Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Any one for one offers of an LHD for Trouba?
Factors to consider are his unknown contract demands in Wpg, and if he settles out to be a 1D, 2D, or 3D.
Try not to offer quantity for quality, and keep in mind that Wpg is loaded with forwards so any trade suggestions should only involve LHD as the main part.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Any one for one offers of an LHD for Trouba?
Factors to consider are his unknown contract demands in Wpg, and if he settles out to be a 1D, 2D, or 3D.
Try not to offer quantity for quality, and keep in mind that Wpg is loaded with forwards so any trade suggestions should only involve LHD as the main part.

Gardiner is probably a piece that is mandatory from the Leafs in a deal...most Jets fans will want a swap across of Rielly but the idea is to have Trouba play with Rielly. So it could be dead in the water.

I don't know what the plus would be on top of Gardiner or if it's something that WPG would even consider...probably not given my experience in these threads or we'll be asked to include Matthews/Nylander/Marner with Gardiner.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Gardiner is probably a piece that is mandatory from the Leafs in a deal...most Jets fans will want a swap across of Rielly but the idea is to have Trouba play with Rielly. So it could be dead in the water.

I don't know what the plus would be on top of Gardiner or if it's something that WPG would even consider...probably not given my experience in these threads or we'll be asked to include Matthews/Nylander/Marner with Gardiner.

Might consider Valiev as the add.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Gardiner because would not include Rielly

I'm fine with adding a reasonable prospect in the trade. Valiev kind of hurts though, I'd probably suck it up though and make the deal.

Feel Valiev could really slant the deal in the Jet's favor in the next 1-3 years though.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
These Trouba proposals are annoying - its funny seeing Winnipeg fans get pissy over imaginary stuff though

Laine for Comeau and a 3rd lol

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nothing from valid sources.

Just know we couldn't give him more then Rielly in the event we got him, or if we did it would need to be more term.

Either way, I'd begrudgingly do Gardiner and Valiev for Trouba.

I'll bow out of this thread though, probably the most civil conversation I've had on here regarding a Trouba trade.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Just know we couldn't give him more then Rielly in the event we got him, or if we did it would need to be more term.

Either way, I'd begrudgingly do Gardiner and Valiev for Trouba.

I'll bow out of this thread though, probably the most civil conversation I've had on here regarding a Trouba trade.

I would think about it for a second, but I need Rielly coming back to do it. Gardiner isn't a good enough replacement for Trouba. Whether or not you want to accept that opinion, it's up to you, but it's just how it is.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I would think about it for a second, but I need Rielly coming back to do it. Gardiner isn't a good enough replacement for Trouba. Whether or not you want to accept that opinion, it's up to you, but it's just how it is.

That's why they offered a D prospect to go with Gardiner. It would at least be worth considering and is better than many other forum member offers.

Still would be interested to hear other offers of course...

Last edited:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm fairly bored at work

:cbj

D Jacob Trouba

:jets

D Ryan Murray
RW Cam Atkinson

----------

:pens

D Jacob Trouba

D Olli Maatta
2nd round pick in 2017

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm fairly bored at work

D Jacob Trouba

D Ryan Murray
RW Cam Atkinson

----------

:pens

D Jacob Trouba

D Olli Maatta
2nd round pick in 2017
CBJ shouldn't trade Murray for Trouba straight up let alone add our best forward from last season.

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Goloubef

is just as good as

Johnson-Jones
Savard-Trouba
Werenski-Goloubef

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If we didn't already have Jones and Savard, we might have been able to work out something. But we traded away our #1C to make sure we got Jones, so, alas.

* * *​

I'm fairly bored at work

D Jacob Trouba

D Ryan Murray
RW Cam Atkinson

Don't be absurd. We'd be picking up exactly the same problem Winnipeg has (too many quality RHD, no LHD to acquire to make up the difference, and one of those RHD wants to be paid a lot) even if it was just Murray for Trouba straight up; we sure as hell aren't going to pay for the privilege, and certainly not with one of our best all-around forwards who plays in all situations.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Damn, was hoping he'd fly under the radar. He had a really strong year in the AHL.

We can live without him. The Leafs have a handful of good LHD prospects to fill out the bottom 4, and he's not even the best one.

He's also worth less than Carrick, who was the guy I thought would be added in a Gardiner deal, so that's nice.

Good deal. I'm not even going to bother proposing the one I was thinking of.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
3 way

This deal fill 3 teams immediate needs-it makes so much sense, it hurts.

To Ana: Nyquist + 2017 third(from Toronto)

To Wpg: Fowler + 2017 1st (+ Smith-if necessary)

To Det: Trouba

Ana gets top six LW

Wpg gets LHD to play with Buff

Det gets hometown 1st. pair RHD

3 needs filled-everyone happy!!!!!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Ana gets top six LW
Y

Pass from Jets, no interest in Fowler.....at the cost of Trouba.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is WPG willing to trade a LHD and Trouba for a LHD and a forward? Or something like

Trouba
LHD
FWD

for

LHD
LHD
FWD

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Ana gets top six LW

Substitute Myers instead of Trouba, and it might make more sense as the foundation for something.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
I think a Gardiner for Trouba as a base might make sense, I'm assuming Toronto would have to add. It gives Winnipeg a top 4 LHD on a reasonable contract while Toronto is getting a potential RHD partner for Rielly. I know neither fan base will probably agree on a deal though.:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad