Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
My gut feeling is he'll never see Wenatchee. I think he sticks with the Sabres for 82. In terms of sliding the ELC and from a physical maturity/handling the schedule standpoint I definitely see the arguments for sending him back. But from a "how do we help the Sabres win" standpoint I think he forces them to keep him up. We'll see how the first 9 games go.

On a personal note I'm in Wenatchee probably 6 times a year and would love to show up with a Sabres jersey and a sign if he does go back.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
My gut feeling is he'll never see Wenatchee. I think he sticks with the Sabres for 82. In terms of sliding the ELC and from a physical maturity/handling the schedule standpoint I definitely see the arguments for sending him back. But from a "how do we help the Sabres win" standpoint I think he forces them to keep him up. We'll see how the first 9 games go.

On a personal note I'm in Wenatchee probably 6 times a year and would love to show up with a Sabres jersey and a sign if he does go back.
People want to send him back? To learn what? He was one of our best players in pre-season. Obviously if he does poorly send him back but dont send him back just cause thats what you are suppose to do with draft picks. The contract to me is irrelevant and plays no role in the decision. 100% the decision should be based on where he will grow the best. Does he have anything left to learn in the WHL? Doesnt look like it. His defense and tenacity is already better than most on the team.

I think he has more to learn from his teammates here then in the WHL.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 6.50.48 PM.png

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Tuch is a better fit for every line because he is by far our best winger.

As much as I like Benson, His size, speed, and shot will likely limit his upside to 2nd liner. Don't react too much to the preseason. Life will be much harder for him opening night. He also has a tendency to take penalties.
As much as I appreciate your post, it’s going to turn out to be a very poor prediction.

Reactions: Fjordy

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
As much as I appreciate your post, it’s going to turn out to be a very poor prediction.
This is true. I'm not a Sabres fan, but I will cheer for Benson forever.

2nd best player in the draft.. maybe 3rd if Reinbacher can turn into a #1 defenseman. But there's no one better, in my opinion, in the draft except Bedard.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I love the way the kid relieves pressure by dishing it off into space where a nearby teammate is. I don't mean a lengthy pass, either. Sometimes, he'll just leave the puck as he's skating and the opposing player follows him, or he'll tap the puck a few feet into empty space where only a teammate is. It's subtle, but highly effective at relieving pressure and giving his teammate time and space to work with.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
with sincere apologies to Robert Guillaume and Susan Harris, every time I see this kid on my TV, Leon Redbone's theme song to Mr. Belvedere plays in my head. I cannot explain this, I got some crossed synapses on my 80's sitcom butler shows.

uh, anyway, he seems like a good kid, good player. And we just might live the good life yet (piano solo)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
with sincere apologies to Robert Guillaume and Susan Harris, every time I see this kid on my TV, Leon Redbone's theme song to Mr. Belvedere plays in my head. I cannot explain this, I got some crossed synapses on my 80's sitcom butler shows.

uh, anyway, he seems like a good kid, good player. And we just might live the good life yet (piano solo)
I loved Mr. Belvidere

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That just shows how bad others are.
The others have all put up their career worst games at the same time. Mittelstadt again drew the odd leftovers for linemates…and this time they’re killing it. Because none of them are Victor Olofsson.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
About that hat . . .
FKr51lRX0AIHVcb.jpg
Cut him some slack. Sometimes when you're eighteen years old, you think you might be a hat guy. By the time you're twenty, you'll figure out (like I did) that there is really no such thing as a hat guy. Just guys who think they might be hat guys.

Reactions: GameMisconduct

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad