Player Discussion Zac Jones

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
I was the first one to call that Kreider would score at least 30 and people would pretend to be surprised.

The only place where Lindgren excelled last year was points production. He had by far his worst year defensively and Fox's defensive metrics tanked from his usual standard when with Lindgren.

I'm more than fine with Lindgren on the second pair and Jones on the third, but the Lindgren-Fox pair is completely stale. Other teams gamelan and the pair has run its course. Miller-Trouba was a more effective pair at even strength which is saying something because I don't particularly love that one either.

Lindgren would be a good partner for Trouba who is low-key a PMD. The only reason he avoids that label is size and physicality. Trouba and the defensive zone have an awkward neighbors relationship.

Miller and Fox are both all-around guys and could play a more versatile style that reacts to the flow of the game.

If we see see Lindgren get moved off the Fox pair permanently and he gets moved down to the 3rd pair, he could just be moved as others have suggested for awhile and replaced by Robertson

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Tbh Lindgren is probably not irreplaceable down the line. It's a cap league. We've made that mistake before.
Yup. If we make the mistake to move Lindgren and his very favorable cap hit, then we spend the next 3 years trying to find a player like Lindgren and eventually end up overpaying for an older version of him at the deadline at some point.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
If we see see Lindgren get moved off the Fox pair permanently and he gets moved down to the 3rd pair, he could just be moved as others have suggested for awhile and replaced by Robertson

I highly doubt that happens, and he's a pretty realible young, Top4D on a good contract. That's really not as easy to replace as you're implying.

And also not sure why some are penciling in Zac Jones into the top4, have not seen nearly enough from him for that.

I think you keep it the way it is with the wealth spread out, Fox on one pair with Lindgren, Miller on the other with Trouba

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I highly doubt that happens, and he's a pretty realible young, Top4D on a good contract. That's really not as easy to replace as you're implying.

And also not sure why some are penciling in Zac Jones into the top4, have not seen nearly enough from him for that.

I think you keep it the way it is with the wealth spread out, Fox on one pair with Lindgren, Miller on the other with Trouba
I agree. No way Lindgren gets moved from Fox. We all saw how Fox’s game changed with and without Lindgren in the lineup.

Same in regards to Miller-Trouba. The top two pairs performed very well in the playoffs and played a million minutes over 20+ playoff games over a short period of time. With the exception of Trouba they are all very young. You don’t mess with that. No friggin way

It appears to be Jones, Robertson and Hajek competing to play on the left with Schneider. Let’s not complicate things.

If Jones has the camp he had last year it’s his spot to lose. Although he’ll need to make it stick when the real games start.

Robertson will need to show Gallant he can move the puck just as effectively as Jones but he will win the job if he shows he can use his size which Jones doesn’t offer.

Hajek, as much as fans hate him shouldn’t be counted out either. He has the most experience out of the three, but if he wins the job outright the Rangers have bigger problems

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He is not still here.
Okay, my bad. The point I was trying to make though, was we shouldn't be looking. Play the kids, let them get valuable experience and then of course at the top make whatever decisions you have to make. No more also rans/has beens.

GregMcKegg

Feb 19, 2021
I think nils is miscast as an offensive defenseman. Good shot but not a great puckmover. Jones is better in that regard imo
Yeah I've seen him called an offensive defensemen quite a bit, but from my understanding he was touted as more of a balanced, two-way, Fox-light type (with a real good shot). Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't able to watch him a ton last year.

Also I've been stalking around here for close to 10 years now but didn't make a profile until recently and never felt like posting until now. So hello everybody :).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah I've seen him called an offensive defensemen quite a bit, but from my understanding he was touted as more of a balanced, two-way, Fox-light type (with a real good shot). Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't able to watch him a ton last year.

Also I've been stalking around here for close to 10 years now but didn't make a profile until recently and never felt like posting until now. So hello everybody :).
Hello. I like your avatar. If you need anything, ask @Tob.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Yup. If we make the mistake to move Lindgren and his very favorable cap hit, then we spend the next 3 years trying to find a player like Lindgren and eventually end up overpaying for an older version of him at the deadline at some point.
Lindgren + 1st + something else for Chychryn(sp?)?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

With the handle "GregMcKegg," you're an instant classic.

Just don't tell us you're the real Greg McKegg. That won't go over well here.

GregMcKegg

Feb 19, 2021

Lindgren + 1st + something else for Chychryn(sp?)?

Sort of agree with both of these. I think if we move Lindgren we're most likely at what Crypto Guy is describing. Chychrun is one of the few trades I could potentially be down for, I want him so badly, particularly at that cap hit. If that + something else is something somewhat reasonable and we can make it work with the cap I'd love it, but from what I heard AZ is asking, I think that + something else would just end up being too much to be worth pulling the trigger on.

GregMcKegg

Feb 19, 2021
With the handle "GregMcKegg," you're an instant classic.

Just don't tell us you're the real Greg McKegg. That won't go over well here.
Nope not him, just a fan of the man with the greatest name in professional sports. Was pretty surprised to see the name wasn't already taken here. Even have his jersey, I might be the only person in the continent who does.

Reactions: will1066

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
“He was awesome, I thought he was our best player for the entirety of the season,” Hartford’s assistant coach turned player development assistant Casey Torres told The Post. “He was so dynamic. He created offense from high and low probability situations. He competed hard. Such great vision on the ice and just a real dynamic presence for us offensively on the back end.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad