Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well, at least there goes the argument that Sweeney could of obtained a contributing player for Ullmark at the deadline.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess if anyone can do it Goalie Bob can. But jeez, Korpisalo is awful. .901 SV% is just barely passable backup territory, even allowing that he's mostly played for bad teams. And he's already 30, so finding upside this late won't be easy. I guess Donny isn't convinced about Bussi, which ok fine, bit the money here doesn't make sense. Anyway, just have to see how it pans out.

Kastelic is a shrug, profess I know little about him. Seems like a big body, tough as you say. That's all fine, but dime a dozen.

Color me baffled for now.
They wanted to get tougher and wanted to get back into the 1st round, this does both.

I’d have preferred they cleared more salary but ultimately they’ve got some money to work with and I imagine this is going to potentially be a crazy offseason so perhaps they clear money elsewhere

Not suggesting they hit a home run, but for a rental Ullmark that will work imo

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He'll be bought out! No f***ing question! You think Bussi signs that deal he just signed to play two more years in the AHL?
Why take him on at all? I’d gladly pay Ullmark 5m for one more year than pay Korpisalo 3m for 4 more years. What a joke of a trade. What are we supposed to be excited about here? A 25th pick in a crap draft? Joe Pisano for 4 more years? Or a JAG prospect? And to boot we don’t gain much cap space for dealing Ullmark. Absolutely BRUTAL

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So the the return for Ullmark was a 1st and then Kastelic the throw in for obtaining Korpisalo? Maroon is probably gone. Hopefully Korpisalo is bought out. Not a great deal honestly. Bruins should have got more for doing a division rival favors.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Here's my prediction...
Korpi will go 18-7-5 in 30 games next year.
Ullmark in OTT.... all bets are off, but he's not doing what he did in Boston. Ottawa needs upgrades everywhere

Reactions: sleepyh

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would like to formally apologize for talking shit and saying Ullmark playing 35-40 games a year and riding the bench for 1 more year was a detriment to the team.

I didn’t know four years of Korpisalo was coming back my way. I didn’t know how much worse it could get.

I would do anything to have 1 year of Ullmark back

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So, now the debate is:

Would have keeping Linus and trying again at the TDL gotten a better return? Would keeping him make the team better than our return for him?

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad