Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
2nd chances to an extent.

Without going too into detail about Monty, I heard it was alcohol related issues? I feel like that's a big difference in character.

Miller has about a dozen character red flags. And a public apology, well, just doesn't feel good enough for a kid that seems like he and Tony DeAngelo would hangout on the weekends.
I remember reading a comment from DeAngelo father about his "situation" before. The saying...apple doesnt fall far from the tree applied....

I'm not looking to pass the buck blame game.... but maybe Miller had bad friends/family influence. I dont know.... it was also 8 years ago. Immaturity? Its not a cop out... but teens can be mindless.

I trust Don and management did their due diligence on Miller. Miller is basically ropeless moving forward...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Addiction and Being a Shit Human are not the same things.

Addiction is a disease, Being a Shit person is a personality
It can be though

Drunks can be shitty humans

Monty admitted he let his family down. Double standard toward his players.

I agree this is more self destruct vs direct pain towards someone

End of the day... Miller was what 13-14? If he is sorry, apologized and learned his lesson..... is he banished for life?

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I remember reading a comment from DeAngelo father about his "situation" before. The saying...apple doesnt fall far from the tree applied....

I'm not looking to pass the buck blame game.... but maybe Miller had bad friends/family influence. I dont know.... it was also 8 years ago. Immaturity? Its not a cop out... but teens can be mindless.

I trust Don and management did their due diligence on Miller. Miller is basically ropeless moving forward...
I don't trust Don and management. If this was a specific person in the organization, and not pointing fingers, but this move definitely has me looking around the table.

Their due diligence also had them pass on Barzal because he was cocky.

I just don't like this move. And to be honest, maybe the kid turns it around; but just wish it wasn't here.

Everyone says people deserve a second chance, yadda yadda, but this is what? A mid-round pick from several years ago that hasn't even worked his way up through the minors yet. Pro contract within a year of being released from his previous team.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I don't trust Don and management. If this was a specific person in the organization, and not pointing fingers, but this move definitely has me looking around the table.

Their due diligence also had them pass on Barzal because he was cocky.

I just don't like this move. And to be honest, maybe the kid turns it around; but just wish it wasn't here.

Everyone says people deserve a second chance, yadda yadda, but this is what? A mid-round pick from several years ago that hasn't even worked his way up through the minors yet. Pro contract within a year of being released from his previous team.
Yeah..I see what you mean

Its not a higher level prospect... that is causing lots of noise/distraction... so you think its not worth it

Maybe Don sees something in him or has become the new "2nd chance"/"Oilers" of the east

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeah..I see what you mean

Its not a higher level prospect... that is causing lots of noise/distraction... so you think its not worth it

Maybe Don sees something in him or has become the new "2nd chance"/"Oilers" of the east
Feels like something far lower on the totem pole to draw attention away from your team actually doing well.

On top of it, it sounds like leadership on the team were asked about the move and weren't very happy.

This is also the same team that thought they saw something in Zack Senyshyn. You win some/you lose some. But this is a choice with a lot of unneeded baggage. On top of risk that he is indeed, still a shitty person. Not worth upsetting active players in the organization with side moves like this.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Feels like something far lower on the totem pole to draw attention away from your team actually doing well.

On top of it, it sounds like leadership on the team were asked about the move and weren't very happy.

This is also the same team that thought they saw something in Zack Senyshyn. You win some/you lose some. But this is a choice with a lot of unneeded baggage. On top of risk that he is indeed, still a shitty person. Not worth upsetting active players in the organization with side moves like this.
When the Storm offered Miller a spot on the team in August 2021, it stated: “We know Mitchell very well and we are convinced what happened when he was 14 isn’t indicative of his character or who he is now as a 19-year-old young man.” The Storm added that Mitchell had been actively involved in community service initiatives that support anti-bullying efforts, special needs children, disabled athletes, the homeless and the elderly.

At that time, Joni Meyer-Crothers, Isaiah’s mother, told The Athletic that they still had not received an apology from Miller, five years after the bullying took place.

The voluntary community work is a step in the right direction.... but he should still make a sincere apology to the victim (beyond hockey matters)

One would think if that was one of the 1st questions asked by the Bruins.... "Apologize to the victim?"....

Bruins college/drafted but released FA signings has been solid. I would say better result than the draft (hit and misses)

Does sound like a locker room storm with the signing announcement of MM

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Hot take:

What if in our rebuild, it's only ONE top line centre we need to replace (when that day comes). That might actually be how it plays out. Obviously you don't just replace a Bergeron. But that's way less daunting that the idea that we needed to replace 2. Maaaaaybe one day we do that via free agency? It's not easy, but it's not unprecedented.

Suddenly our team is way less old than it was starting to look. Kind of happened slowly! When Bergy, Krejci, Foligno all put on their retirment blazers, this team is going to be pretty young!

If Zacha pans out at Center, he would basically replace Krejci, so if they can find a suitable replacement for Bergeron ( almost impossible) the Bruins can roll for years. They are set at goaltending and D for years and are strong on the wings.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Zacha pans out at Center, he would basically replace Krejci, so if they can find a suitable replacement for Bergeron ( almost impossible) the Bruins can roll for years. They are set at goaltending and D for years and are strong on the wings.
Hopefully the Bruins can sign one of Larkin or Horvat in the offseason

Marchand Larkin/Horvat Debrusk
Hall Zacha Pasta
Greer Coyle Frederic
? ? Lauko

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Hot take:

What if in our rebuild, it's only ONE top line centre we need to replace (when that day comes). That might actually be how it plays out. Obviously you don't just replace a Bergeron. But that's way less daunting that the idea that we needed to replace 2. Maaaaaybe one day we do that via free agency? It's not easy, but it's not unprecedented.

Suddenly our team is way less old than it was starting to look. Kind of happened slowly! When Bergy, Krejci, Foligno all put on their retirment blazers, this team is going to be pretty young!
I’d be monitoring the Bo Horvat situation closely if I were Don.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Hopefully the Bruins can sign one of Larkin or Horvat in the offseason

Marchand Larkin/Horvat Debrusk
Hall Zacha Pasta
Greer Coyle Frederic
? ? Lauko
Would love to see Larkin, but they are still really tight with cap. Pasta will get atleast McAvoy money and Swayman could also be locked with multiyear contract. They need to move assets to fit top tier C in the cap.

Reactions: TCB

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Well looks like I’ll just have to check back in a few days from now when everything calms down. Every page seems to be talking about the same thing here lol.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Weird to me to have a cutoff for size based on height. The difference size wise between 6 foot, 182 lbs Adam Boqvist or 6 foot 181 Lbs Dumba, vs 5 foot 10 176 lbs Gryz is so miniscule. I hesitate to call Krug small tbh, the guy is almost 200 lbs.
I get how it comes off in writing but somethings can't be put to words.
I don't pay much attention to stats and even less to analytics. I go by the product I watch on the ice and I pay particular attention to the games that matter most. When pysh comes to shove Grizz gets shoved and that's not for lack off effort but simply because he's shoveable.

The crazy thing is I'm a huge fan of Grizz. If Grizz had 2 more inches and 20 more pounds on him he would one of the top dmen in the league. The way Grizz plays D in the neutral zone is matched by no one. He has to be smart like that to survive in the NHL. It bothers me that I fell the need to call him out but it bothers me as much when I read posts ignoring the obvious.

We can go back and forth forever but it will get us nowhere. I sign-off at this point because I hate to have to call out Grizz. I wish I could have played hockey as well as he does even if it was just for kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad