Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Kane is one of my all time favorites
What about this trade idea

Reilly
Smith
Nosek
Beecher
Grz

For
Toews
Jack Johnson
2023 TBL 2nd
*Possible for Chicago to eat some of Toews salary??

Bruins lineup

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Zacha Krejci Pasta
Hall Toews Coyle
Foligno Frederic Greer
Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Clifton Carlo
Forbort Stralman
Johnson Zboril

Toews has another gear in the playoffs. I dont think he is playing very hard right now. But should be rejuvanated latching onto a contender. Bruins would have the best top 9 in the league.
i give you points for creativity but I don’t want Toews. I also like Coyle at center.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Toews and Kane are not trying

Hawks are on the road to tank...started with the trade of Dach and DeBrincat in the offseason

If a team is a contender... cant see how adding either Kane or Toews hurts the team vs add depth for a deep run
Toews has 13 points in 20 games, and he’s not trying?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Kane is one of my all time favorites

i give you points for creativity but I don’t want Toews. I also like Coyle at center.
Do you not want Toews because you think he is "toast".... or don't like him due to rivalry/what happened like a decade ago?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't want to comment on that kid but one of the reasons I don't want Kane is that the Blackhawks organization who we blew a Cup to might be the most scummy across all pro sports with what they did to Beach.

It drove me crazy the respect shown towards them on here over the years before that stuff hit the fan I knew something was wrong with that group. I still can't believe Rask lost 2 Cups to them and St Louis and let a couple scrub goalies beat him.

2013 SCF
Rask - .932 SV%
Crawford - .925 SV%

Krejci, Seguin, Horton, Jagr & Marchand combined for zero goals. Only 7 of the Bruins 19 skaters managed to score a goal.

2019 SCF
Rask - .913 SV%
Binnington - .912 SV%

Coyle, Kuraly & Carlo were 3 of your top 5 goal scorers. Pasta and Marchand only managed 2 goals each, Bergeron 1 goal. Krejci again had zero goals.

This narrative that people still try to push about "Rask losing 2 cups" while ignoring the rest of the team no showing is getting tiring.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What about this trade idea

Reilly
Smith
Nosek
Beecher
Grz

For
Toews
Jack Johnson
2023 TBL 2nd
*Possible for Chicago to eat some of Toews salary??

Bruins lineup

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Zacha Krejci Pasta
Hall Toews Coyle
Foligno Frederic Greer
Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Clifton Carlo
Forbort Stralman
Johnson Zboril

Toews has another gear in the playoffs. I dont think he is playing very hard right now. But should be rejuvanated latching onto a contender. Bruins would have the best top 9 in the league.

HOW BOUT NO!

2013 SCF
Rask - .932 SV%
Crawford - .925 SV%

Krejci, Seguin, Horton, Jagr & Marchand combined for zero goals. Only 7 of the Bruins 19 skaters managed to score a goal.

2019 SCF
Rask - .913 SV%
Binnington - .912 SV%

Coyle, Kuraly & Carlo were 3 of your top 5 goal scorers. Pasta and Marchand only managed 2 goals each, Bergeron 1 goal. Krejci again had zero goals.

This narrative that people still try to push about "Rask losing 2 cups" while ignoring the rest of the team no showing is getting tiring.

Consider the sources that blame Rask though. Anyone with a clue doesn’t blame him.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Do you not want Toews because you think he is "toast".... or don't like him due to rivalry/what happened like a decade ago?
I just don't think he fiils a need. I think Coyle is fine at 3C. And I don't want to mess with the chemistry of this team. Also, I know Grz has his warts but I love his puck moving ability.

I don't care about losing to the Hawks ten years honestly.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
E712E493-C807-4C96-AFE9-1EF28541EFE8.gif

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Coyle playing like a monster he ain't going anywhere. Perfect 3c.
Coyle isn't perfect but I can't think of anyone who would produce like he has on the third line never playing with the teams top wingers.

I worried about the end of that deal but hes got 3 more years left after this and should be worth it for at least 2 of them.

You can't mess with this teams chemistry and you have to consider how to recruit Bergeron and DK back in the summer making a trade for a vet upcoming UFA who will need to be extended at the time of trade just doesn't make sense for pretty much anyone. Our picks have also lost a lot of value if the first was projected to be around 20 before the season its now 30.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Coyle isn't perfect but I can't think of anyone who would produce like he has on the third line never playing with the teams top wingers.

I worried about the end of that deal but hes got 3 more years left after this and should be worth it for at least 2 of them.

You can't mess with this teams chemistry and you have to consider how to recruit Bergeron and DK back in the summer making a trade for a vet upcoming UFA who will need to be extended at the time of trade just doesn't make sense for pretty much anyone. Our picks have also lost a lot of value if the first was projected to be around 20 before the season its now 30.
Coyle's an awesome 3C. Great shutdown player, PKer, faceoff guy, and can pitch in some offense. Can fill in in the top 6 and not look terribly out of place. I don't see his defensive game regressing, and by the time his contract is in it's last year, hopefully the cap has gone up a good amount so it's not as big of a deal. One of our all time best TDL acquisitions.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Coyle's an awesome 3C. Great shutdown player, PKer, faceoff guy, and can pitch in some offense. Can fill in in the top 6 and not look terribly out of place. I don't see his defensive game regressing, and by the time his contract is in it's last year, hopefully the cap has gone up a good amount so it's not as big of a deal. One of our all time best TDL acquisitions.
And he worked his ass off on the dot this summer and he’s winning 53% of his draws.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Starting 76% in the DZ as well. He has a .930 oiSV%. Almost a 0.50 PPG as well. Just an all around solid season for him so far.

Awesome to see. We’ve always been our best when we are strong down the middle.

As someone whose always felt like Coyle was a bit overhyped on these boards because he's local guy, I'll admit he's having maybe his best season ever. His face-off numbers are up, he's playing heavy PK minutes, sees a alot of d-zone starts like you mentioned and to add to it he's on pace for a career high in goals.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not sure what thread this belongs in but I have to think, with Forbort nearing a return, Evan Gold and Sweeney must be putting their melons together trying to figure out who to move, who`ll take that player(s)? Gonna be a tough week to get cap compliant I suspect?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
not sure what thread this belongs in but I have to think, with Forbort nearing a return, Evan Gold and Sweeney must be putting their melons together trying to figure out who to move, who`ll take that player(s)? Gonna be a tough week to get cap compliant I suspect?
i would assume they know exactly what 3-4 options they have, and are waiting as long as they can to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad