Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Can't say the Ullmark return is impressive. I figured it would be #25 in return but Kastelic is a replacement level 4th line player that averaged under 8 mins a night last year and is another terrible skater. But you know, toughness, grit, etc.

Korpisalo at 50% retained I could live with, 25% is too much.

Reactions: Gordoff

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I don't hate the trade. I'm just confused by what the plan is with Korpisalo.... Fine backup option for a year but 4 years left on his deal....

Maybe they hope he over performs here playing behind our solid D and ups his value.

I don't know anything about Kastelic other than he's a big dude with a great faceoff percentage. I'll take it.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
If this deal happened out of the blue, without rumors and our own fantasy versions….we’d probably be happy.

I’ll take a 1, a tough young guy and we’ll see what they do with Korpisalo.
f*** no I wouldn't be happy with this. Nevermind value, the point of trading him at all was to free up that cap space and they took back their albatross for 4 years.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Funny thing is this pathetic organization finally realized they can’t live off 2011 anymore so I guess it’s time to relive 2019 and the biggest choke ever after the easiest path imaginable to a Cup and get a guy who’s been the worst goalie in the NHL since.

This might get Sweeney fired at least.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
IMG_0638.jpeg

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Korpisalo when he has had a good team in front of him has been good. But I suspect he is flipped somewhere else. I never thought they get a first for Ullmark. Plus a young physical bottom 6 forward. This isn’t as bad as people are making it out. I just wish it was a little more taking Korpisalo.

Reactions: Dr Hook

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pretty sure they are not gonna buy out Korpisalo. He was a good goalie in 2022-2023, it’s why he got the contract he got. Played solidly in front of a trash bag Jackets defense and well in front of a solid kings defense. Got put in front of a bunch of shit last year and he gave you shit. Checks out! He’s 1B/backup and he’s paid as such @ 3 mill. Thats not starter money. Also nails during the Jackets playoff run a few years back

I think his value gets rehabbed tbh

Reactions: Dr Hook

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I don't hate the trade. I'm just confused by what the plan is with Korpisalo.... Fine backup option for a year but 4 years left on his deal....

Maybe they hope he over performs here playing behind our solid D and ups his value.

I don't know anything about Kastelic other than he's a big dude with a great faceoff percentage. I'll take it.
He averages 5 faceoffs per game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad