Value of: Your Extra Backup Goalie to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
Hard to think back to something I have never seen on here. Only a hockey moron would think that after a week or two of good play.

I don't think anyone would have been foolish enough to say Condon was better than Price, but there were definitely threads about how great Condon was, and that the canadiens didn't need Price back as desperately as some thought because of the talent of Condon. Im sure you could dig up some quotes and make some people look pretty bad.

Mad Brills*

I mean the whatever would be like froese or something like that.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm actually surprised a team hasn't traded for Pavelec... I'm assuming he is available and he is actually a good goalie and on his final year ... I think he would really help a team out. I was actually hoping to see him in FLA before they acquired Bera and signed Reimer

Also was hoping he would head to Anaheim(jets retain %)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I agree...would TO offer a 7th round pick?

if winnipeg retains, yes. doesnt really make sense to dump a 4m backup for a conditional pick just to get a guy with even worse numbers at the same cost

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Why would we acquire Pavelac? His salary is almost as much as Bernier's. The point of moving Bernier was to clear cap room.

Whoever we acquire is going to command significantly less.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Enroth. Free to acquire. They don't need to push Andersen too much in regards to competition. Avoid the goalie controversy by not acquiring a former number 1

aqsw

PM
Sponsor
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Why would we acquire Pavelac? His salary is almost as much as Bernier's. The point of moving Bernier was to clear cap room.

It's a thing called "term":laugh:. I would offer to retain also. Both teams should be very happy.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It's a thing called "term":laugh:. I would offer to retain also. Both teams should be very happy.

Bernier was UFA next summer.

Anyways, I dont think the Leafs will spend assets on a short term goalie. They'll either sign a cheap vet or trade for a prospect.

JMcLeaf

Only makes sense if we are sending a bad contract back like Michalek's or Winnipeg retains a lot of salary.

Bernier was UFA next summer.

Anyways, I dont think the Leafs will spend assets on a short term goalie. They'll either sign a cheap vet or trade for a prospect.

Pretty slim pickings in the UFA pool, but this could certainly be the route they decide to take. Lindback, Enroth and Ramo could be possible targets.

There is a chance they'll trade for a young goalie, but they'd have to be exempt from the expansion draft. I can't think of any good targets that meet this criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad