Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
It wasn't that far back IIRC.
Maybe there were two trades discussions at different times, but da Broons were getting either center Martin Hazel or Antione Vermette and LD Keith Yandle. Chia was sending two #1s the other way. Other players may have been involved, but I can't remember who they were.

Higher up(s) were appalled at giving up two #1s and vetoed the trade. Chia was viewed as trying to save his job with this ill-considered trade that would have long-term negative effects for the organization. He was sacked shortly thereafter.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I mean I've already been assuming if Ullmark gets dealt he'll be extending with whoever aquires him. So a moot point more than likely.
Right, seeing Ully's disdain for moving his family, IMO once he settles in, he settles in for the long haul.

Maybe there were two trades discussions at different times, but da Broons were getting either center Martin Hazel or Antione Vermette and LD Keith Zandel. Chia was sending two #1s the other way. Other players may have been involved, but I can't remember who they were.
That has nothing to do with Garland and OEL trade discussion.

Reactions: sarge88

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Donny

Get 25OA
Ostapchuk
Forsberg 50% retained

Don’t get greedy

Apparently trading Chychrun asking price per article

I’m still in the 25OA & Ostapchuk camp

I’d honestly rather just have the 25th pick and the cap space. But I doubt bruins get this little in a deal. 34 year old markstrom got a better return than that.

Last edited:

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Maybe there were two trades discussions at different times, but da Broons were getting either center Martin Hazel or Antione Vermette and LD Keith Zandel. Chia was sending two #1s the other way. Other players may have been involved, but I can't remember who they were.

I think it was Krug + 1st + 1st for Yandle and Vermette. I don't remember the year but has to be 2014. If true, Boston would never have drafted Pastrnak.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe there were two trades discussions at different times, but da Broons were getting either center Martin Hazel or Antione Vermette and LD Keith Yandle. Chia was sending two #1s the other way. Other players may have been involved, but I can't remember who they were.

Higher up(s) were appalled at giving up two #1s and vetoed the trade. Chia was viewed as trying to save his job with this ill-considered trade that would have long-term negative effects for the organization. He was sacked shortly thereafter.

Right, seeing Ully's disdain for moving his family, IMO once he settles in, he settles in for the long haul.

That has nothing to do with Garland and OEL trade discussion.
Those were two different trade discussions in different years, both with Arizona.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I say one day after that. Hump day.

Gotta see how furious Reinhart is when they lose, and if he wants to leave asap :laugh:
I want no part of Reinhart a very good player, but is he a 57 goal scorer? My opinion never again, he's more of a 35 goal scorer moving forward, but he's going to get paid as a 57 goal scorer by somebody out-there and I sure in the hell hope its not the Bruins!

Reactions: Bodit9

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Swayman $7 million

Bussi $1

Guentzel $9

Chychrun $4.5

Duhaime $1.8

Kasteilic $0.8

Marchand Zacha Pasta

Guentzel Coyle Geekie

Frederic Poitras Lysell (Merkulov)

Duhaime Kastelic Brazeau

Chychrun Mcavoy

Lindholm Carlo

Lohrei Peeke

Sway Bussi

Guentzel creates his own offense no matter who his center is in the same way P Kane did. Debrusk won’t fit under the cap, so move Geekie up and give him a chance, maybe he can develop into Knuble., in any case, his numbers won’t be worse than Debrusk’s in the regular season. Then see if Lysell or Merkulov can make it on the 3rd line, can’t keep them in the AHL forever. The 4th line has to be a hammer, Maroon is too slow, and if Ottawa wants Lauko, then Bruins should want Kastelic who is decent on face offs. Duhaime for obvious reasons. See how this lineup develops through the season and make adjustments at the deadline. But I think the extra offense from Guentzel & Chychrun, and the extra toughness on the 4th line will build on last season’s excellent outing.
Needs additional top 6 center. Otherwise solid

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They've made some great moves, but they got too cute with the Hertl deal and that contract will come back to bite them.

I’ll trade a cup for a contract or two that might bite us years down the road.

Hell we had like 15% of the cap in healthy scratches last year. We already have yearly contracts biting us in the ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: capecodder

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Sens can go pound sand. That's insanity
Not from Bruins - anyone

I want Greig instead of Ostapchuk, other that that I like the deal.
If they want us to take on Forsberg at 100%, I need the 7th OA.
Or they can add Brannstrom to the deal and we can trade him or another dee in a separate transaction to some one else.
Greig more valuable agree

I’d love him in it but I was just figuring no way Jose

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I tend to wonder if the Bruins would prefer to not take him back in a deal. Maybe they prefer the cap space to spend up front. Is it possible Ottawa is trying to deal him for picks to send for Ullmark?
They got to pay him 1 M on the 30th so time running out

Reactions: KOZ37

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I want no part of Reinhart a very good player, but is he a 57 goal scorer? My opinion never again, he's more of a 35 goal scorer moving forward, but he's going to get paid as a 57 goal scorer by somebody out-there and I sure in the hell hope its not the Bruins!
You are right he is not 57 goal scorer, and your offer to him should be what you really think he is and if someone else wants jump on the one time 57 goal year let them have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad