Zadina

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I' m far from convinced Raymond is going to be a true offense driver, but the kid showed right away things that Zadina didn't show.

But still, from the stats test and eye test, Raymond showed how to complement Larkin and thrive. Zadina just doesn't do that.

That's the difference when player is developed at Rögle/Frölunda vs. QMJHL/Griffins.

Both were ranked at same point on their draft years, only difference is what happened after draft = development.

Vrana was also developed in Sweden and he has become superior czech ve. Zadina. He just took the right path.

Reactions: 14ari13

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Raymond's production isn't far from what Gaudreau had in his first season, and Johnny was a year and a half older.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He might still have a job because Fabbri's out to start.
But if he's not clicking by the time Fabbri is ready, good luck.
At the moment yes, but he still might lose his job to some of the prospects in the preseason. I am beginning to think he won't get a single game. Before the free agency I thought he would get 10 to 40 games. Yzerman has signed 3 forwards and the chances for Zadina to make the team are only theoretical now. I don't think Yzerman sees him in his plans.

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Youtube told me I should watch/listen, don't know a thing about the channel, but interessting.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
That's the difference when player is developed at Rögle/Frölunda vs. QMJHL/Griffins.

Both were ranked at same point on their draft years, only difference is what happened after draft = development.

Vrana was also developed in Sweden and he has become superior czech ve. Zadina. He just took the right path.
Couldn't disagree more. Raymond is probably the most intelligent prospect of the last few years. Zadina has always been quite a low-iq player, even in his draft year. I guess the underrating of Raymond continues.

Reactions: GreatGordie9

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

How many points did Raymond core in the SHL?

Zadina is a slow learner with low hockey IQ that can't shoot. Raymond is the exact opposite. One year in GR or SHL isn't going to change that. Zadina fell in the draft for a reason. The problem was scouting, not GR vs SHL.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

That’s disingenuous. Zadina was never the prospect Raymond was

Reactions: Realgud

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Vrana has 3 points in just five games for blues . We paid to get rid of him, wonder why
I'm not sure if any of us will really know for sure, but he thinks someone in hockey ops didn't want him back after going into th e players assistance program.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
"off ice stuff, we'll never know" for Vrana is accurate but so boring

how about Yzerman didn't know he was Czech but someone told him so he had to go?

Reactions: jaster

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I just read that Vrana will be a healthy scratch for their next game.
Looks like he was scratched last night in their 3-0 win against the Flames and only played 9 minutes against Winnepeg. He was benched for the final 13 minutes of that game.

He's got a goal and 2 assists in 5 games so it's not like he isn't producing. Regarding the scratch the coach said that Vrana's performance "hasn't been up to team standards." So it sounds like Vrana hasn't totally straightened things out in St. Louis. For a guy who can score like he can being a healthy scratch for his 3rd team isn't a great sign.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Looks like he was scratched last night in their 3-0 win against the Flames and only played 9 minutes against Winnepeg. He was benched for the final 13 minutes of that game.

He's got a goal and 2 assists in 5 games so it's not like he isn't producing. Regarding the scratch the coach said that Vrana's performance "hasn't been up to team standards." So it sounds like Vrana hasn't totally straightened things out in St. Louis. For a guy who can score like he can being a healthy scratch for his 3rd team isn't a great sign.

Sprong > Vrana
Coincidence they both had off ice problems? To be fair, sounds like Sprong finished a fight a mouthy little race car driver started while Vrana was a substance issue.

Zadina is what he is, not to say he cant figure it out but not much has indicated he will. At least he usually is not scratched for effort.. the talent just has not caught up.

So far Yzerman has exiled Bert, Vrana, Zadina, Mantha, Hronek and a bunch of scrubs and replaced them with better talent, character and longer term fits. Nice.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
A shame with Vrana - wonder how much his off ice issues were related to his big injury? He was electric for us prior to that, and at that performance level would be an ideal 2nd/3rd line winger. Hey ho, can't be helped....but this team is definitely a scoring winger or two short (given Fabbri can't stay fit)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad