Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Dorian has a mandate from ownership and the group looking after details of the sale of the Sens:

Do whatever you have to do to make the team competitive.

Obviously, they are looking at the sale price of the team and how to make it go up.
Ryan Reynolds owning an NHL team has to be good for hockey, right?

Being serious here.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You can Cherry pick guys who are susceptible to concussion issues to make your point if you like but if size wasn't an issue in the NHL there would be a lot more smaller players playing. There are a few who have figured out how to play the game at the NHL level but few of them are successful at D.

I’m not cherry picking, I’m referencing two recent bruins players who had their careers ended or put in jeopardy from concussions. I’m sure if I cared enough about this topic I could find even more examples of large players who suffered serious concussions.

No doubt Gryzz gets pushed around due to his size, but I think anyone that gets hit in the numbers or is specifically targeted by a greasy team like the bloos with high hits is going to be at risk of getting their bell rung

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Dorian has a mandate from ownership and the group looking after details of the sale of the Sens:

Do whatever you have to do to make the team competitive.

Obviously, they are looking at the sale price of the team and how to make it go up.
If I’m Ottawa looking at Bostons need to clear space, I’d ask defense first but then I’d be asking about Foglino- one year left on his deal, looks reborn, they have a ton of kids but not much real veteran leadership. No offense to Brassard but a Giroux/Foligno tandem in the lockerroom, on the bench and on the ice would be a hell of a good rudder for that ship of talented kids.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That's over 82 but anyone who says they don't get nervous in playoffs when heavier teams start the dump, chase and grind is probably lying a little bit :laugh:.But yes he can transition the puck for sure.Players his size on an NHL defense have to be really good at that because alot of other areas they are at a disadvantage.

Totally. With Lindholm and Forbort sharing the load I think it will be a lot easier to play Gryz in the right way in the postseason. Didn’t really get to see if against the Canes with Lindholm and Gryz both hurt.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If I’m Ottawa looking at Bostons need to clear space, I’d ask defense first but then I’d be asking about Foglino- one year left on his deal, looks reborn, they have a ton of kids but not much real veteran leadership. No offense to Brassard but a Giroux/Foligno tandem in the lockerroom, on the bench and on the ice would be a hell of a good rudder for that ship of talented kids.
Foligno has a no trade, and he will not waive..........

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I’m not cherry picking, I’m referencing two recent bruins players who had their careers ended or put in jeopardy from concussions. I’m sure if I cared enough about this topic I could find even more examples of large players who suffered serious concussions.

No doubt Gryzz gets pushed around due to his size, but I think anyone that gets hit in the numbers or is specifically targeted by a greasy team like the bloos with high hits is going to be at risk of getting their bell rung
You need to get over the injury aspect , it's not an ideal size for a Dman.

Here's a stat for you. 4 regular players 5'10" and under, playing D in the NHL at this time. Krug,Grizz, Spurgeon and some bottom pairing guy in Buffalo. Why do you think that is?

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Foligno has a no trade, and he will not waive..........
Gotta think if a team is willing to trade for him, there'd be a team willing to pick him up on waivers.

IF a team exists that would is the trickier part, but not impossible with injuries.

Still think it's gotta be Reilly + Smith (preferably) or Reilly + Frederic (bare minimum) to get to cap compliance., unless there is a fall back swoop in for Foligno.

Reactions: Blowfish

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Here's a stat for you. 4 regular players 5'10" and under, playing D in the NHL at this time. Krug,Grizz, Spurgeon and some bottom pairing guy in Buffalo. Why do you think that is?
more than 4

Exactly. Smaller players have the laws a physics working against them. No disputing that, but that doesn’t mean they can’t play effectively in this league. Do I want a whole team of them? No. But having one on your back end who can provide a different dimension isn‘t going to ruin a roster.

Thank God we didn‘t have this conversation back in 2009 regarding a certain future Hall of Famer and 5 time Selke winner. That guy was on the small side and was damaged goods as well. We probably could have gotten a 2nd and a 4th rounder for him, too…

…..and no, I’m NOT suggesting the 2 players are equivalent, so save your fingers the aggravation.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightofBoston

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

you are right, no dman under 6 foot is any good. Certainly not that legend Ray Bourque

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
So with the Forbort 4-6 week news can he go on ltir and they can use that space for McAvoy and not trade anyone for a few more weeks?

Reactions: PlayMakers

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
you are right, no dman under 6 foot is any good. Certainly not that legend Ray Bourque
Not what I said, also different era . They were all smaller back then. Nice try though , now go to back of the line.

Now do 5’ 11” and you’ll find the reigning Norris winner
There's a difference. I never said anything about 5'11"

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad