Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
IMG_7499.jpeg
Pre season schedule.

Playing Ottawa 10 times total not including a potential playoff match up lol

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Pre season has always been Kington and Ottawa

It used to be Belleville Ottawa Kingston

Owners need to save money and do not need to have hotels.
I know but would be nice to have us play west teams or teams we don’t already play a bunch during the year in the pre season lol. Last year we played Erie 2 games I believe and that was great.

Speaking of which- the fronts only have 3 exhibition? Why only 3?? I saw on the Pete’s thread they have 5. Wouldn’t it make sense for all the teams to play an equal amount of pre season games?

Just checked. windsor 4. Owen sound 4, London 4, sarnia 4, Pete’s 5, Brantford 6, north bay 4, 67’s 4, Kitchener 6, Oshawa 4.

These are just all I’ve checked. Doesn’t make sense why kingston is 3 if all these guys get 4 or more?

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
I know but would be nice to have us play west teams or teams we don’t already play a bunch during the year in the pre season lol. Last year we played Erie 2 games I believe and that was great.

Speaking of which- the fronts only have 3 exhibition? Why only 3?? I saw on the Pete’s thread they have 5. Wouldn’t it make sense for all the teams to play an equal amount of pre season games?

Just checked. windsor 4. Owen sound 4, London 4, sarnia 4, Pete’s 5, Brantford 6, north bay 4, 67’s 4, Kitchener 6, Oshawa 4.

These are just all I’ve checked. Doesn’t make sense why kingston is 3 if all these guys get 4 or more?
League doesn't schedule it. Each individual team does. So it's a KGN hockey ops thing, not a league thing.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
League doesn't schedule it. Each individual team does. So it's a KGN hockey ops thing, not a league thing.
Ohh! I should’ve figured that out. Still not sure why they wouldn’t take advantage of it. Hell even take all the regulars out and play the draft picks and let them get experience for a game lol

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Woo! Battaglia to the flames at 62. Gonna be a great spot for him as their pool isn’t deep- he will actually get his chances there.

Of course Kevin hayes had to be traded at the same time so they barely said anything about him lol

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
No shame in frasca not being picked yet. This Justin Poirier guy in the Q who was a projected second round pick still isn’t picked! Gonna be one of the steals of the draft I believe. All because he’s small.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Hope Frasca can get drafted next year. Needs to make big improvements to offensive game and find consistency.

Anthony Romani: 43 pts in 66 games: 0.65 ppg in 2022/2023 and undrafted. Turned into 111pts in 68 games for a 1.63ppg.

Frasca this season 32pts in 44 games: 0.72ppg. Frasca is a 2 way. Hopefully he can get a big leap in points too.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

With the lineup that Mann has come back, he knows what he has and does not feel the need to travel. An extra game is not going to make any real difference. and it will give him time to practice what he wants the players to do and the new program for the players without them having game conditions and going back to their old ways.

The players who do not go to an NHL camp are going to wish they did. There is going to be a lot of skating and working out. It also samves the team money.

As top playing Western teams, there is nothing that states that a Western team would want to make a one-off trip for an exhibition game. Consider that at best it will wake 2 days out of the training program plus the players wil feel like crap after the bus ride. Versus play at home or in Ottawa and theoretically the paleyrs can be on the ice the next morning or if they really suck that night.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Frasca will not be drafted. If he shows that he has something, he will be invited to a team camp as a walk-on. Next year, if he shows something, he may get offered a contract like Stonehouse did. I'm not sure, but it seems that the NHL is now looking at either superstars or speed and size.

He is going to have to show someone something that they have not seen. He needs to come to camp and be a disciple of everything that Mann wants him to be. Battaglia is in the same boat.

To me, Thibodeau is the interesting player to watch, and I almost wish he had not been traded. He was so full of himself, and his ballon just got blown out.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Frasca will not be drafted. If he shows that he has something, he will be invited to a team camp as a walk-on. Next year, if he shows something, he may get offered a contract like Stonehouse did. I'm not sure, but it seems that the NHL is now looking at either superstars or speed and size.
I definitely see some team taking him as a walk on like Soto was taken in by Pittsburgh last year. I know what you mean. I do believe he could be a Warren Foegele type at the next level though.(Foegele really competes though- something frasca lacks.) I don’t think he is ever going to be a top 6 guy but I could see him as a depth centre. Has a good shot and good defensive iq but lacks compete and speed.
He is going to have to show someone something that they have not seen. He needs to come to camp and be a disciple of everything that Mann wants him to be. Battaglia is in the same boat.
Battaglia is way better than frasca as of now. He is not in the same boat. 2 completely different players. I think Battaglia takes another leap this year. Depending on who 1C is I could see him hitting 80-90 pts. They’d have to pick someone up for that to happen as I don’t see it with frasca/hopkins
To me, Thibodeau is the interesting player to watch, and I almost wish he had not been traded. He was so full of himself, and his ballon just got blown out.
I never thought once he would get drafted this year. Mediocre numbers, horrible defensively, tons of giveaways so not a high iq player and the biggest issue is the size of him. I think he can put up a bunch of numbers at the junior level but it won’t translate to pro.

On flint he should be one of, if not the best player there and he should get a ton of touches and I expect his numbers to pop up a bit this year with that.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I definitely see some team taking him as a walk on like Soto was taken in by Pittsburgh last year. I know what you mean. I do believe he could be a Warren Foegele type at the next level though.(Foegele really competes though- something frasca lacks.) I don’t think he is ever going to be a top 6 guy but I could see him as a depth centre. Has a good shot and good defensive iq but lacks compeW

When you are small compete is all you have. They need to put him on the first line and let him show that he can be that player.
Battaglia is way better than frasca as of now. He is not in the same boat. 2 completely different players. I think Battaglia takes another leap this year. Depending on who 1C is I could see him hitting 80-90 pts. They’d have to pick someone up for that to happen as I don’t see it with frasca/hopkins

Battaglia has what it takes but he still has to show tht he can play a tough game in both ends of the ice. Goals scored is one thing but stopping goals scored is another. Calgary is going to be looking for that kid that comes out hustling every night.
I never thought once he would get drafted this year. Mediocre numbers, horrible defensively, tons of giveaways so not a high iq player and the biggest issue is the size of him. I think he can put up a bunch of numbers at the junior level but it won’t translate to pro.

On flint he should be one of, if not the best player there and he should get a ton of touches and I expect his numbers to pop up a bit this year with that.

No but I think he and his dad did. The ballon has been busted it now becomes what does he do he can go either way at this stage. Dad would have been better of to put him in the USHL so that he had a chance at a college.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
they are shoping chromiak and they dont have to do anything with hemstrom, he goes on an overage list and they make a pick even if he comes back. i doubt hemstrom knows what hes doing yet, still shopping for a pro deal.
i may be wrong - but the trade window closed on friday did it not? i assume that'd mean chromiak is a likely cut - or are import players exempt before the import draft?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

Interesting... this means one of two things

a) They've received confirmation of no Pieniniemi
b) They've decided not to go forward with Hemstrom

Either way I think this officially spells the end of Chromiak

Edit to add - he has played with Pieniniemi internationally a couple times - I wonder if that helps the recruitment?

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Edit to add - he has played with Pieniniemi internationally a couple times - I wonder if that helps the recruitment?
he had a pretty significant injury back in the day, they were not sure he would play anytime soon.

with pieniniemi signed and hemstorm being an oa, they can have both uronen and chromiak plus those two, just cant make a pick tomorrow. if they waive chromiak, then maybe they can.

they probalby couldnt get a firm commit from someone they liked so they went this route. if he is at vegas camp and on ice, thats great news for the kid.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Good points. I would have to assume since he is a forward maybe hemstrom isn’t coming back?
I hope so. Even if they waive the guy- do not bring him back this year. Even if Pieniniemi doesn’t come pick someone 24th overall and say bye to Chromiak
Edit to add - he has played with Pieniniemi internationally a couple times - I wonder if
that helps the recruitment?
Probably wouldn’t hurt it

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Good to see Uronen land on his feet in Kingston, he seems like a really great young man and unfortunately only played a handful of games with Ottawa last year before suffering a season-ending knee injury. I had heard back in the spring that he was skating and his recovery in Finland was going well, so I can surmise that he'll be ready to play with the Fronts at some point early this season.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Another solid pickup. Love Hemström but using an OA and import slot is super rare in this league. Uronen is also committed to coming here, so you don't have to worry about a guy not reporting that you would have taken tomorrow in the Import Draft. If he stays healthy I feel like he'd be a perfect fit in our top 6 and top powerplay unit. His shot is pretty lethal from what I've seen.

Also helps that he and Pieniniemi are pretty close. The Finnish connection should do great things for the squad.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Been doing some digging. I am wondering if they also wanted tuomas because his 2 younger brothers are available for next years import draft. A forward and a defenceman. Both are doing really well in their age groups. What are the odds they picked up Tuomas to obviously have him for this year but to also possibly market the Fronts to the Uronen family? 08’s so I believe they can get drafted next year in the import draft.

Anttoni

Eelis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad