GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Anaheim Ducks, 10 PM EST, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We’ve all been frustrated this year. The season has sucked. I appreciate all of you for sticking around.

We need to not lose sight of the future of this group. Nemec and Luke are future studs. Timo picking it up lately is also a huge positive.

We have a good core. Some things need to be tightened up, and the group needs a new voice. It’s time.

Learn from this adversity, grow from it. Winners had to do it. It’s our time to learn the hard way.
Watch them get Markstrom, somehow go 15-7 and squeak in :naughty:

But yeah, they are cooked. Cursed season. Need a new coach. Needed a goalie 40 games ago. Needed some speedy bottom 6 wingers. Looking forward to next season.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
It was warranted tonight, it was bad
He's 23 and has shown he can play this will happen ....Ruff is in complete save ass mode because this is his last shot....Nico sounded just like the team broadcasters walking the company line....Team game and Daws wasn't good neither was the team....Ruff needs to go

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Come on guys...every goalie we face automagically becomes incredible making 40 plus saves while we give up 4 or 5 on less than 25 shot...this has been going on with multiple goalies and it happened the same exact way in 2022...

Our defense is bad. Very bad....and forwards don't protect the puck at all in the offensive zone...I wish I could prove the exact number of goals we've given up off the rush with our defense caught flat footed because one of our forwards missed the net wide....it happened multiple times tonight and the Ducks scored off of a Bratt shot wide....we shoot from the perimeter indiscriminately. Our defenders are too deep in the offensive zone too frequently Our in zone coverage is atrocious. Our defensive reads are slow to non-existent.

How many times do you have see Sal show you a missed coverage on the teleprompter to get it?

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
He's 23 and has shown he can play this will happen ....Ruff is in complete save ass mode because this is his last shot....Nico sounded just like the team broadcasters walking the company line....Team game and Daws wasn't good neither was the team....Ruff needs to go
Id normally agree. But thats how bad it was , it couldnt be sugarcoated. That was the difference in the game. Also a public reminder that Fitz needs to get a goalie.

And yes I do agree that Ruff has to go. But looks like they will let him walk in the offseason

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Bratt wasn't scoring on the PP anyways.

I watched the four goals. My breakdown.

1. Goal one, I couldn't tell whether there was a tripping on Bahl or not. At a minimum, there was an incidental trip leading to the one on one with the goalie. Daws let's up a terrible goal from a not great angle. Nico probably should have chipped it up the boards rather than passed backwards behind the ice, which lead to the successful forecheck.

2. Goal two, I didn't see who it was, but bot a good job holding the zone. Luke was wayyy too soft on the puck retrieval. Daws had little puck awareness and Meier could have played it better, but not blaming the latter.

3. Goal three, Luke has to do a better job tying up his man. Let him have a deflection in the slot. No chance by Daws.

4. Goal four, bad job from Bratt and Nico both forechecking the same man behind the net, while the other forward was also behind the net. The Duck player was able to chip it out and start the odd man rush. Horrid job by Marino playing the odd man rush. No chance by Daws.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
Come on guys...every goalie we face automagically becomes incredible making 40 plus saves while we give up 4 or 5 on less than 25 shot...this has been going on with multiple goalies and it happened the same exact way in 2022...

Our defense is bad. Very bad....and forwards don't protect the puck at all in the offensive zone...I wish I could prove the exact number of goals we've given up off the rush with our defense caught flat footed because one of our forwards missed the net wide....it happened multiple times tonight and the Ducks scored off of a Bratt shot wide....we shoot from the perimeter indiscriminately. Our defenders are too deep in the offensive zone too frequently Our in zone coverage is atrocious. Our defensive reads are slow to non-existent.

How many times do you have see Sal show you a missed coverage on the teleprompter to get it?
If only the team employed multiple people to tell the players, and perhaps teach them how to do these things.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
On average the devils only lead about 17 minutes per game

The other 42 minutes they are either tied or losing

https://morehockeystats.com/teams/leadingtrailing

Holee shit, that is depressing.

Lindy Ruff in shambles right now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
On average the devils only lead about 17 minutes per game

The other 42 minutes they are either tied or losing

https://morehockeystats.com/teams/leadingtrailing
That's a telling story.

We know that they give up more first goals than anyone in league history... But I bet that they also take longer to score the first goal than anyone else in the league. ..they seem to need 20 shots every night to score a goal.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Watch them get Markstrom, somehow go 15-7 and squeak in :naughty:

But yeah, they are cooked. Cursed season. Need a new coach. Needed a goalie 40 games ago. Needed some speedy bottom 6 wingers. Looking forward to next season.
Get the frustration but the rebuild was to contend for next 7 to 10 years not do everything to save this year which is obviously fubar...I called for more physicality but no way I make that trade Fitz just made...I would rather have none then make that deal....Moves out of desperation can haunt us. Nico and this team have been inconsistent all year but now it's about just the goalie sad...

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Get the frustration but the rebuild was to contend for next 7 to 10 years not do everything to save this year which is obviously fubar...I called for more physicality but no way I make that trade Fitz just made...I would rather have none then make that deal....Moves out of desperation can haunt us. Nico and this team have been inconsistent all year but now it's about just the goalie sad...
I also want Markstrom so we can roll with him and Schmid. Daws is young and coming off that surgery. I want him in the AHL getting more seasoning. I think Akira will benefit from the NHL as a backup, he performs better here, while Daws can benefit down there.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I enjoyed 2021-2022 more than this, for sure.

2024-2025 though… can’t wait.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Why does Smith still get minutes?

IMG_4141.jpeg

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
This team isn’t doing shit with Fitzgerald as the gm. Never seen a gm this incompetent at every level that they just let a team drown like this.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Going to take a lot to wash the shit off this team. Next year can easily be another shit show
Shouldn’t be all that hard actually. 2-3 steps.

We sound like 2021-2022 all over again. Wonder what happened after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad