn't be happy with this. Nevermind value, the point of trading him at all was to free up that cap space and they took back their albatross for 4 years.

Maybe.

Won’t argue that it isn’t a great deal, that’s for sure,

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Well this is underwhelming. But only because of the rumors. If you told me during the season we'd get a 1st I'd probably be satisfied. But eating Korpi's contract is totally meh.

Reactions: HustleB

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
When we rebuild Korpisalo and ship him off for assets in a year or two >>>>

Kastelic is tough WOOOOOHOOOO. And the first I wanted

I guess if anyone can do it Goalie Bob can. But jeez, Korpisalo is awful. .901 SV% is just barely passable backup territory, even allowing that he's mostly played for bad teams. And he's already 30, so finding upside this late won't be easy. I guess Donny isn't convinced about Bussi, which ok fine, bit the money here doesn't make sense. Anyway, just have to see how it pans out.

Kastelic is a shrug, profess I know little about him. Seems like a big body, tough as you say. That's all fine, but dime a dozen.

The 1st is good at least, even if not as high as rumoured.

Color me baffled for now.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He averages 5 faceoffs per game

And under 8 mins. The guy couldn't get more than 8 mins a night on a terrible Sens team over 63 games.

The fact they acquired Kastelic who has lead feet is just further proof they don't understand that they need more speed up front and to purge all the below-average skaters among the forward group. Instead they double down. Kastelic is basically the new Maroon.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I love the optimism “maybe they will flip Korp”

Nobody wants that f***ing guy. We are completely stuck with him.

Honestly think this is up there with his worst moves as a GM.

Inexcusably bad.

Exactly, unless Sweeney can find another GM who is as stupid as he is for trading for that terrible contract of Korpisalo.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If they got the 7th overall instead of the 25th, I would’ve understood this trade a lot more.

I am dumbfounded.

Assuming we’re buying out the remainder of the retained contract..

Even the throw in player is meh. My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad