Value of: Your Extra Backup Goalie to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
**** trading for a goalie, you TML fans down with Pavalec and Niemi are making me sick. Are you forgetting Niemi has 2 years left?

Just sign Enroth and get this season underway, why would we pay assets for a backup when he is probably better than anyone available at a realistic price and comes at the cost of just money? He was unhappy apparently only playing 16 games in LA, he'll get around 25-30 in Toronto, Babock doesn't like having his starters playing over 60 games. Andersen plays 55, Enroth plays 27.

NHL: Andersen + Enroth
AHL: Sparks + Bibeau
ECHL: Kaskisuo

Exactly. We'd have a number one that, hopefully, works out for us and a dependable backup that can get the job done in a pinch as well. The only thing it would cost is money.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Niemi for Lupul
I have a feeling that Tampa is going to move Bishop to Dallas for Niemi/Lehtonen plus. Also thinking that Tampa only would take Niemi and not Lehtonen.

Not sure Niemi will be available unless Bishop gets moved elsewhere. Just IMO. Plus Niemi has more value than Lupul due to health and cap hit.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
We just need a one year stopgap. Andersen shouldn't need much competition. I would prefer Enroth/Ramo to somewhat push him as opposed to a Zatkoff/Kinkaid type of guy. Either way, there's no reason at all for us to burn a 2nd round pick to fill this need.

exactly. we arent giving up anything more than a 5th or 6th for a guy we cant protect. sign enroth/ramo, or just grab one of the guys on waivers to start the year (hutchinson,condon,mcehlinney)

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Just a thought. Why don't the leafs go off the board a little and sign a guy like benjamin conz? Don't give up assets and if he agrees, it'll be for peanuts. I'm sure management would look for someone more proven, but with this being another development year; the risk of rolling the dice on a backup doesn't really have any negative repercussions.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
i wouldn't do Michalek for Pavelec straight up. Michalek can still be effective and is a good vet to have around with the all the young wingers. I'd retain a mil on lupul though :)

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Leafs fan's like Condon?

He can play extremely well, just doesn't have the consistency yet. Still it was his rookie year and he got a ton of experience.

I'd sell him for a Late 3rd/Early 4th.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The obvious answer going the UFA route is just signing Enroth for 2 years.

Ramo might be better but he'll cost more money and I don't know if he'll be ready for NHL duty because of surgery.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
One of NYI's goalies could be had.

Don't know if Snow is interested in moving one until after the World Cup, though.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs fan's like Condon?

He can play extremely well, just doesn't have the consistency yet. Still it was his rookie year and he got a ton of experience.

I'd sell him for a Late 3rd/Early 4th.

Sign Enroth....save picks=asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad