Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Right now don't make any trades. The team is rolling. This won't last. But making any deals right now is bad for success

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I agree there’s no way we’re putting PZ on the 4th esp on that line but …

There’s a part of my brain that sees the lines being spread out like last year after the way Foligno has been playing. I think there’s a spot for him either as 4th line center if we like him in the middle or somewhere in the top 6 if he somehow keeps playing like he did last night.

And if one of Beecher, Lysell, McLaughlin, Merkulov, or even Lettieri actually make an impact on the NHL roster this year, we’ll have the opportunity to roll 4 actual lines, which we haven’t done in recent years
Foligno hasn’t played center for ages - doesn’t seem like that’s an option at all. It’s Zacha at 3LW. Foligno/Greer/Smith (or Lauko if Smith is dealt)/Frederic for the other 3 wings.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Trade Smith and Reilly for whatever picks you can get

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hall Krejci Pasta
Greer Coyle Frederic
Foligno Zacha Lauko
Nosek

Lindholm McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Clifton Stralman
Zboril

Not ideal to drop Zacha to the 4th line. But I would not touch the 3rd line right now.
Are you seriously proposing double shifting Pasta, or was that a typo? I’ll assume the latter.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I agree there’s no way we’re putting PZ on the 4th esp on that line but …

There’s a part of my brain that sees the lines being spread out like last year after the way Foligno has been playing. I think there’s a spot for him either as 4th line center if we like him in the middle or somewhere in the top 6 if he somehow keeps playing like he did last night.

And if one of Beecher, Lysell, McLaughlin, Merkulov, or even Lettieri actually make an impact on the NHL roster this year, we’ll have the opportunity to roll 4 actual lines, which we haven’t done in recent years
I approve this message.

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
not even close.

Reilly kinda sucks.

all he has is that 'transition'.

good regular season (for the most part if his partner is excellent) but wilts in the playoffs and tough games.

Except in 2021 when he was basically a horse, and the team relied on him to a ridiculous degree

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Hot take:

What if in our rebuild, it's only ONE top line centre we need to replace (when that day comes). That might actually be how it plays out. Obviously you don't just replace a Bergeron. But that's way less daunting that the idea that we needed to replace 2. Maaaaaybe one day we do that via free agency? It's not easy, but it's not unprecedented.

Suddenly our team is way less old than it was starting to look. Kind of happened slowly! When Bergy, Krejci, Foligno all put on their retirment blazers, this team is going to be pretty young!

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Carlo has become the most frustrating player on the team for me to watch. There was a 5 minute stretch last night where every single time he touched the puck he turned it over. It started with a breakout pass to him that went through his legs, the rest of the shift is him trying to win it and get out of his zone. This is what he was like in the playoffs while everyone was blaming Grzelcyk for goals against that had nothing to do with him. I hope they put Carlo back with Lindholm and that helps him settle down and find his game again.
loved the Zboril - Carlo pair for a hot second last year before the knee injury. Little Z looks a bit shell shocked getting back up to full NHL Speed after the preseason. hopefully they continue to stick with him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Clifton, Z, Gryz, Reilly, and Stralman are all candidates. I think if you package one of Clifton/Griz and Smith maybe a pick you can get a good D'man. I'm not good with trades , or maybe even players worth, but those 4 are who I would look to improve upon.
I would keep Clifton

Stralman has more value to the Bruins as a utility D

Grz and McAvoy are close

Smith and Reilly seem like the odd players out.... as long as the Bruins dont have to attach extra or absorb salary. I would take the best current offers

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bruins' Mitchell Miller: Signs with Bruins

Bruins start the season 10-1.

Sweeney and Neely, what could we possibly do to make a PR nightmare?

Oh, let's try this.

Not a fan of this move, and quite honestly, despicable out of ALL the players they are willing to give a chance to, this is the forgivable sin for them?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins' Mitchell Miller: Signs with Bruins

Bruins start the season 10-1.

Sweeney and Neely, what could we possibly do to make a PR nightmare?

Oh, let's try this.

Not a fan of this move, and quite honestly, despicable out of ALL the players they are willing to give a chance to, this is the forgivable sin for them?
Not a a big fan of the move..

But also believe in 2nd chances. Monty got brought in the same way

As long as Miller is remorseful and apologized to his victim. Guessing it was a longer than normal vetting process

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

As long as Miller is remorseful and apologized to his victim...
2nd chances to an extent.

Without going too into detail about Monty, I heard it was alcohol related issues? I feel like that's a big difference in character.

Miller has about a dozen character red flags. And a public apology, well, just doesn't feel good enough for a kid that seems like he and Tony DeAngelo would hangout on the weekends.

Reactions: LavioletteScores

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

As long as Miller is remorseful and apologized to his victim. Guessing it was a longer than normal vetting process
Addiction and Being a Shit Human are not the same things.

Addiction is a disease, Being a Shit person is a personality

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Gonna need to shed money to fit Charlie in.
Put Reilly on waivers again.

2nd chances to an extent.

Without going too into detail about Monty, I heard it was alcohol related issues? I feel like that's a big difference in character.

Miller has about a dozen character red flags. And a public apology, well, just doesn't feel good enough for a kid that seems like he and Tony DeAngelo would hangout on the weekends.

I hate the move because as you mentioned the kid seems like a dirtbag. But, who are we to say whats good enough in regards to making amends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad