Pre-Game Talk: Gonna Go Watch Smile 2 on Friday

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This might be the least interested I have been in the team since I started watching.
After the rollercoaster of last season, from the super lows to the super highs, to the offseason looking good to it being laughably bad…to the team now starting just like last year and wondering how they will get out of it without firing a coach this time.

And I feel like I’m not the only one. Feels like fans don’t really care about the team till maybe the playoffs now which is crazy and the team is responding like they rather draft high.

Weird spot for the team and the fanbase.

Last 6 games against Pit:
4-0W
6-1W
7-2W
6-3W
5-1W
5-2W
So you are saying we are due for a loss.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Gonna go watch Smile 2 Friday so I won't see the game.
First one was creepy!

My wife gives me that look when she’s mad

I’ll do a GDT for Friday.
If you need a picture of me doing splits. Let me know
Watching their season so far is like 'willfully' watching any of the Terrifier movies and not being an actual sociopath.

I said what I said.
i liked Terrifier part one. Part two was a bit silly

I’m gonna see part 3 in the next week or two

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This might be the least interested I have been in the team since I started watching.
After the rollercoaster of last season, from the super lows to the super highs, to the offseason looking good to it being laughably bad…to the team now starting just like last year and wondering how they will get out of it without firing a coach this time.

And I feel like I’m not the only one. Feels like fans don’t really care about the team till maybe the playoffs now which is crazy and the team is responding like they rather draft high.

Weird spot for the team and the fanbase.

So you are saying we are due for a loss.
Its a harder team to like, jmo, every season. I still haven't gotten the fascination here with players like Perry and Brown. They do next to nothing and people exalt their play. Whenever we get commonsense meat and potatoes young turk forwards like McLeod and Holloway we promptly get rid of them. Years ago it was a Ryan Strome we gave up lol Ryan Spooner. This org just doesn't seem to even recognize glue guys in a lineup that do nothing but move pucks North, get in on forecheck, blazing speed etc. Foegele tonight, first Star for LA played a better game tonight than any Oiler player has this season.

I dunno man. Skinner is playing reasonably well. Hyman and Nuge are lost in space. Arvid is awful, The Oilers seem like a car without a battery. Performance going to suffer... Its uncanny almost any OOT game I watch those teams are playing with more excitement. The Oilers play with dread and tenseness and not to lose. Team isn't having fun at all and the fans aren't either.

Now I do expect this will change and its still a playoff club but its just hard to like where this club is at now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I actually just watched the first one last night too. I was pleasantly surprised. It had a very "It Follows" feel to me.
Yep. Its a nice slow burn horror. I was good and freaked out after the movie. What I like in a horror movie is it leaves a lasting impression, Smile certainly does that. But from the patient in the office on I knew I was in for a ride with this one. You knew where the movie was going all along but it just made it creepier. Very few times in a horror movie where I'm going "man this is great" I liked Follows as well. Seems like Horror getting a resurgence.

Exhuma is the best horror movie of 2024. Longlegs the most disappointing.
I love foreign films and don't mind subtitles so will have to check that one out.

First one was creepy!

My wife gives me that look when she’s mad

If you need a picture of me doing splits. Let me know

i liked Terrifier part one. Part two was a bit silly

I’m gonna see part 3 in the next week or two
I was jk that after the wife and I watched Smile we spent the next half hour before bedtime freaking each other out with smiles. Had bad dreams. haha

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad