GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Anaheim Ducks, 10 PM EST, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Once again if Cory Schneider let in goals 1 and 2 tonight Mr Jim is singing a completely different tune.

Those should have been saves, bottomline and it is exactly why Ruff publicly called out the goaltending tonight which he rarely does. He always gives them a long leash with the media

Reactions: Bosskarelli

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
It’s also splitting hairs between Jack and Bratt to take the penalty shot

Bratt has 7 career shootout goals out 4 coming back in 21-22

Hughes has 3 career shootout goals

Really no difference between 20 percent and 28 percent
It comes down to some prefer Jack and some prefer Bratt...

The way the season has gone...neither were scoring tonight in the shootout

Reactions: glenwo2

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Absolutely no consistency. People think bad goaltending can’t deflate players. They’re wrong.
Bad goaltending is like a cancer that eventually spreads an impacts other parts of a team game because they try to make up for it.

Now I’m not a big “timely saves” vs sv percentage person because all saves are timely, because if they didn’t happen they would be goals. But allowing goals, especially bad goals are deflating for a team.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It’s also splitting hairs between Jack and Bratt to take the penalty shot

Bratt has 7 career shootout goals out 4 coming back in 21-22

Hughes has 3 career shootout goals

Really no difference between 20 percent and 28 percent
Shootouts and penalty shots are pretty much always a toss up unless it's somebody who is obviously terrible at them, so I usually don't give coaches too much shit for their selections. Jack scores there, he's a hero. He doesn't, he's a goat. Such is life sometimes.

Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Goodnight
IMG_3981.jpeg

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Shootouts and penalty shots are pretty much always a toss up unless it's somebody who is obviously terrible at them, so I usually don't give coaches too much shit for their selections. Jacks scores there, he's a hero. He doesn't, he's a goat. Such is life sometimes.
I agree and it’s not like they passed up 2011-2012 kovalhuk/parise caliber option for a lesser option.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m worried that Daws (if he ever was gonna become anything) may be ruined, between what they did to him in 21-22 cause of how shitty Gillies was and what it looks like they may do the rest of this year or at least until Vitek is back.

I’m ready to send both back (for now, maybe call them back up around the first of April) and roll with Kinkaid/Kallgren.

The season is over anyway.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The lack of success on penalty shots is also a coaching issue. A guy like Jack on a breakaway with someone chasing him scores more often than not than when he is taking a penalty shot or shootout attempt. Players need to be coached by to take the attempt with speed and make one move or shoot. This is attention to detail stuff.

That isn’t just Ruff issue, issue predates him a little bit as well. But he has more talent for those shots than previous coaches.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Jack earned that penalty shot. Bratt is great at them but has limited amounts of moves he uses. The problem is that Jack is historically bad in the shootout. It's a tough call but I guess there is no one on this team that is actually good in the shootout to the point where you want them to take it over him. Jack is 20% in the shootout over the course of his career. Alot of star players aren't great at it , it is what it is. Just sucks , they battle back to make it a 1 goal gameand than get the kick in the nuts with that miss.

If they did t have Jack they don't get back in in the game. He did alpt tonight, especially drawing calls.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Between ducks,blue jackets, canadiens and sharks they have pissed away 10 points

Pretty impressive
Even more impressive is they are one of the better teams against the leagues worst teams this season

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Once again if Cory Schneider let in goals 1 and 2 tonight Mr Jim is singing a completely different tune.

Those should have been saves, bottomline and it is exactly why Ruff publicly called out the goaltending tonight which he rarely does. He always gives them a long leash with the media
He's trying to save himself and the whole broadcast was horrible....Look at the shots....Look at the shots ....Operation Mindcrime....Not first time they lost to bottom teams this time they just put up shots...Ruff covered for vTek how many times but throws the kid under the bus....

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Thought Bratt should have taken it he was pissed about that elbow earlier and Jack just gets too emotional. Let him win it in OT.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We’ve all been frustrated this year. The season has sucked. I appreciate all of you for sticking around.

We need to not lose sight of the future of this group. Nemec and Luke are future studs. Timo picking it up lately is also a huge positive.

We have a good core. Some things need to be tightened up, and the group needs a new voice. It’s time.

Learn from this adversity, grow from it. Winners had to do it. It’s our time to learn the hard way.

Reactions: Dialamo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad