Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Chychrun is not some unicorn, left handed defensemen aren't that scarce. In free agency there's Zadorov, Skjei, Dillon, and Martinez. On the trade market, you could probably get Theodore, Ferraro, Middleton, or Provorov, Where else do you go for an elite goalie? Saros? He won't be cheap either.

What I don't get is why Carolina isn't a potential destination if they're allegedly looking at Saros? Did he not want to go to Raleigh?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, should we still take your update with a grain of salt from yesterday? Wondering if you got anything else. Been refreshing for updates from you LOL

Snag is in the extension. But they continue to work at it. Ullmark's agent is in Vegas as well so maybe face to face gets it done. But I'm told Michael Andlauer had no issue paying the $1 million signing bonus for Ullmark on July 1, and is more concerned about him coming in at their price.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
I’m sure Bettman worked behind the scene to say “don’t make this Ullmark trade happen during the game 6/7 timeframe”, but is there even the slightest chance Sweeney is tactically waiting to see if the Oilers are interested, win or lose, after tonight?

If they were, I’m sure that discussion is as tight lipped as possible as they wouldn’t want to mess with Skinners head, or the team for that matter during their run.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I’m sure Bettman worked behind the scene to say “don’t make this Ullmark trade happen during the game 6/7 timeframe”, but is there even the slightest chance Sweeney is tactically waiting to see if the Oilers are interested, win or lose, after tonight?

If they were, I’m sure that discussion is as tight lipped as possible as they wouldn’t want to mess with Skinners head, or the team for that matter during their run.

Skinner just brought them to G7 of the cup final.

Meanwhile what’s Ullmarks playoff stats?

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Snag is in the extension. But they continue to work at it. Ullmark's agent is in Vegas as well so maybe face to face gets it done. But I'm told Michael Andlauer had no issue paying the $1 million signing bonus for Ullmark on July 1, and is more concerned about him coming in at their price.
Does Ully want $7 and OTT want $6 per? Is that the issue now?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The whole “Cup in Canada” thing is silly and ridiculous. I don’t get how it gets more than a passing comment.
Agree...however I do want to see McDavid win the cup. He's so friggin good.

Does Ully want $7 and OTT want $6 per? Is that the issue now?
I'm guessing ye olde Canadian taxation system is the snag.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
They've made some great moves, but they got too cute with the Hertl deal and that contract will come back to bite them.
At 6.75 I think it’s movable. He should be better now that he is out of SJ. His problem is he injured to often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad