Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My idea around it was the Bruins could be fine with Zacha or DeBrusk at LW in the top 6, and they have Kane and Pastrnak in their top 6. If Kane were to waive his full NMC for Boston, then I think there would be a chance there to extend him.

I don't want the Bruins to trade Hall by any means. I included Hall because I think moving him for a similarly aged player who would have the same if not more of an impact in the playoffs would also free up cap space to activate Forbort to be cap compliant, and the Bruins wouldn't have to sacrifice the future (picks and prospects) to do so.

Again, I do think the Blackhawks could probably fetch a better return for Kane.

Kane is 3 years older. Hall is a bird in had on a Cap Friendly deal.
Hall is currently outscoring Kane 2-1.
There are other ways of freeing up cap to activate Forbort.

I wouldnt do the deal.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
some posters need to realize and factor in the age of the player being discussed...... Boston teams will not depending on the philosophy add players 30 and up, or specifically because of the CBA Rules of players 35 and up
Chara, Krejci, Bergeron, Foligno?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My idea around it was the Bruins could be fine with Zacha or DeBrusk at LW in the top 6, and they have Kane and Pastrnak in their top 6. If Kane were to waive his full NMC for Boston, then I think there would be a chance there to extend him.

I don't want the Bruins to trade Hall by any means. I included Hall because I think moving him for a similarly aged player who would have the same if not more of an impact in the playoffs would also free up cap space to activate Forbort to be cap compliant, and the Bruins wouldn't have to sacrifice the future (picks and prospects) to do so.

Again, I do think the Blackhawks could probably fetch a better return for Kane.
Bruins don’t need Patrick Kane and certainly not at the cost of Hall.

Barring injury, a top 9 forward (3RW or replacing Zacha who slides there) is what they need. Ideally a UFA because that’s Lysell’s spot next year. Don’t need to trade first rounders, Lysell and Lohrei for it. A veteran add who is a great scheme fit who has playoff experience.

That and a depth defenseman (after Reilly is gone) and we ride.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Straight facts. Hall is in his prime years still imo. Hall looks better this year than kane does this year. This is an absolute downgrade on the roster. I get that Kane is a hall of fame player and super elite. But he is past prime and I wouldn’t want him any ways due to his character. That being said they did sign that racist kid that bullied and tormented a kid whose brain was four years behind in development.

I don't want to comment on that kid but one of the reasons I don't want Kane is that the Blackhawks organization who we blew a Cup to might be the most scummy across all pro sports with what they did to Beach.

It drove me crazy the respect shown towards them on here over the years before that stuff hit the fan I knew something was wrong with that group. I still can't believe Rask lost 2 Cups to them and St Louis and let a couple scrub goalies beat him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don't want to comment on that kid but one of the reasons I don't want Kane is that the Blackhawks organization who we blew a Cup to might be the most scummy across all pro sports with what they did to Beach.

It drove me crazy the respect shown towards them on here over the years before that stuff hit the fan I knew something was wrong with that group. I still can't believe Rask lost 2 Cups to them and St Louis and let a couple scrub goalies beat him.

Oh, brother. This whole paragraphs REEKS.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What about this trade idea

Reilly
Smith
Nosek
Beecher
Grz

For
Toews
Jack Johnson
2023 TBL 2nd
*Possible for Chicago to eat some of Toews salary??

Bruins lineup

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Zacha Krejci Pasta
Hall Toews Coyle
Foligno Frederic Greer
Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Clifton Carlo
Forbort Stralman
Johnson Zboril

Toews has another gear in the playoffs. I dont think he is playing very hard right now. But should be rejuvanated latching onto a contender. Bruins would have the best top 9 in the league.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Reilly
Smith
Nosek
Beecher
Grz

For
Toews
Jack Johnson
2023 TBL 2nd

Bruins lineup

Zacha Krejci Pasta
Hall Toews Coyle
Foligno Frederic Greer
Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Clifton Carlo
Forbort Stralman
Johnson Zboril

Toews has another gear in the playoffs. I dont think he is playing very hard right now. But should be rejuvanated latching onto a contender. Bruins would have the best top 9 in the league.
Woof. Weaken the D, move Coyle out of position, and the added bonus of Jack Johnson? No thanks.

Toews double retained for a 4th and a B prospect? Maybe I guess but he can’t play the Nosek role anymore and I see no reason to get Coyle out of the middle. Coyle and Nosek are two of the most unsung reasons the team is where it is right now.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Reilly
Smith
Nosek
Beecher
Grz

For
Toews
Jack Johnson
2023 TBL 2nd
*Possible for Chicago to eat some of Toews salary??

Bruins lineup

Zacha Krejci Pasta
Hall Toews Coyle
Foligno Frederic Greer
Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Clifton Carlo
Forbort Stralman
Johnson Zboril

want nothing to do with either Kane or Toews, unless you want to average less than 10 shots per game and go from 18-3 to eliminated by April......

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If the Bruins trade Nosek and waived Smith (send to AHL)

Would it work?
Unfortunately I think our resident cap guru may not be able to weigh in at the moment, but almost certain he could answer it.

I think it's 2,250,000 (1,125,000 x 2) cap savings, although split up on the daily side of things, I'm not sure how that number plays in as we are mid season.

Also additionally, whatever the cost of the replacement player is. Which at minimum is 1.5M for 2 players.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
want nothing to do with either Kane or Toews, unless you want to average less than 10 shots per game and go from 18-3 to eliminated by April......
Toews and Kane are not trying

Hawks are on the road to tank...started with the trade of Dach and DeBrincat in the offseason

If a team is a contender... cant see how adding either Kane or Toews hurts the team vs add depth for a deep run

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Unfortunately I think our resident cap guru may not be able to weigh in at the moment, but almost certain he could answer it.

I think it's 2,250,000 (1,125,000 x 2) cap savings, although split up on the daily side of things, I'm not sure how that number plays in as we are mid season.

Also additionally, whatever the cost of the replacement player is. Which at minimum is 1.5M for 2 players.
If they traded Nosek and waived Smith they’d be under but only have 11F. Even adding an ELC would put them back over.

And this is leaving the trade Nosek madness aside.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Toews and Kane are not trying

Hawks are on the road to tank...started with the trade of Dach and DeBrincat in the offseason

If a team is a contender... cant see how adding either Kane or Toews hurts the team vs add depth for a deep run
again, cap and age, pass said that when the Blackhawks were here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad