GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Idk how the PK doesn't get any blame for it. There's literally no pressure on Kane

Like I said earlier, there's always gunna be one guy open anyways. Had they pressured Kane more, it would've just left someone else open for a higher danger change. That was a nothing burger that turned into a goal and a convenient excuse to put on the pk

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Goal 2 was at least a really good shot and it didn’t leak through him. I think you’d want that one to hit him.

I think that one would have been forgotten about had that fourth one never happened.

Pretty much. I said we needed a clean sheet from him past that point.

He got a pass on goal 3 because that was f***ery and that evened out with Nico scoring.

Mercer's penalty and his awful play on that goal cost us the game

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have to stop listening to Marty about everything on goaltending, the Allen move was obviously him and so was the Markstrom one. NHL instagram had a post like last year where they asked Marty his favorite goalies in the league and Markstrom was 4th, so you know he had pull into bringing him into NJ lol
Honestly, Marty can burn a Devils jersey and f*** off to Ragsland tomorrow for all I care.

If I could survive through having to watch Marty play for another team, I can survive having to watch him work for another team (which he already did work for St. Louis before us anyway), especially when he isn’t any good at being a front office person.

I think I’d like him more if he went over there. Because at least he won’t have anything to do with what goes on here anymore.

His decision to axe Melanson and bring in Rogalski (which he pretty much confirmed was his decision in a podcast a couple years ago) has been probably the worst move of the Fitz era so far.

And it’s also the gift that keeps on giving. Teams fire the goalie coach after two years sometimes. Rogalski is in year five, with three of the first four being unforgivably bad results.

Imagine if the power play was this bad for years, yet we kept running it back with Mark Recchi all these years? How is that different? Why do we keep running it back with Rogalski?

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
I mean he had a good OHL year as an over ager after 2 years of .800 goaltending. He had the mediocre and overrated original stint here because people were grading him on a curve. He had a good rookie 20 games in Utica 4 seasons ago and has gotten worse every single year. .916 down to .904 down to .890 down to .876 in 3 games to start this year.
Fair enough

I wouldnt cast him aside though until he gets his true stint with us as a backup, and not an overworked teenager

Plus the greatest goaltender ever in Brodeur had similarly awful stats in juniors and the AHL

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Yeah Bastian is doing nothing there, Kane could've shot or passed it to Raymond for a one T. It's still a shot you want a save on though. Goes back to a further point about him getting taken off the PK. Also doesn't help Mercer was in the box too since he's usually on the kill

Gotta be more positive :sarcasm:

Sorry, if we're pinning that on the pk, just put an echl goalie in, good grief

No screen, no tip, pretty far out...terrible goal

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah Bastian is doing nothing there, Kane could've shot or passed it to Raymond for a one T. It's still a shot you want a save on though. Goes back to a further point about him getting taken off the PK. Also doesn't help Mercer was in the box too since he's usually on the kill

Gotta be more positive :sarcasm:

It's both something you wnat a save on and awful PKing. You cannot let Patrick Kane walk in and take a shot with no pressure. It can be both things and it is both things on this one.

Dillon had 2-3 very bad passes in the D-zone that resulted in dangerous turnovers.

The Debrincat chance right out front in the 2nd

Reactions: Devs3cups

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think it's possible for Game 11 to be anywhere close to a must win game when you are still above nhl .500 (and honestly even if you aren't)

But for the sake of the morale of the fanbase and the players, Really need to get something.

Also they got to reverse this trend of just laying complete eggs on home ice.

Been too many total stinkers at home

Reactions: BostonDevil

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
True, Kovy was a still shakey too, but even then by and large I don't think there were many big mistakes.

Definitely not enough to deserve to lose. You are winning most nights if those are the only big mistakes you make
Besides my specific (and minor) quarrel with Dougie in the Team Discussion, my only gripe with tonight was the rolling over to the antics of Detroit in this game

Dont want to respond right away to Larkin and take a penalty? Thats fair. But then hes one of the main instigators in 2-3 more scrums during the game? That is unacceptable

This team has a lot of work to do to shed the 'soft' label they built up over the recent years. And it wont happen at the end of games when the win or loss has been decided already

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think it's possible for Game 11 to be anywhere close to a must win game when you are still above nhl .500 (and honestly even if you aren't)

But for the sake of the morale of the fanbase and the players, Really need to get something.

Also they got to reverse this trend of just laying complete eggs on home ice.

Been too many total stinkers at home
They also need some god damn saves for the morale of the team before this spirals into three years ago again. Nineteen goals against in three games is unacceptable, especially for a duo Fitz doled out a lot of draft/depth capital on.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They also need some god damn saves for the morale of the team before this spirals into three years ago again.

Thing is, they played a picture perfect game tonight and still lost in regulation to a shitter team cause of the goaltending. I highly doubt they get the high danger chances tomorrow against the Islanders and if you can't score on Talbot, have fun v Varlamov or Sorokin on a B2B lol

Reactions: Hisch13r

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Just watched the extended highlights. Yeah, seems like a night and day performance compared to their last two games. But seems like Talbot/Markstrom was the difference.

Annoying but if they continue that level of play then they will win more often than not.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just watched the extended highlights. Yeah, seems like a night and day performance compared to their last two games. But seems like Talbot/Markstrom was the difference.

Annoying but if they continue that level of play then they will win more often than not.

They were on their way to at least OT late in the third but Mercer took an absolutely inexcusable stupid penalty and then Markstrom proceeded to let up the softie of the night on the PK costing us a result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad