Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
more than 4

Exactly. Smaller players have the laws a physics working against them. No disputing that, but that doesn’t mean they can’t play effectively in this league. Do I want a whole team of them? No. But having one on your back end who can provide a different dimension isn‘t going to ruin a roster.

Thank God we didn‘t have this conversation back in 2009 regarding a certain future Hall of Famer and 5 time Selke winner. That guy was on the small side and damaged goods as well. We probably could have gotten a 2nd and a 4th rounder for him, too…

…..and no, I’m NOT suggesting the 2 players are equivalent, so save your fingers the aggravation.
More than 4? Sure there are there are 15, even the 4th I listed is a fringe player. The rest ....... go ahead list them.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Nope not happening.Reilly will be out sec Forberts hand better
I understand Reilly isn't popular around here. But you have to see his transition game is so much further ahead than Carlo, Forbort, and Stralman especially.

I wonder if the sweetspot is a Forbort - Reilly pairing, and searching the market for Carlo. Love the guy but if he gets hurt again in playoffs (and Reilly is gone) they will be in trouble.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I understand Reilly isn't popular around here. But you have to see his transition game is so much further ahead than Carlo, Forbort, and Stralman especially.

I wonder if the sweetspot is a Forbort - Reilly pairing, and searching the market for Carlo. Love the guy but if he gets hurt again in playoffs (and Reilly is gone) they will be in trouble.
Forbert is way harder to cycle against and blocks alot of shots on PK .Does the trench work.Somebody is going somewhere real soon to get McAvoy in.

Reactions: bme44

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
1. Is Krejci back on Saturday?
2. Is McAvoy back on Saturday?
3. Is the number still 3.8 ish that they have to clear in order to be cap compliant with McAvoy returning?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
1. Is Krejci back on Saturday?
2. Is McAvoy back on Saturday?
3. Is the number still 3.8 ish that they have to clear in order to be cap compliant with McAvoy returning?
I get the feeling they are looking at a next week/weekend return for Chuck, just a hunch.

Krejci activation would change the number with Lauko going back down.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Capitals desperate for some help up front. Craig Smith to Washington would make a ton of sense for both sides. Caps fill a need and Bruins clear some cap space.

Smith for a 2024 3rd round pick. (Caps do not have a 3rd this year)

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

Carlo has become the most frustrating player on the team for me to watch. There was a 5 minute stretch last night where every single time he touched the puck he turned it over. It started with a breakout pass to him that went through his legs, the rest of the shift is him trying to win it and get out of his zone. This is what he was like in the playoffs while everyone was blaming Grzelcyk for goals against that had nothing to do with him. I hope they put Carlo back with Lindholm and that helps him settle down and find his game again.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With Krejci and Smith back who comes out? Greer and Lauko?

Stralman is obvious out with McAvoy back.
Lauko goes back down with Krejci back. Smith probably stays at 13F but rotates in. Looking at Zacha-Coyle-Greer, Frederic-Nosek-Foligno, but can move Foligno up as well. Nick is probably due for a rest day, maybe Monday v STL.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Trade Smith and Reilly for whatever picks you can get

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Hall Krejci Pasta
Greer Coyle Frederic
Foligno Zacha Lauko
Nosek

Lindholm McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Clifton Stralman
Zboril

Not ideal to drop Zacha to the 4th line. But I would not touch the 3rd line right now.

Last edited:

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Grzelcyk McAvoy
Lindholm Clifton
Reilly Carlo

Potential to be the best blueline in the league. Worried we won't get to see it.
not even close.

Reilly kinda sucks.

all he has is that 'transition'.

good regular season (for the most part if his partner is excellent) but wilts in the playoffs and tough games.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Trade Smith and Reilly for whatever picks you can get

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hall Krejci Pasta
Greer Coyle Frederic
Foligno Zacha Lauko
Nosek

Lindholm McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Clifton Stralman
Zboril

Not ideal to drop Zacha to the 4th line. But I would not touch the 3rd line right now.
There’s no way Zacha plays on the fourth.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
There’s no way Zacha plays on the fourth.
I agree there’s no way we’re putting PZ on the 4th esp on that line but …

There’s a part of my brain that sees the lines being spread out like last year after the way Foligno has been playing. I think there’s a spot for him either as 4th line center if we like him in the middle or somewhere in the top 6 if he somehow keeps playing like he did last night.

And if one of Beecher, Lysell, McLaughlin, Merkulov, or even Lettieri actually make an impact on the NHL roster this year, we’ll have the opportunity to roll 4 actual lines, which we haven’t done in recent years

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You need to get over the injury aspect , it's not an ideal size for a Dman.

Here's a stat for you. 4 regular players 5'10" and under, playing D in the NHL at this time. Krug,Grizz, Spurgeon and some bottom pairing guy in Buffalo. Why do you think that is?
Weird to me to have a cutoff for size based on height. The difference size wise between 6 foot, 182 lbs Adam Boqvist or 6 foot 181 Lbs Dumba, vs 5 foot 10 176 lbs Gryz is so miniscule. I hesitate to call Krug small tbh, the guy is almost 200 lbs.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I agree there’s no way we’re putting PZ on the 4th esp on that line but …

There’s a part of my brain that sees the lines being spread out like last year after the way Foligno has been playing. I think there’s a spot for him either as 4th line center if we like him in the middle or somewhere in the top 6 if he somehow keeps playing like he did last night.

And if one of Beecher, Lysell, McLaughlin, Merkulov, or even Lettieri actually make an impact on the NHL roster this year, we’ll have the opportunity to roll 4 actual lines, which we haven’t done in recent years
They are rolling out 4 lines

Foligno Nosek Lauko has been solid

The question is... why disrupt Greer Coyle freddy aka the big boy line? They have been very good these days. There is chemistry. Nice to see a line, repeatedly win board battles and front of the net battles

Zacha has to play. But with Krejci back... without touching the currently effective 3rd line. Only place for Zach would be on the 4th imo

But with injuries etc. Zacha would be floating around all season

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They are rolling out 4 lines

Foligno Nosek Lauko has been solid

The question is... why disrupt Greer Coyle freddy aka the big boy line? They have been very good these days. There is chemistry. Nice to see a line, repeatedly win board battles and front of the net battles

Zacha has to play. But with Krejci back... without touching the currently effective 3rd line. Only place for Zach would be on the 4th imo

But with injuries etc. Zacha would be floating around all season
He is not playing on the 4th line , that would be irresponsible...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad