Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I’m a terrible Canadian haven’t watched hockey at all since Bruins were eliminated,just can’t bring myself to cheer for Edmonton,will have to hear about Canada winning the cup all summer,and don’t want Florida either really.If it’s not the Bruins playing just not interested,I know I’m a terrible hockey fan.
Only the Bruins matter for me. Not interested in other teams.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Going to be pissed if this ends up Ullmark for Korpisalo 😂
thats where I was coming up with this:
1719255640607.png

Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd are dropped to offset the retained salary and Ottawa sends a 4th for Lauko
Would be about a 900k penalty to bury him in the AHL assuming he cleared waivers, another team might grab him. or you keep him as the insurance given the fact that Bussi has never played a second of NHL time.

trading for him and buying him out is dumb as its the same penalty for a RS trade and then bury for a year, except its two years.

Id prefer they turn the ullmark money into a forward but this trade does turn ullmark into more offense and an improved PP1.

Still have the money to sign a heavy player for line 4, E.Lindholm and sway for 7x8.

Would give you space to bank for the TDL as well actually.

Break the trade down its:

Ullmark for Chychrun
Lauko and a 3rd for a 2nd
1st round pick for taking on Forsberg contract/salary

Reactions: Gordoff

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Sens want a first and top prospect for Chychrun

This is getting interesting
I tend to wonder if the Bruins would prefer to not take him back in a deal. Maybe they prefer the cap space to spend up front. Is it possible Ottawa is trying to deal him for picks to send for Ullmark?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Donny

Get 25OA
Ostapchuk
Forsberg 50% retained

Don’t get greedy

Apparently trading Chychrun asking price per article

I’m still in the 25OA & Ostapchuk camp
I want Greig instead of Ostapchuk, other that that I like the deal.
If they want us to take on Forsberg at 100%, I need the 7th OA.
Or they can add Brannstrom to the deal and we can trade him or another dee in a separate transaction to some one else.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
thats where I was coming up with this:
View attachment 886290

Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd are dropped to offset the retained salary and Ottawa sends a 4th for Lauko
Would be about a 900k penalty to bury him in the AHL assuming he cleared waivers, another team might grab him. or you keep him as the insurance given the fact that Bussi has never played a second of NHL time.

trading for him and buying him out is dumb as its the same penalty for a RS trade and then bury for a year, except its two years.

Id prefer they turn the ullmark money into a forward but this trade does turn ullmark into more offense and an improved PP1.

Still have the money to sign a heavy player for line 4, E.Lindholm and sway for 7x8.

Would give you space to bank for the TDL as well actually.

Break the trade down its:

Ullmark for Chychrun
Lauko and a 3rd for a 2nd
1st round pick for taking on Forsberg contract/salary
That is a shit sandwich, I would rather do nothing out of spite. Make those 2025 picks and take Forsberg out and there's at least a conversation to be had.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Tom Petty might have been thinking about the days before the draft/ FA when we wrote this

Reactions: BMC

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
“Boston is hoping for a higher price than New Jersey paid for Markstrom, and the teams that are interested - including Ottawa - that are looking at this are like, we're not interested in paying that price if it doesn’t come with an extension.”

I mean I've already been assuming if Ullmark gets dealt he'll be extending with whoever aquires him. So a moot point more than likely.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
SeSe
I tend to wonder if the Bruins would prefer to not take him back in a deal. Maybe they prefer the cap space to spend up front. Is it possible Ottawa is trying to deal him for picks to send for Ullmark?

The Bruins don't need Chychrun, it would be a luxury at that position. The Sens desperately need a goalie or there season is over before it begins, there aren't many other viable alternatives to Ullmark out there.The Sens are not in a strong position here at all, Sweeney can dictate things as long as he dosen't get too greedy.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
yeah, picks or our first and a young player would be great, having that much cash to get a top line winger and a top 6 C would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad