News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Sure, pretty much everything is pro-rated. Sending him down, if they do send him down, lowers his cap hit from $5.143M to $4.068M, which means his daily cap hit goes from $27.6K to $21.9K (all of these numbers are rounded, by the way) for every day that he's actually assigned to the minors.

Of course any cap hits a team adds are pro-rated too, so it still would give them an extra $1M or so to work with.

All that said, there's no guarantee they assign him to the minors. Not that he'll get claimed on waivers, any team that wanted him would presumably only take him if the Sabres retained salary and/or took salary back.

Thanks!!!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Gotta admit, I liked the idea of bringing him in as part of the Myers trade.

I really like him that first season and a half.

But the injuries really ruined this guy.

There better be a move incoming which lead to him hitting waivers now, otherwise Botts has no excuse why he waited so long to do this.

Same. I held out hope he'd return to the guy he was when we first got him. Silly me.

I wish him all the best tho..

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Has to be mutual.. he would just sit in the press box or be suspended, he ain't coughing up 2.5 mill.
That’s more money than he’ll make the rest of his life DJing bar-mitzvahs and sweet 16s. Hopefully he can boost the Amerks and finally do something positive for hockey in WNY.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Has to be mutual.. he would just sit in the press box or be suspended, he ain't coughing up 2.5 mill.
You have to report to practice as well as games. Why on earth would you be payed otherwize? You can’t just refuse to do your job because of an AHL assignment. If we told him to dress up as Sabretooth he could refuse though.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Of 2016.

I got tired of GM's relying on him despite his injuries and the fact that he was never provably any good when he was healthy anyway. But years of...well if Bogo is healthy... if Bogo is healthy what? We have a below average defender more often? WOO!

But Botterill made it even worse somehow. He wasn't needed. At all. They had people in Rochester and the pressbox constantly that should have been playing...and then he flat out asked to leave...and he was still here. Madness. While the fanbase begs for anything to show there is a pulse over there. He just...stayed.

Good riddance.

Of course he'll still be here after he clears. This is Jason NOTHING EVER CHANGES Botterill.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Murray's Poison Pill: a cautionary tale of obsession with the NHL combine and the woe it reaps. Coming to PBS.

It's great that his teammates love him and he's good in the community. Wonderful. As a hockey player, I can't think of one on-ice moment that involved the actual playing of hockey that ever made me think he came anywhere near justifying that contract Winnipeg gave him. Ever.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Murray's Poison Pill: a cautionary tale of obsession with the NHL combine and the woe it reaps. Coming to PBS.

It's great that his teammates love him and he's good in the community. Wonderful. As a hockey player, I can't think of one on-ice moment that involved the actual playing of hockey that ever made me think he came anywhere near justifying that contract Winnipeg gave him. Ever.
But he carries himself - especially off the ice - as if he lived up to every bit of the billing that comes with the slot at which he was drafted.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
But he carries himself - especially off the ice - as if he lived up to every bit of the billing that comes with the slot at which he was drafted.

I just imagine Bogosian storming into Botterill's office asking why he hasn't been traded yet, Botts telling him no one wants him, and him in his best valley girl impression saying "psst, yeah right, no one wants a big physical right shot 29 year old defenseman who killed the combine and went 3rd OA? You guys just holding out for an unprotected 1st. Trade me now, you owe me!" Followed by laughter and Bogo clearing waivers to ride the bus in Rochester.

It's a good day

Reactions: Drunkard

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I don't believe there is actually any mention of "mutual" contract termination in the CBA. Refusing to report, however, is grounds for contract termination.

Even if they decided to just suspend him if he didn't report, he still wouldn't get paid. He only gets paid if he actually fulfills his contractual obligations.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Ain’t no way Bogo is throwing away $2.5 mm or whatever he’s owed for the rest of the season so he can play in the NHL. He’s going to be counting on a vet minimum contract at most next year, if he gets picked up at all.

Last edited:

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I just imagine Bogosian storming into Botterill's office asking why he hasn't been traded yet, Botts telling him no one wants him, and him in his best valley girl impression saying "psst, yeah right, no one wants a big physical right shot 29 year old defenseman who killed the combine and went 3rd OA? You guys just holding out for an unprotected 1st. Trade me now, you owe me!" Followed by laughter and Bogo clearing waivers to ride the bus in Rochester.

It's a good day
Post of the day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad