Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Avs are able to nullify a lot of Preds advantages (from being a more mature team) with their speed. We need to get faster as a team....plain and simple.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
The Preds' system is like a constant full court press,,,wish Yeo had that system in his blood. It would serve the Blues well.

It's a mindset more than anything and it also is a "trust your goaltender" system.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
The Preds' system is like a constant full court press,,,wish Yeo had that system in his blood. It would serve the Blues well.

It's a mindset more than anything and it also is a "trust your goaltender" system.

Outside of Schwartz, Schenn, Soshnikov and Barbashev, the Blues don't have any good forecheckers that have the speed to pester guys in the offensive zone like Nashville does. We're used to the Steen, Berglund, Sobotka waving of their stick as they skate full speed at the guy with the puck.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Watching these games I'm sad...

Not that we didn't make it....

But that we are TOO DAMN SLOW

Exactemundo...exactly why I would prefer that we stick with youth and speed instead of trading for 29 year olds (with two years left on their contracts) whose legs are already starting to go.

Watching the Avs's speed and Ehlers create havoc for the Jets...pretty obvious what winning teams are doing these days.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville just gives up a clear breakaway...but that is their pressure system...they just have a goalie who can make the save. It's a by-product of high pressure.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues do need to get faster but we don’t have to become the fastest team in the league to be good. We just need to be at least average skating but find an identity that works for us.

Look at a team like Boston. They have a ridiculous top line that can strike quick but they aren’t overall a super fast team. And they really negated Toronto’s speed tonight.

Anaheim and LA still play more of a heavy game than a speed game too.

But, I think we are on the right track. Turning Sobotka/Berglund into younger or better players goes a long way to help us up front.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
What I like about the Avs is they are so young they don't care about how good the Preds are. Nobody expects anything of them. So they just play hard and don't give a damn.

And McKinnon is an absolute stud.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Avs are able to nullify a lot of Preds advantages (from being a more mature team) with their speed. We need to get faster as a team....plain and simple.
Which is why we do not trade Kyrou. :)
Hitch didn't like him...too small.
Respectfully, I am getting tired of hearing this urban legend. There is absolutely no evidence that Panarin wanted to sign anywhere but Chicago. He wasn't knocking at our door, pleading for a contract. We didn't turn him away saying "you're too small!" Panarin wanted to be a Blackhawk, the Blues management didn't "blow" anything.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad