Value of: your best offer for Evan Bouchard and Ryan McLeod (with a few stipulations)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think I'm starting to like you...

I respect that you are able to acknowledge that your own team is just not built the right way.

The Kings got even better... I wouldn't be surprised if they bounce you out next season.
They certainly could but it would surprise me. LA have even worse goaltending than Edmonton and aren't close in top end talent to the Oilers.

Vegas and Colorado are the teams currently in our weight class in the West. That's why I'm looking for speciality in players, so we can get past these two teams.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They certainly could but it would surprise me. LA have even worse goaltending than Edmonton and aren't close in top end talent to the Oilers.

Vegas and Colorado are the teams currently in our weight class in the West. That's why I'm looking for speciality in players, so we can get past these two teams.
You got some tough series with those Kings, they added Dubois...

They're clearly gonna try and shut down your offense.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022

Vegas exposed Bouchard pretty badly. He was a -1 or -2 in every single game barring one where he was a 0.

I didn't bring it up because he's 23 and Vegas is stacked. That's a tough ask of any young player to deal with a team like that.

But it happened.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You got some tough series with those Kings, they added Dubois...

They're clearly gonna try and shut down your offense.
LA had to give entirely a bundle of depth to get Dubois in the first place, probably too much. Then it cost a significant percentage of the cap to get him to sign.

I view the Dubois contract equivalent with the Nurse contract and I don't like either. On a rebuilding team contracts like those are acceptable. For Edmonton and LA they are draining and difficult to overcome.

Historically Dubois doesn't match up well against McDavid or Draisaitl. Not at all and that's a tell for future contests.

The series complimented LA more than was deserving. The series went on longer than it should have. That's my opinion.
Vegas exposed Bouchard pretty badly. He was a -1 or -2 in every single game barring one where he was a 0.

I didn't bring it up because he's 23 and Vegas is stacked. That's a tough ask of any young player to deal with a team like that.

But it happened.
Vegas was the class of the playoffs. Better than the Oilers yet only the Oilers came close to knocking them off.

The Oilers coaching or lack lack of thereof 100% cost the Oilers that series. That and not having the appropriate mix of players. Bouchard didn't cost the Oilers the series.

Like it or not the Oilers are one of the top teams and with the right maneuvering they will win the cup.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
LA had to give entirely a bundle of depth to get Dubois in the first place, probably too much. Then it cost a significant percentage of the cap to get him to sign.

I view the Dubois contract equivalent with the Nurse contract and I don't like either. On a rebuilding team contracts like those are acceptable. For Edmonton and LA they are draining and difficult to overcome.

Historically Dubois doesn't match up well against McDavid or Draisaitl. Not at all and that's a tell for future contests.

The series complimented LA more than was deserving. The series went on longer than it should have. That's my opinion.
Love strong opinions!

But we'll have to wait and see at this point.

Kopitar/Danault/Dubois against Offence!

Reactions: Muffinalt

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Love strong opinions!

But we'll have to wait and see at this point.

Kopitar/Danault/Dubois against Offence!
I think Doughty still has lots of jam as well. But Kopitar and Doughty aren't getting younger, aren't the players they once were, all this while they still take up significant portions of the cap.

McDrai schooled them all over and over. We have the sample size.

Reactions: thadd

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I think I'm starting to like you...

I respect that you are able to acknowledge that your own team is just not built the right way.

The Kings got even better... I wouldn't be surprised if they bounce you out next season.
That post of yours is comic gold if you would know the poster better. Not your fault though. HFOil "appreciates" his strong opinions on the roster very much day after day.

Adding to the topic, the Oilers traded Barrie last season so Bouch can take his next step. Bouch is and should be going nowhere.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Bouchard gets the Miller and Byram Deal at 3.8
McLeod gets what’s left 1 yr
This is not a trade proposal.
That post of yours is comic gold if you would know the poster better. Not your fault though. HFOil "appreciates" his strong opinions on the roster very much day after day.

Adding to the topic, the Oilers traded Barrie last season so Bouch can take his next step. Bouch is and should be going nowhere.
This is a biased, short-sighted and mean-spirited opinion.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So far it's been post after post detailing how bad of a hockey player Evan Bouchard is and not one single trade proposal has arisen for the player.

Do I overvalue Bouchard or am I missing something?

Reactions: ktownhockey

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
I'm not an Oilers Fans but I'm pretty sure he will not be traded not now.
Finally Oilers have their man on power play who make it easier for Draisaitl and Mcdavid.
In the past Barrie and Nurse take no1 PP spot but they don't have the shot of Bouchard.
Now all nhl team need to respect the point in PP not just Mcdavid and Draisaitl and make them to have more chance on goal due to this.
For sure He will cost money but they can make a bridge deal like Byram did and see how he will be in 2 years.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Oilers have roughly 5.62M in projected cap space, possibly a little more.

The Oilers have enough to sign Bouchard and McLeod but little to no cap space if they do. The Oilers should be capable of running a 22 man roster unless Bouchard and McLeod sign for the maximum rumoured, then the Oilers might face the challenges of running a 21 man roster. The need is to fill out the roster while increasing potential cap space. Hopefully improving the team.

Any offer should include a cap savings measure. Retained salary. Involving a third team. Incorporating a cap dump in the transaction, with an additional cost to the Oilers or team trading for Bouchard or McLeod. If not the Oilers are better off signing Bouchard and McLeod.

The perfect offer includes a top 4 RD and a third-line center going to the Oilers. Players the Oilers would be losing with Bouchard and McLeod. The Oilers should be looking for any and all proven veterans they can fit under the cap. Teams looking for high end young players with further room to develop should look to add Bouchard or McLeod.

The Oilers can add additional picks, players or prospects to accomodate any transaction for either one or both of these players. But the idea is to improve the team, this is not a fire sale. I'm trying to find creative ways to improve the Oilers to push them over the hump, not take on other teams trash and bad contracts. If anything the Oilers will pay to move undesirable contracts in order to accomodate a transaction.

Try to be realistic. Bouchard and McLeod are good young trading chips coming off of successful entry level contracts. Bouchard in particular should be of great interest to any team. Any trade involving Bouchard must improve the Oilers immediately. The Oilers can throw in draft picks, prospects and players if it is possible to upgrade at either RD, third-line center or any position.

Feel free to offer up your opinion on the value of Bouchard and McLeod even if your team and the Oilers do not make good trading partners. If you can make a real offer without fulfilling the above stipulations, go ahead and make it. A deal either works or it doesn't. There will be no consensus and the input should be interesting.
too biz to do now, hopefully in coupla days, can pull up post from the Broberg thread
premise was:
suitors no bs acknowledge LaF now not same LaF who could not skate NHL level first yr + 3/4s; he shows productive chemistry on kid line and Rs happy to continue w/mo mins whole line; and projects never being a Jagr, but a solid Steve Vickers type.

All that said, LaF can be had if profitable in currency [quality youth w/foundation pieces upside], open market, must offer highest bid.

Now, as that relates here,
I remember something where
you kept Bouch but surrendered
Broberg, McLeod ++ for LaF +

Whether or not that is best offer for LaF [Flames, Sens say hi, even if Habs still trying bs move to get for nothing] remains to be seen.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I'm not an Oilers Fans but I'm pretty sure he will not be traded not now.
Finally Oilers have their man on power play who make it easier for Draisaitl and Mcdavid.
In the past Barrie and Nurse take no1 PP spot but they don't have the shot of Bouchard.
Now all nhl team need to respect the point in PP not just Mcdavid and Draisaitl and make them to have more chance on goal due to this.
For sure He will cost money but they can make a bridge deal like Byram did and see how he will be in 2 years.
Tyson Barrie scored 55 points last season split between Edmonton and Nashville. Darnell Nurse, 43 points with no first unit power play time to speak of. Evan Bouchard had 40 points during the regular season. Played the majority of the season on the second unit power play then switched to the first unit after the trade deadline.

Those are the numbers and I cannot refute them.
too biz to do now, hopefully in coupla days, can pull up post from the Broberg thread
premise was:
suitors no bs acknowledge LaF now not same LaF who could not skate NHL level first yr + 3/4s; he shows productive chemistry on kid line and Rs happy to continue w/mo mins whole line; and projects never being a Jagr, but a solid Steve Vickers type.

All that said, LaF can be had if profitable in currency [quality youth w/foundation pieces upside], open market, must offer highest bid.

Now, as that relates here,
I remember something where
you kept Bouch but surrendered
Broberg, McLeod ++ for LaF +

Whether or not that is best offer for LaF [Flames, Sens say hi, even if Habs still trying bs move to get for nothing] remains to be seen.
Rather cryptic, sir.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
.... Rather cryptic, sir.
Not at all
You want to keep Bouch
You want value for McLeod, ideally, but are realistic given #s
A deal w/LaF + for Broberg, McLeod ++ could be win win + resolve cap

too busy to do this now
if you are impatient, my good man, feel free to dig it up
in this forum
a thread about Broberg

ps -- small sample size but got 1 like [from Oil fan], no objections

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Not at all
You want to keep Bouch

too busy to do this now
in this forum
a thread about Broberg

I understand now. Thank you for the input and I'll await a link. You are the second New York Rangers fan in this thread.

There was a Mcleod for Schneider proposal.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

The Oilers have enough to sign Bouchard and McLeod but little to no cap space if they do. The Oilers should be capable of running a 22 man roster unless Bouchard and McLeod sign for the maximum rumoured, then the Oilers might face the challenges of running a 21 man roster. The need is to fill out the roster while increasing potential cap space. Hopefully improving the team.

Any offer should include a cap savings measure. Retained salary. Involving a third team. Incorporating a cap dump in the transaction, with an additional cost to the Oilers or team trading for Bouchard or McLeod. If not the Oilers are better off signing Bouchard and McLeod.

The perfect offer includes a top 4 RD and a third-line center going to the Oilers. Players the Oilers would be losing with Bouchard and McLeod. The Oilers should be looking for any and all proven veterans they can fit under the cap. Teams looking for high end young players with further room to develop should look to add Bouchard or McLeod.

The Oilers can add additional picks, players or prospects to accomodate any transaction for either one or both of these players. But the idea is to improve the team, this is not a fire sale. I'm trying to find creative ways to improve the Oilers to push them over the hump, not take on other teams trash and bad contracts. If anything the Oilers will pay to move undesirable contracts in order to accomodate a transaction.

Try to be realistic. Bouchard and McLeod are good young trading chips coming off of successful entry level contracts. Bouchard in particular should be of great interest to any team. Any trade involving Bouchard must improve the Oilers immediately. The Oilers can throw in draft picks, prospects and players if it is possible to upgrade at either RD, third-line center or any position.

Feel free to offer up your opinion on the value of Bouchard and McLeod even if your team and the Oilers do not make good trading partners. If you can make a real offer without fulfilling the above stipulations, go ahead and make it. A deal either works or it doesn't. There will be no consensus and the input should be interesting.
why would the Oil trade 2 of their best younger/cheaper players?

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Not at all
You want to keep Bouch

too busy to do this now
in this forum
a thread about Broberg

Sorry but you haven’t priced in your obvious thirst for Broberg. You clearly yearn for him, desperate for him, you want him so bad that you go into a trade thread about any Oiler and put on full display how badly you want him. So fixated that you can’t even take into account the other teams cap situation in your quest to obtain your prize.

That fixation demands a premium.

Reactions: zar and ElPrimeTime

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
why would the Oil trade 2 of their best younger/cheaper players?
To better round out the team so they can compete with Vegas and Colorado in the Western Conference.

Sorry to the other powerhouse teams in the West but I believe those are the two to beat. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are other opinions to the lay of the land in the Western Conference.

As it stands I don't think the Oilers can defeat either to make it out of the West. The Oilers should be thinking Stanley Cup finals.

I believe the Oilers need a two-way puck moving right shot defenseman added to the top 4D and a pure shut down type center for the 3C slot.

Bouchard and McLeod are indeed good young players. Soon to be not so cheap players. I'm simply exploring options but not getting much of any offers at all. I'm sure some will come if the thread stays active.
Sorry but you haven’t priced in your obvious thirst for Broberg. You clearly yearn for him, desperate for him, you want him so bad that you go into a trade thread about any Oiler and put on full display how badly you want him. So fixated that you can’t even take into account the other teams cap situation in your quest to obtain your prize.

The Oilers can add Broberg to any transaction if that pleases you. The previous thread had his value pegged as a late first rounder to an early second rounder I believe. I can accept that. Also open to further evaluation.

I would be willing to sacrifice Broberg alone for some cap relief in a transaction involving more than two teams to make the money even out.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Sir, you shame yourself by contorting yourself to such a false narrative.

This thread was created by Oil fan
Other thread about value of Brob was also by Oil fan

I am very even about whether or not players get moved, and at what price, usually flexible about value but also typically rigid about currency returned.

It is to my credit that Brob caught my eye, and I see his upside, but he has not progressed fast enough to be where you suggest, a point that commands a premium.

Let's not embarrass ourselves next time, if we can.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

Nylander for both

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Tyson Barrie scored 55 points last season split between Edmonton and Nashville. Darnell Nurse, 43 points with no first unit power play time to speak of. Evan Bouchard had 40 points during the regular season. Played the majority of the season on the second unit power play then switched to the first unit after the trade deadline.

Those are the numbers and I cannot refute them.

Rather cryptic, sir.
Yes but Bouchard he's better in playoff than Barrie
Barrie is good but he cannot be better due to his age
Bouchard still young and he can be better
That's why he will not be traded
For Oilers fans Nurse contract hurt them with the cap.
That's why a bridge contract for Bouchard. Giving time to Cap to upgrade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad