GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Edmonton Oilers, 1 PM, MSG+: Another New Year Awaits

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Our guys getting mugged now without calls. Pretty clear how the officiating is going to go for the rest of this one.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
McLeod is the hockey equivalent of the nerd protagonist who asks their crush to prom imagining victory and then everyone in reality just laughs.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Zacha is a waste

dude looks like he doesn't wanna be there

I dont see the "Zacha isnt trying" thing today.

He made a couple good dishes for a scoring chance.

You can bust him on the defensive clear attempt earlier (didnt lead to a goal thank god) but i cant say the offensive flow isnt there.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yup. Him refusing to acknowledge that some pod the kids simply are not a fit is going to bite him in the ass. I get having patience but there is a time when you have to realize they just don’t have what it takes. Shara Kuokkanen and Boqvist are some that come to mind . Time to move on . Trade them for whatever you can get and it’s time for others to get a chance.
In the meantime , we have to surround the kids with some better veteran players besides Tatar . Jack needs someone that can score. Mercer with Kuokkanen is a joke.
I don't know how to highlight on here, but of the three players you've mentioned, 1 of them is totally different from the other 2 and then there's one guy that's been considerably worse than either of the two.

Boqvist is absolutely no count. He needs to stop getting call ups after this year, if he still can't produce respectively. His ceiling right now replacing Jimmy Vesey next year and that's maybe even too much to ask for. He's played 73 games and scores at the rate of a defensive defenseman through those 73 games. He's 23 years old already, 24 in October of next year. He's just no good. He won't be anything like we thought he was when he made the team out of camp in 19-20. If we keep giving him chances it's gonna be like Josefson all over again. And he ain't even as good as Josefson was and that's pretty sad.

Kuokkanen was good last year, he produced good last year (unlike Boqvist EVER in the NHL) so I understand why he's getting some rope, but he looks like he could be an NHL washout as soon as the end of next year, if this keeps up.

Sharangovich has shown both years to be solid so far. A little less solid this year than last, but not bad. He shouldn't be mentioned with either of these guys and I don't even think Kuokkanen should be mentioned with Boqvist, at least not just yet.

Reactions: Guttersniped

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I dont see the "Zacha isnt trying" thing today.

He made a couple good dishes for a scoring chance.

You can bust him on the defensive clear attempt earlier (didnt lead to a goal thank god) but i cant say the offensive flow isnt there.

he looks too casual on the puck

no will to drive to the net or to shot it

don't know, maybe I'm just fed up with him

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Zacha is just so easy to play against. And he doesn't produce enough to justify it.

I think you have to move him to a team that's desperate for a center and is willing to try him out there.

Reactions: tr83

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
he looks too casual on the puck

no will to drive to the net or to shot it

don't know, maybe I'm just fed up with him

We all getting frustrated with him over this stretch. Even his fans.. So i understand the frustration.

Lets see how 3rd churns out with him lol..

My biggest gripe with him is not using his size to his and team advantage.

Reactions: John Pedro

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I've been fed up with Zacha for a while. He is only as good as his linemates, he can't do anything himself. There just isn't enough to his game to warrant a big contract.

The fact we can sign a guy like Tatar to come in and basically do everything he does goes to shows how pedestrian he is.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if there's a good goalie that could be had for Zacha?

As much as I've been giving it to Kenny Holland this game for the goalie tandem he brought back yet again (which was easy to see for an idiot to see it wasn't gonna work this year), Fitzgerald is even more suspect if he don't make an upgrade and next year's tandem is Blackwood and Bernier's half a hip.

Reactions: MauDevils

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've been fed up with Zacha for a while. He is only as good as his linemates, he can't do anything himself. There just isn't enough to his game to warrant a big contract.

The fact we can sign a guy like Tatar to come in and basically do everything he does goes to shows how pedestrian he is.
I mean, he's not a bad player (like Adam Henrique isn't a bad player) but can you imagine him for $4 million on the cap or possibly more than that? f*** no.

Fitzgerald can really f*** our cap situation down the road by handing out some stupid to him, among other guys potentially, but he's the big one that's up for RFA deal after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad