Value of: Your decent bottom 6 RW to Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If ottawa can get a more offensive minded 3rd line winger I would say Lazar could be had for a dman coming back not named bieksa

Someone mentioned Zucker above.

I wouldn't trade Lazar straight up for Zucker, but I don't think it's that far off either.

To OTT:
Zucker+

To ANA:
Lazar

To MIN:
Pick?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Someone mentioned Zucker above.

I wouldn't trade Lazar straight up for Zucker, but I don't think it's that far off either.

To OTT:
Zucker+

To ANA:
Lazar

To MIN:
Pick?

I was hoping for defenseman coming back similar to Lazar and ideally signing a fa for offense like hudler.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Hartnell with retention + a first would not be enough

LOL this would 100% be taken, BM would INSTA take this, a top 2 line scoring power forward who is a locker room guy, we save salary, and acquire a first, amazing that my fellow duck fans are so silly in thinking Fowler is worth so much more than he is. thats why he hasnt been dealt! teams are not blowing us up for him, maybe there are a couple teams who really want him, but if they did they wouldve already over paid, nobody is overpaying for Cam Fowler, period, and if they do, BM will show his worth yet again

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I like the idea of wingles... but I wouldn't put larsson Theodore or montour on the table for him.

Idk where wingles stands value wise, or sharks needs

We wont make a deal with any division rivals( unless they are bottom tier teams and we are dumping salary and term for high draft picks) a san jose and ducks trade wont happen this year, or anytime soon

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

LOL this would 100% be taken, BM would INSTA take this, a top 2 line scoring power forward who is a locker room guy, we save salary, and acquire a first, amazing that my fellow duck fans are so silly in thinking Fowler is worth so much more than he is. thats why he hasnt been dealt! teams are not blowing us up for him, maybe there are a couple teams who really want him, but if they did they wouldve already over paid, nobody is overpaying for Cam Fowler, period, and if they do, BM will show his worth yet again

Missed you and your outlandish posts

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Missed you and your outlandish posts

Yea, been with RC and BM and the boys discussing our upcoming season, been a bit busy, I'm back to let everyone know, that unfortunately , we havent had many offers for Cam fowler, and as of now we have no real need to trade him, we still have time, any decent offer for him, that also involves a high draft pick will be accepted once we take care of Raks and Lindholm.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Does he just not fit in your guys roster or what, I remember sharks fans being pretty high on him as a player?

Does not fit in roster pretty much sums it up. Last season the Sharks added 2 RWs, Ward and Donskoi. This season we added another forward Boedker, and we have 1-3 rookies who will be trying to make a case for inclusion in the roster, Meier, Goldobin and Sorensen. Too valuable to waste splitting time between 4th line and PB. Would rather get something for him.

Too bad we are division rivals in this case, because a 2nd would probably be enough to get it done. Maybe a prospect added (not a top prospect) or a lower pick. Seems like a good fit.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
I actually kinda like that move personally, I think burrows is a decent fit with our line up, granted the cap situation makes it a little harder to do... not sure if Vancouver would be willing to take back a dump, or how much retention they could do and the cost to actually get this trade to work.

I think something like
Getz Perry Ritchie
Kesler Silfverberg Rakell
Vermette Burrows Cogliano
Wagner Raymond Garbutt
Idk if Raymond or garbutt can play on the right wing tho

I'm thinking we could do max retention but wouldn't wanna bring back another body to the line-up, because the motivation for that trade from our side would be to free playing time for our youth. However, if the piece we might get back would someone who could and would battle it out with Gaunce/Etem/Granlund and say, was not subject to waivers, it's a totally another story.

I just see a fit here.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Trading a 24 year old #2D/#3D (depending on what you think he is) for a 34 year old LW and a 1st round pick is not good for the Ducks. Hartnell game could take a dive at any time. If we trade Fowler we need a younger player coming back.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Once Fowler is traded, we will be fine. Some guys should be given a shot to see if they can stick before a trade is facilitated. This is a topic that should be held until November/December.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Once Fowler is traded, we will be fine. Some guys should be given a shot to see if they can stick before a trade is facilitated. This is a topic that should be held until November/December.

Yeah I agree that there is nothing wrong with giving some of the kids a chance to fight for the job in camp, can always reevaluate during the season and add as needed.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I should mention that Stoner (and possibly Fowler depending on where our budget is at) will probably have to go out the door to bring in this bottom 6 forward if we want to bring both Rakell and Lindholm back. I'm assuming Lindholm probably wants north of 6, and Rakell has leverage to ask for 4. Even if we were a cap team, that would take us about 3.5 million above the cap. If Rakell takes a 2-2.5M bridge contract, which is more likely but not set in stone (preferably 2 years so Bieksa's contract can go bye-bye) then we're still above the cap by about 2M.

Either Bob Murray has a wild, brilliant plan hidden in the back folds of his neck, or he's shown an astonishing lack of foresight with his actions this offseason.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I should mention that Stoner (and possibly Fowler depending on where our budget is at) will probably have to go out the door to bring in this bottom 6 forward if we want to bring both Rakell and Lindholm back. I'm assuming Lindholm probably wants north of 6, and Rakell has leverage to ask for 4. Even if we were a cap team, that would take us about 3.5 million above the cap. If Rakell takes a 2-2.5M bridge contract, which is more likely but not set in stone (preferably 2 years so Bieksa's contract can go bye-bye) then we're still above the cap by about 2M.

Either Bob Murray has a wild, brilliant plan hidden in the back folds of his neck, or he's shown an astonishing lack of foresight with his actions this offseason.

Rakell doesn't have the leverage to demand that much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad