Value of: Your decent bottom 6 RW to Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Just Kickin this around Canuck fans

What would you give us for Hansen............

Proposal

Ottawa's 2017 2nd + Anaheim's 2018 1st
for
Hansen at 50% + Vancouver's 2018 3rd

Hansen gives you a Multi Line Player who can play RW on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd line
High energy, fairly consistent contributor, 2 yrs at 1.25 M per, plays a good defensive game, and I don't think you find a better player for the price verses production factor

IMO he gives Anaheim as good of a chance as any to reach your goal
* Vancouver's 2018 3rd is as close as your going to get to a 2nd...just saying

I doubt Vancouver does it though..........Aqualini thinks we are SC finalists!

We are not trading a 1st and 2nd round pick for Hansen and a 3rd round pick. We love to draft in round 1 takes a lot for us to trade 1st round picks.

Or Derek Dorsett straight up for a 3rd

No way in hell.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Could you give a scouting report on him? Don't know much about ducks prospects.

I mean if that's what you want to give us :laugh:
No just don't know much about Ducks prospects outside of the top 2-3.

I like the idea of wingles... but I wouldn't put larsson Theodore or montour on the table for him.

Idk where wingles stands value wise, or sharks needs

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Jurco and Nyquist for Fowler and a 5th.
Nyquist is a top 6 option to play with Getzlaf and Jurco is a pretty good bottom 6, hasn't (and won't) been given ample playing time.

Sounds good? :laugh:

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
We are not trading a 1st and 2nd round pick for Hansen and a 3rd round pick. We love to draft in round 1 takes a lot for us to trade 1st round picks.

No way in hell.

Hansen to Ducks for 2nd and 5th IMHO is quite fair. I'd prefer 2 2nds but that's more deadline style payments.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The tough part with what you want to do is that the only real cap dump you have is Bieksa so how do you package him to get the 3rd liner and the cap relief you will need?

Fowler by himself is going to bring back someone with a decent cap hit since you've shown no desire to take purely futures on him.

You might need to package Bieksa with one of the better prospects you have or this will be a tough sell to get a 3rd liner who really can contribute. None of your AHL forwards really hit it out of the park last year either so they don't carry much value yet, outside of Ritchie who could be tried here first if he is ready.

You just might be better off in the long run by packaging Bieksa and someone like Montour or Theodore to someone like Toronto for one of their better wing prospects and using the savings to fill the gap in FA. Toronto can bury Bieksa in the minors. Maybe throw a draft pick their way too.

FYI, I'm not a fan of either team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why is Bieksa in these proposals? Guy has NMC and those are very tough to be moved. If he sucks, his trade value is zero or negative.

As a GM, if you give NMC, prepare for a buyout, or keep him.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Why is Bieksa in these proposals? Guy has NMC and those are very tough to be moved. If he sucks, his trade value is zero or negative.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Bieksa is a Duck at least up until expansion, and will be bought out if he won't waive to be left unprotected. Waiving his NMC for the expansion draft is actually the best way for him to ensure he gets to stay in Anaheim, since there's no chance in hell he gets selected.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

He's in this because how do you get a 3rd line winger who can legitimately contribute with the tightness of the salary cap and Lindholm and Rakell yet to sign? You have to find some extra cap room and he is basically the only spot to find it. And the only way to trade him is to add a good piece.

He might not want to waive but you can't control that. Doesn't hurt to see if he will for the right situation for him. His contract goes through 2017-18 and at age 35 he might be looking forward to where he wants to live after playing.

It's just another creative way to solve the need for the 3rd line RW. If no one wants to take that on fine, but it's not am impossibility if you add enough to make a team that could stick him on the 3rd pair and is building for the future, hence the added piece.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The tough part with what you want to do is that the only real cap dump you have is Bieksa so how do you package him to get the 3rd liner and the cap relief you will need?

Fowler by himself is going to bring back someone with a decent cap hit since you've shown no desire to take purely futures on him.

You might need to package Bieksa with one of the better prospects you have or this will be a tough sell to get a 3rd liner who really can contribute. None of your AHL forwards really hit it out of the park last year either so they don't carry much value yet, outside of Ritchie who could be tried here first if he is ready.

You just might be better off in the long run by packaging Bieksa and someone like Montour or Theodore to someone like Toronto for one of their better wing prospects and using the savings to fill the gap in FA. Toronto can bury Bieksa in the minors. Maybe throw a draft pick their way too.

FYI, I'm not a fan of either team.

I think the most positive discussion between Leafs and Ducks fans has been regarding Despres for a couple young wingers.

Given Andersen got 5Mx5Yrs and Despres' contract is 3.7Mx5Yrs. That's 43.5M in contracts spanning over 5 years the Leafs would have traded part of their stock pile of picks and prospects for this summer to help them out of their cap squeeze.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
You might get Burrows for pretty cheap and reap a substantial reward for having him play a no-nonsense-3RW role for one season. Last year of his contract going too, so there are neither expansion draft factors nor fear of him taking cap space/money off your RFA's. Knowing he's overpaid now, he might also sign dirt cheap for a retirement contract, tho I'd much rather see him succeed immensely with you guys and get him back next season, even with a bit of a overpay for the last 2 or 3 years of his NHL career. We could also add some retention to his contract, which already is only 3 mil compared to his 4,5 cap hit.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You might get Burrows for pretty cheap and reap a substantial reward for having him play a no-nonsense-3RW role for one season. Last year of his contract going too, so there are neither expansion draft factors nor fear of him taking cap space/money off your RFA's. Knowing he's overpaid now, he might also sign dirt cheap for a retirement contract, tho I'd much rather see him succeed immensely with you guys and get him back next season, even with a bit of a overpay for the last 2 or 3 years of his NHL career. We could also add some retention to his contract, which already is only 3 mil compared to his 4,5 cap hit.

I actually kinda like that move personally, I think burrows is a decent fit with our line up, granted the cap situation makes it a little harder to do... not sure if Vancouver would be willing to take back a dump, or how much retention they could do and the cost to actually get this trade to work.

I think something like
Getz Perry Ritchie
Kesler Silfverberg Rakell
Vermette Burrows Cogliano
Wagner Raymond Garbutt
Idk if Raymond or garbutt can play on the right wing tho

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I like the idea of wingles... but I wouldn't put larsson Theodore or montour on the table for him.

Idk where wingles stands value wise, or sharks needs

Don't really have too many needs. Just for everything to go well. Maybe a back up goalie but I would prefer just a pick or pick and prospect for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don't really have too many needs. Just for everything to go well. Maybe a back up goalie but I would prefer just a pick or pick and prospect for him.

Does he just not fit in your guys roster or what, I remember sharks fans being pretty high on him as a player?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Brian Flynn for a draft pick?

Montreal would open up an actual spot for Reway and Lehkonen to battle to make the team as both have a clause to head back overseas if they don't make the big club I believe.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Jason Zucker might be available for the right price. Could be 25 G guy in right scenario and is one of most explosive skaters in NHL. Wild would probably look for pick back.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Does he just not fit in your guys roster or what, I remember sharks fans being pretty high on him as a player?

For some reason, he just couldn't put it together under DeBoer. Now with Sorenson, Goldobin, and Meier looking to make the roster he's just kind of getting left in the dust.

Meier-Thornton-Pav
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Hertl-Sorenson/Goldobin
Nieto-Tierney-Ward

No room for Wingels

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

As SJSharks39 said above me, it seems that DeBoer really does not care for Wingels; he was below Nieto, Karlsson, Spaling, and Zubrus on the depth chart by the end of the year. This is what makes many of us feel that Wingels will be traded, in combination with the facts that he makes more money and is older than his competition (Nieto and Karlsson) and our best prospects (Meier and Goldobin) are NHL-ready wingers.

Wingels is a great character guy, a truly high-end penalty killer, a hard hitter, above average skater and defensive player, and has a good shot. Two years ago, he was more of a middle-six tweener, but for the Sharks at this point we just have too many options to want to play him on the third line (where his scoring has regressed) and he's too expensive for a fourth liner to me.

I'd be looking at a late 2nd rounder in a trade.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
If ottawa can get a more offensive minded 3rd line winger I would say Lazar could be had for a dman coming back not named bieksa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad