Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
My stance is that this team is no longer worth watching till the guys upstairs get up off their asses and do something.

You hear the term "statement game" get thrown out once in awhile when a team has a dominant performance. Our game last night was a "statement game" but in a very bad way. Doesn't do shit if the management doesn't see the sign though.

Reactions: ToneDog

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Interestingly enough for me, this team has become more watchable as they make the transition to mediocre to terrible. A mediocre team is very boring and disappointing. A terrible team has drama and now I've been tuning in more.

Feels bad man

Reactions: OddyOh and BigBlu

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Tanks and gain what? The rebuild has begun, we are in year 3 or 4 by now, I can't keep track.

Perpetual rebuild isn't a winner. A rebuild is supposed to happen AFTER you win a Cup, or at least make it to the finals and must recycle, retweak to stay atop.

The #1 problem with the team right now is the unacceptable effort / work rate. Firing Babcock is the most logical thing to do to try to remedy this issue. Players don't go to war for a coach they don't believe in.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Start the countdown.

Barely won in the playoffs in 10 years.

Bad PP and PK in this regular season and playoffs with the Leafs to date.

Goalie mismanagement and unable to make in game adjustments.

He is worse than Dwayne Casey.

Last edited:

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Babcock is due $18.75M after this season. He isn't going anywhere.
His contract is front-loaded, and even if it weren't the money is not an issue. MLSE has money to burn, just as long as it doesn't count against the cap.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He’s not really saying anything we aren’t saying. I’d like him to say something about what Shanahan/Dubas are doing to clean up the current mess, or if they are just going let it get bigger?

These insiders usually stay out of commenting in this manner.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
players are going to have to figure it out.

its on them.

as it should be.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
players are going to have to figure it out.

its on them.

as it should be.

No, this is on the players, coaches and management staff

I've lost patients with the old "let the players figure it out" theory and want something proactive done to try arresting this slide because surprisingly enough doing Jack **** hasn't worked

Reactions: SAMCRO44

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
4 games and then 2 sets of back to backs, back to back. Then 2 more to close out December.

Tough time to bring in a new coach, especially one you'd need to make a quick positive impression.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
No, this is on the players, coaches and management staff

I've lost patients with the old "let the players figure it out" theory and want something proactive done to try arresting this slide because surprisingly enough doing Jack **** hasn't worked
exactly.

Reactions: Kiwi

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
4 games and then 2 sets of back to backs, back to back. Then 2 more to close out December.

Tough time to bring in a new coach, especially one you'd need to make a quick positive impression.
is there ever a good time to bring in a new coach during the season?

Reactions: Kiwi

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I remember a few years ago we were all calling for a boycott so management would get off their butts and do something. Well, the good news now is, with all the cord cutting and this team's performance MLSE is making a virtual boycott happen all by themselves. I haven't spent this much time with my wife on Saturdays since before we were married. And I can tell that ain't much fun but better than watching these stiffs.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Start the countdown.

Barely won in the playoffs in 10 years.

Bad PP and PK in this regular season and playoffs with the Leafs to date.

Goalie mismanagement and unable to make in game adjustments.

He is worse than Dwayne Casey.

But,but.... It is OUR TIME! 'said only Babcock and nobody else' smh

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
If this team has any pride, they will show it in Vegas. Another loss like last night and the players have checked out or are simply not good enough. You can decide for yourself.

And guess what? Vegas is also on a 5-game losing streak, it's their team record low. So one of the teams will break their streak in that game. Why do I feel it will be Vegas who breaks their streak.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
And guess what? Vegas is also on a 5-game losing streak, it's their team record low. So one of the teams will break their streak in that game. Why do I feel it will be Vegas who breaks their streak.

Boston we're struggling before they played us as well, something like 4 games without a win I believe

We did them a favor and got them back on track, Vegas is about to feel really good about themselves

We're a real slump buster :laugh:

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I’d recommend keeping Babcock. Problem isn’t him.

How many hall of fame/Stanley cup winning coaches do the leafs need to discard before they find an actual good coach?

I’d recommend consistency and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad