Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Wouldn't even trade Guhle for Zegras and a first
Don't forget, Ghule plays for Montreal, so he automatically sucks to make all the insecure main board posters feel better about their tiny fanbases.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I see the Montreal trolls have arrived in full force this morning

Don't forget, Ghule plays for Montreal, so he automatically sucks to make all the insecure main board posters feel better about their tiny fanbases.
No one has actually said he’s sucked, he’s just not really a need for Anaheim. And not really at the expense of zegras

Hughes hangs up the phone and Anaheim says yes to this in a millisecond.

Weird because Montreal keeps calling back lol

Reactions: dracom

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Just because your team isnt any good at hockey so they have to to play him doesnt make him a top pair D. Jake Walman and Ben Chiarot also play(Ed) a ton for the Wings… are they top pair D?

I’m always waiting for your response to the list of teams I supplied to which of them he would be a top pair D on?
Funny how Seider wouldn't be on the top.pair for any of those teams either heh?

Guhle and Seider are equivalent on our end. They have the same upside.

Would you trade Seider for Zegras?

• Haha
Reactions: nbwingsfan

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Funny how Seider wouldn't be on the top.pair for any of those teams either heh?

Guhle and Seider are equivalent on our end. They have the same upside.

Would you trade Seider for Zegras?
B1C853BE-078A-4DE3-B4C9-7DDDD535A496.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't see it for either side. Anaheim is better off letting Zegras rebound this coming year. He was their best player when he returned to full health for the final dozen games or so to end the season. They don't have enough proven high end offense as is and there shouldn't be any notion that he's somehow surplus.

Montreal doesn't have the type of D core where they should be trying to peddle a guy like Guhle for an offensive forward. That's a move you maybe make if you are drowning in quality defensemen and need that final big piece up front.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Depending on the 1st, of course you would. Like if it was ths years 3rd OA plus Zegras only an idiot would say no. That said, Anaheim would NEVER offer that
Guhles probably gonna end up better than anyone at #3 but yeah I guess that works, wouldn't make any sense for the Habs and I wouldn't even be happy about it. Same way Ducks wouldn't be happy to do Newhook+5 for Mintyukov

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Keep your primadonna that don't know how to play defense (and when he does, his offensive numbers plummet).

And we'll keep our defensive stud that have all the intangibles that your Z guy can only dream about ..

Maybe the "bad reputation" of Zegras is just a myth, but we're not gonna pay Guhle to make sure if it's true or not.

We did it with Drouin... and it was true, so...

Come on!

The guy seems to have a bad rep, is just coming from a bad season, he's a liability defensively and some are talking Guhle/5th overall for him?

I'm leaving him to you guys, good luck ..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Guhles probably gonna end up better than anyone at #3 but yeah I guess that works, wouldn't make any sense for the Habs and I wouldn't even be happy about it. Same way Ducks wouldn't be happy to do Newhook+5 for Mintyukov
3 > 5
Zegras >> Newhook
Mintyukov >> Guhle

not even close to a good comp, try again

• Haha
Reactions: Vipers31 and jfhabs

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Keep your primadonna that don't know how to play defense (and when he does, his offensive numbers plummet).

And we'll keep our defensive stud that have all the intangibles that your Z guy can only dream about ..

Maybe the "bad reputation" of Zegras is just a myth, but we're not gonna pay Guhle to make sure if it's true or not.

Come on!

The guy seems to have a bad rep, is just coming from a bad season, he's a liability defensively and some are talking Guhle/5th overall for him?

Do you think before you speak?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'd rather have Guhle from a perspective of a fan of a team trying to win next year (in large part because he makes 5 mill less next year) but both teams should keep their guy

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Fair value actually, Zegras has the better pedigree at this point.

But I wouldn't make this trade, MTL sees this guy as a future captain, 25 mins a night top pair guy. A cost controlled player that if he reaches his ceiling, is almost impossible to acquire.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just because your team isnt any good at hockey so they have to to play him doesnt make him a top pair D. Jake Walman and Ben Chiarot also play(Ed) a ton for the Wings… are they top pair D?

I’m always waiting for your response to the list of teams I supplied to which of them he would be a top pair D on?
You know in your example, Guhle is Seider, not Walman? He carried the hell out of Matheson at 5v5 while, just like Seider, playing top 5 toughest minutes in the NHL. You know what's nice too? He produced at the exact same rate as Seider at 5v5. (Actually a tad higher but we're talking .271 to .268)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Weird because Montreal keeps calling back lol

In your delusional fantasy land Montreal keeps calling back offering Guhle for Zegras. Anaheim definitely asked and Hughes definitely said no...otherwise there would be a trade to announce. This is an example of rational thought.....it is fun and you should try it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In your delusional fantasy land Montreal keeps calling back offering Guhle for Zegras. Anaheim definitely asked and Hughes definitely said no...otherwise there would be a trade to announce. This is an example of rational thought.....it is fun and you should try it.
Pretty sure the rumor was anaheim asked for reinbacher/guhle +

It's ironic you complain about Montreal trolls yet you're playing the same game...
Where? I have plenty of good conversations with hab fans that are willing to have good conversations.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Pretty sure the rumor was anaheim asked for reinbacher/guhle +

You can't anoint something a rumour just because a mindless message board poster or some beta weiner fabricates it on their ridiculos site.

There is zero evidence of such an ask and it definitely did not happen as an NHL GM (unlike some posters) would know that such a blatantly stupid proposal would likely turn off a potential trade partner.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You can't anoint something a rumour just because a mindless message board poster or some beta weiner fabricates it on their ridiculos site.

There is zero evidence of such an ask and it definitely did not happen as an NHL GM (unlike some posters) would know that such a blatantly stupid proposal would likely turn off a potential trade partner.

These threads are literally based off those….

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

How many teams he would play top pair on, who knows, and really who cares. The Top 9 / Top Pair, Top whatever discussions are boring and simple discussion points for fans that haven't followed a player. Look at stats, declare player x is not top pair. Boring.

What he is - fantastic skating, physical dman. Has a great first pass, good shot, can get pucks through. Plays a heavy game, can take tough assignments, by all accounts has good leadership qualities. Offense TBD but 22 points in 80 games behind a meh offense, with no PP time, is decent. Easy to see him in the 35 point range, playing 23-35 mins a game.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Come on!

And just like i predicted, habs fans continue to attack and make up things about zegras.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00