GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So it is Rogalski's fault that Jon Gillies is now playing for Cincinnati in the ECHL?

Mystery solved.
Yes, because that's exactly what I said.:rolleyes:

I honestly don't know how much he is the problem, but when there's a trend of every goalie we have sucking, I think it's fair to ask if a change might help.

I get it, goalies are hard to predict and the truly elite ones almost never move. I don't think it's an easy thing to fix, but Jesus H. Christ this team seems to be cursed. Cory fell apart, Blackwood stinks, Crawford retired before even playing for us, Bernier's body gave up, Vitek/Schmid were fine for a year and then imploded, Daws has had some good games but it doesn't seem like he's going to be the long term answer either, and that's not even counting the litany of jags like Gillies, Hammond, Kahkonen, etc that have played for us in recent years. Markstrom was finally supposed to be the guy, and then he shits the bed in Vitek like fashion tonight and it's like "here we f***ing go again". I'm not throwing in the towel on him this soon, but damn it's frustrating.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Let’s address the elephant in the room.

Markstrom hasn’t been good.
It was a panic move by Fitzgerald but at least he tried to do something. He apparently was trying to get Swayman too. There's still plenty of season left. Our goaltending duo just needs to be average and we will be okay.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
They played great but got f'ed by the hockey gods and refs (that Dillon penalty basically decided the game). Red wings fans smug celebrating when they were absolutely dominated the entire game and just outgoalied and outlucked the win. Run this back 10 times and they lose 9. Gonna be a rude awakening to them.

Markström is exactly what I though he was, closing retirement barely above .900 goalie. Giving up a first was risky, but he's still improvement to what we had, but probably not a solution to our problems. The goalie market was what it was so I don't blame Fitz, at least he did something.

Losing a 3rd game in a row after a good performance and being once again the laughing stock of the mainboard hurts. They played good and still lost, doesn't feel fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad