Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Felger and Ty think they should try

But not as a rental

View attachment 613824
I'm like George Constanza's Opposite Day with Felger. Felger says go left, I will go right every day of the week and be happy. Regardless of the outcome. That guy puts my teeth on edge so hard that I can't be bothered to listen to anything he says.

Like listening to Alexi Lalas.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The only thing I think they really could use is an upgrade on Coyle’s wing.

I can’t see them spending the package it would require to get Kane.

Reactions: bbfan419

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Kane is struggling this year???

I believe Kane will end up in his home town...
I wouldn't say he's struggling. He's just stuck on a shit team that's in a rebuild. If you put Hall/Marchand/Pasta on that team, they'd "struggle" too. He'll be a prized asset come the deadline.

Maybe he signs a longer term deal there over the summer, but I don't see Buffalo trading for him at the deadline. He'll be a short-term rental to a team with Cup aspirations.....just not to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have zero interest in Patrick Kane.

Kane in Boston with this current team feels a lot like Jagr here in 2013. Good player, but a poor fit overall. And the way the team is set-up on the PP I'm not sure the Bruins could get maximum value out of Kane to justify the cost to acquire him. Where does he go when Marchand and Hall run the right-side elbow on the two PP units?

No doubt part of Kane's production struggles this year is not having a legit shooting weapon like Debrincat on his opposite wing 5 on 5 and on the PP.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
If the Bruins are in the market for a winger I'd be very interested in Tom Wilson. Bruins would be getting him 1.5 years at 5.1

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Wilson (reminiscent of the old Lucic-Krejci-Horton line)
Zacha-Coyle-Debrusk

I would imagine if he were ever made available the price tag would be steep.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
We absolutely cannot move our first to dump cap. Especially in one of the deepest drafts in a long time. I would think we retain and send say smith to team a like phx/Ana and they then hold half the remaining making smith a million dollar player and valuable to a cap strapped team looking for a scoring winger.
I can see them doing it...

Not directly, but they target a player. Then overpay with the first to also take the contracts needed to.

Sweeney has done this several times so far. And likely does it again.

I still predict Anaheim again benefits from this. Reilly+ Smith+1st for some player (slightly) better than Reilly or Smith.

• Wow

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If the Bruins are in the market for a winger I'd be very interested in Tom Wilson. Bruins would be getting him 1.5 years at 5.1

Zacha-Coyle-Debrusk

Wilson is about that age where power forwards of his ilk tend to decline hard from the hard miles on the body. Horton was out of the league by 28. Lucic saw his last 20 goal season at 28. Beleskey's last season was at 28. Neely retired at 30. There's a few guys who have been able to keep up in their post 30 years. But it's a bit of a heavy price to take a risk the Bruins don't need to take.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Zacha-Coyle-Debrusk

"Death before dishonor" and definitely before that disgusting, overpaid psycho.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Don't anticipate the bruins going big game hunting this year outside, Barring any major injuries they really dont need to.
This isn't true, you can always make yourself better. The question becomes where? Do you add a top six forward or top 4 D. I would look to a top 4 D myself.

Would love to see a Johnasen type deadline trade to bolster the 3rd line of Hall-Coyle-New Guy.
That line has been very effective with Frederic on it, Coyle seems to play better with him on his line.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I agree Freddy is coming into his own but I think Smith is a better fit. That line needs a shooter.

My concern is Smith is his S% seems to get worse over the last 5-6 years:

1669654728545.png

This season has been rough for Smith with not getting regular playing time, but his S% is the 2nd lowest of his career. Add to that the drop in S/GP and it doesn't bode well for Smith. Maybe more regular minutes helps him get more S/GP and he could increase his S% too.

For reference, Frederic is sitting at 1.2 S/GP and a 14.3 S% on the season.

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
I agree Freddy is coming into his own but I think Smith is a better fit. That line needs a shooter.
Disagree - Smith is cooked, and is now prone to dumb penalties on top of the zero finish.

Having a 3rd line of Freddy and Coyle as cycling/possession monsters setting up Taylor "MVP" Hall is a coach/GM's wet dream. Obviously Freddy is a work in progress but I think he's been very good overall.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would love to see a Johnasen type deadline trade to bolster the 3rd line of Hall-Coyle-New Guy.

If you are gonna put Hall with Coyle on the third line, if feels like you want a RW with a bit more ability off the rush than Frederic to better take advantage of Hall, doesn’t it?

I say this who has come around on Frederic.

But we have seen Hall's production explode with Krejci. And we have seen it explode with Pastrnak. Feel like you at least want a marginal 2nd line offensive talent at RW to take advantage of Hall's ability to gain zone entry and dish.

But maybe just having Hall get the puck into the zone and letting Coyle and Frederic go to work wearing down the D is good enough, especially come spring time.

Reactions: Bmessy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If you are gonna put Hall with Coyle on the third line, if feels like you want a RW with a bit more ability off the rush than Frederic to better take advantage of Hall, doesn’t it?

I say this who has come around on Frederic.

But we have seen Hall's production explode with Krejci. And we have seen it explode with Pastrnak. Feel like you at least want a marginal 2nd line offensive talent at RW to take advantage of Hall's ability to gain zone entry and dish.

But maybe just having Hall get the puck into the zone and letting Coyle and Frederic go to work wearing down the D is good enough, especially come spring time.
I think ideally for a playoff roster, AJ Greer is your 13th forward. You can go out and get an impact Top 9 guy - that doesn't have to be Patrick Kane - and go with Foligno-Nosek-Freddy as your fourth. Alternately, you can go get a Goodrow type (from a couple years ago) for your fourth line and make it more impactful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad