Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I like our talent in the top9, but I don't love the lines yet. I still think there's lots of tinkering to be done internally before they look to bring people in via trade.

Zacha looked pretty good at center. Foligno has played well enough to be moved up the lineup. Smith hasn't produced but he still brings size and energy, and at some point he'll score 4 goals in 6 games and be right back on track. Will Lysell get the call? Not many players stay in the AHL when they're producing better than a point per game. What about McLaughlin?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I like our talent in the top9, but I don't love the lines yet. I still think there's lots of tinkering to be done internally before they look to bring people in via trade.

Zacha looked pretty good at center. Foligno has played well enough to be moved up the lineup. Smith hasn't produced but he still brings size and energy, and at some point he'll score 4 goals in 6 games and be right back on track. Will Lysell get the call? Not many players stay in the AHL when they're producing better than a point per game. What about McLaughlin?
Any reason why Smith was sitting last night? He's been much better.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I think it’s more start with Grizz-Chuck and then go to Chuck-Hamp to protect
Typically you shorten your bench around the 5 minute mark. You can't have 1 pair pay 5 minutes straight.

I think that's your 2 pair, 4 man rotation and then maybe they go with Hampus in the final minute but even then I'm not sure. Monty loves Forbort and he's built for those shot blocking last ditch situations.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I feel like I would do the oft-proposed Horvat for Carlo trade right now.

I'm worried about Carlo long term with his injury history, and with Lindholm's emergence as a #1 D, he and McAvoy make it easier to move on from Carlo to fill the impending hole at center. Hang onto Riley for depth and try to move Smith for cap.

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
Hall-Krejci-Pasta
Zacha-Horvat-Coyle
Foligno-Nosek-Greer
Freddy (Lauko first call-up)

Lindholm-Stralman
Gryz-McAvoy
Clifton-Forbort
Reilly-Zboril

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Any reason why Smith was sitting last night? He's been much better.
I don't know. Seems like he's part of a rotation with Lauko and Greer. I suggested trading Smith (back in September) to make room for Studnicka or McLaughlin, but neither of them are with the team anymore so I'm not sure why he's not an every day player.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I'm worried about Carlo long term with his injury history, and with Lindholm's emergence as a #1 D, he and McAvoy make it easier to move on from Carlo to fill the impending hole at center. Hang onto Riley for depth and try to move Smith for cap.

Hall-Krejci-Pasta
Zacha-Horvat-Coyle
Foligno-Nosek-Greer

Lindholm-Stralman
Gryz-McAvoy
Clifton-Forbort
Reilly-Zboril
I am not trying to be negative towards Hovat , you need D and you are trading a top 4 for a center to play on the third line with basically two other centers ,doesn't add up....

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
The problem with trading Carlo, not that he plays a tough brand of hockey but he
does have good size. You need size and length in the playoffs.
with gryzlyck, stralman, clifton, on the back end in the playoffs bruins will get
outmuscled and exposed.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and bme44

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I am not trying to be negative towards Hovat , you need D and you are trading a top 4 for a center to play on the third line with basically two other centers ,doesn't add up....
Bruins priority is C, even if they get one now, we all know next year it s the NEED!

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
The problem with trading Carlo, not that he plays a tough brand of hockey but he
does have good size. You need size and length in the playoffs.
with gryzlyck, stralman, clifton, on the back end in the playoffs bruins will get
outmuscled and exposed.
Outmuscled and Carlo go hand and hand. Guy gets manhandled along the boards. I honestly think his size hurts him most of the time. His mechanics especially against the boards are not good.

Getting in the way on the pk with his long reach is his strength

Reactions: Tbaybruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Hall-Krejci-Pasta
Zacha-Horvat-Coyle
Foligno-Nosek-Greer

Lindholm-Stralman
Gryz-McAvoy
Clifton-Forbort
Reilly-Zboril

Stralman on pairing #1 gives me heartburn.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Someone has actually called the Bruins looking for a defenceman. The Bruins are rich back there once McAvoy returns. But who......

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020

Hall-Krejci-Pasta
Zacha-Horvat-Coyle
Foligno-Nosek-Greer

Lindholm-Stralman
Gryz-McAvoy
Clifton-Forbort
Reilly-Zboril
I'd kill for Horvat, or that Fischer in Arizona. Mason Lohrei and a 1st rounder, dealer Donny get it done.

Edit: In addition to this being pretty absurd and extremely unlikely, I posted a superfluous word in my post. Unfortunately, I will be posting more in the future, and for that I am sorry.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Someone has actually called the Bruins looking for a defenceman. The Bruins are rich back there once McAvoy returns. But who......

Don’t trade Forbort! Probably not an opinion that many had last year :naughty:

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Is there really a need to "upgrade" JDB? Who is going to be better than he's been thus far and for a price we can afford. This isn't about going all in this year we have a young core to continue to build moving forward. I agree with an upgrade on the 3rd line but we have young players like Greer, Lauko, McLaughlin etc. That can fill that roll. Maybe an extra vet forward for the bottom 6 that brings more than Smith (Recchi like) for cheap and a vet Dman to help with injuries.

Our top 6 is stacked and we have one of the best 3rd line centers imo in the league. The top 4 when healthy is dangerous but everyone insists upgrading Gryz so maybe that's the big move we make this season if any. A 1RW is too expensive and not needed.
Going with this perspective, the future does appear bright. Can fill those bottom 6 spots with "cheaper" depth/younger talent in house as opposed to spending an arm and a leg for it.

Looks like they have some quality depth pieces. Cant say I could say the same last year.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'd kill for Horvat, or that Fischer in Arizona. Mason Lohrei and a 1st rounder, dealer Donny get it done.

Edit: In addition to this being pretty absurd and extremely unlikely, I posted a superfluous word in my post. Unfortunately, I will be posting more in the future, and for that I am sorry.
Aside from zero way to do this under the cap…Fischer? Really? 90 points in 327 career NHL games Christian Fischer? For Lohrei and a first?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The cap is a different issue
The cap is certainly not a different issue . The issue is always what does X player provide for what value towards winning a Stanley Cup . I think that is what some posters here forget.

To go back to your original post is a team better served with Clifton at a cap hit of 1 mill or Gryz at 3.687mil ,per season

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Stralman on pairing #1 gives me heartburn.
That D without Carlo gives me more than heartburn , but having all those centers just makes me warm and fuzzy , so now I can go in hibernation knowing we are all good at center next year , and forget about this year...........what the heck......

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad