Confirmed with Link: Zibanejad, 2nd to NYR for Brassard, 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
It's even more of a shame because no one has ever had to sell a house before.

Are you implying its not okay to be upset that you have to sell a house (and likely lose money) because your company decides to move you out right after you just made a large financial commitment?

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Brassard, Yandle, and Zuccarello were literally the only players on our team who knew what the hell a powerplay even was. Brassard is known to sometimes pass up a good scoring chance for a pass instead, but since you guys have a lot of shooters on your team, it shouldn't be as much of a problem. You guys are getting a great player who's been very underrated over the past two seasons because he didn't live up to the expectations of a high pick early in his career.

No wonder he chose number 19

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Are you implying its not okay to be upset that you have to sell a house (and likely lose money) because your company decides to move you out right after you just made a large financial commitment?

The CBA covers at least some of the loses, it's not the same as average Joe finding out he needs to move right after purchasing.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

It was more of just a cheeky little comment. He would have every right to be ticked off.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Interesting. I wasn't aware the CBA covered player housing situations.

I think it's stuff like mortgage breaking penalties, and rent liability. They also get various other benefits relating to their move, but I suspect it doesn't cover losses due to market fluctuation or capital improvements not recouped in the sale.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's even more of a shame because no one has ever had to sell a house before.

Hahaha exactly. Dude is loaded with cash, he can cry me a river for all I care about having to sell his mansion. I could care less.

Oh and Brassard had just recently purchased I think close to 10 million dollar condo in New York so he's in the same situation

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
They don't have to sell their homes. They can quite simply hold onto them and let them appreciate while making rental income. It's not like it's some sort of horrible hardship for a millionaire to have to own real estate. Some may even consider it an investment. :sarcasm:

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Hahaha exactly. Dude is loaded with cash, he can cry me a river for all I care about having to sell his mansion. I could care less.

Oh and Brassard had just recently purchased I think close to 10 million dollar condo in New York so he's in the same situation

84085-seinfeld-shudder-cringe-gif-im-zgoa.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I know people say that the Rangers won the trade because they got younger, but i could argue they made the wrong decision if they wanted to try to win the cup next year.

Rather have Brassard than Zibby if the goal was to try to compete for the cup as soon as possible.

If i was the Rangers gm, i would have tried my hardest to shop Nash, Staal or Giradi way before i thought about trading Brassard.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
zibanejad will be better than last year playing with more fire, consistency, commitment. pretty convinced of that. this scares me a bit for the future, but I can see how brassard makes us better right now.
Think I'll watch some hockey this season.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
zibanejad will be better than last year playing with more fire, consistency, commitment. pretty convinced of that. this scares me a bit for the future, but I can see how brassard makes us better right now.

That's what people have said every year about Zibby and he always shows up to camp out of shape/

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I don't see how Zibanejad can ever make up for his lack of hockey IQ. He's a top 6 guy but he doesn't have elite hockey IQ like Stone or Karlsson.

He reminds me of the forward version of Phaneuf in a lot of ways. Or if you want a forward comparison we can all relate to - really reminds me a lot of Fisher when he played for us... or a much less effective Hossa. Basically a north-south game without too much vision. There is some vision but it's not oozing out of him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't see how Zibanejad can ever make up for his lack of hockey IQ. He's a top 6 guy but he doesn't have elite hockey IQ like Stone or Karlsson.

He reminds me of the forward version of Phaneuf in a lot of ways. Or if you want a forward comparison we can all relate to - really reminds me a lot of Fisher when he played for us... or a much less effective Hossa. Basically a north-south game without too much vision. There is some vision but it's not oozing out of him.
Center ice version of 9 mm ,is what i have called him .Good but nothing special easily replaced

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I know people say that the Rangers won the trade because they got younger, but i could argue they made the wrong decision if they wanted to try to win the cup next year.

Rather have Brassard than Zibby if the goal was to try to compete for the cup as soon as possible.

If i was the Rangers gm, i would have tried my hardest to shop Nash, Staal or Giradi way before i thought about trading Brassard.

Look at our defense. McDonagh, two corpses, a rookie, McIlrath, and Holden. We are not competing for the Cup this year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think this trade could actually be good for Zibs motivation. I still think his skill set is better suited to the wing but he has been pretty good all things considered. Regardless I would bet that he continues to improve. Young , big , strong, fast, good shot, not bad in the dot, pks.

I like Zib and I like the trade. I think it was a smart move to compliment our roster and financially, getting a play maker like Brassard that had a front end loaded contract. It makes us a better team now, provides cost certainty for 3 years and saves a little dough to hopefully help towards locking up hoffman and/or ceci.

Both teams benefit...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
And with Dorion repeating how high he is on brown, it makes it easier for us to trade a young C for an older C

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
You guys are truly classy fans, love the respect you show Zibanejad. :handclap:

My impression is that Zib really enjoyed life in Ottawa a lot.

It's very difficult finding hockey players not wanting to play for the Rangers and living in New York though, it will be a fantastic challenge for him. This fact probably makes the move a little bit easier for him but I am sure he is in shock still.

His house and house project is a proof he wanted to make a life in Ottawa.

I feel the Ottawa management is acting a little bit like the Maple Leafs has done a lot over the years, lack of patience with young talanted players but hopefully I am wrong. Getting rid of the young talanted ones, keeping the wrong ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad