Value of: your best offer for Evan Bouchard and Ryan McLeod (with a few stipulations)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Edmonton and SanJose are the only logical fit for EK and Nurse can play 3/4 minutes. It’s the only way SJ is getting positive assets back for EK.

I could see Edmonton Including their 2024 1st and Bourgault.

If I were SJ and Edmonton though go for broke.

To SJ. Nurse Campbell Bourgault 2024 1st with a conditional 2025 1st/2nd

To Edm. Erik Karlsson @ $8.5m

Condition on the 2025 1st round pick. Edmonton makes either the Stanley cup final or wins the Stanley Cup they receive the 1st for winning the cup and the 2nd if they make the cup finals.

This deal only provides Edmonton 5M in todays dollars as the cap savings are 100% Campbell. The difference between EK @ 8.5 and Nurse at 9.25 will pay the full salary of Calvin Pickard to play backup behind Skinner.

This is the absolute best possible outcome for Edmonton.

You get EK to play with Edmonton right now who ideally helps McDavid and Company literally hammer both of Gretzkys goals and points totals.

I could see McDavid pushing 220-240 points with EK and Bouchard at the back.

The only negative here the only capital they are going to have to upgrade is 2/3rd round picks.

Edmonton could highly utilize either of Backlund or Zadorov from the Flames which could probably be had for 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I’m not joking you go all in now or McDavid has no reasons to re-sign in 2 years. Yes I’m saying 2 years not 3 because if he’s not re-signed with 1 year left he’s freaking gone as a UFA.

Is this bernmeisters alt account with emotion or something?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We can't be trading off young players like him.

Regardless of how some fans think we should go all-in I don't think we should. That means trading off all young assets for more established players. I guess at the heart of it a lot of our own fans think one or both of McDavid or Drai will leave in a few years so just get a cup at all costs in this frame as our only window

I don't think this way and i don't think any GM and especially owner would, maybe unless both superstars have said they aren't staying (which would have leaked if they did)

Keeping McDavid and Draisaitl doesn't just come from getting more success here. It equally comes from having a good outlook for the future. The Oilers cannot truly go all-in. We need to keep a decent crop of young players going all the time

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
We don't win a Bouch trade. I get no player is untouchable and I'd never say no to an overpay. But it would have to be a massive overpay.

Bouch is part of win now mode. He needs to stay.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Edmonton and SanJose are the only logical fit for EK and Nurse can play 3/4 minutes. It’s the only way SJ is getting positive assets back for EK...
The way i see it is: Edmonton is paying Nurse insane money for a long time, and that's their bet. They can't go and make another bet with another expensive d-man especially when having the best player in the world and one that is in the top5.

2 great forwards and 2 good (some could say overpaid) defenders will not get the job done.

What they should do is get rid of Nurse, but since no one is taking that contract, try to support him and their star forwards the best they can. Going for Karlsson would be the worst f***ing idea ever for Oilers IMO.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
The way i see it is: Edmonton is paying Nurse insane money for a long time, and that's their bet. They can't go and make another bet with another expensive d-man especially when having the best player in the world and one that is in the top5.

2 great forwards and 2 good (some could say overpaid) defenders will not get the job done.

What they should do is get rid of Nurse, but since no one is taking that contract, try to support him and their star forwards the best they can. Going for Karlsson would be the worst f***ing idea ever for Oilers IMO.
It makes far more sense to dump other contracts and find a decent partner for Nurse than it does to offload a metric shit ton of assets to get out from his contract and not only have to still find a decent partner for the top pair, but then also try to replace Nurse with hardly any valuable assets left.

Bumping Ekholm to the top pair just means Kulak becomes the #3, and that just sets the team back again.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
It makes far more sense to dump other contracts and find a decent partner for Nurse than it does to offload a metric shit ton of assets to get out from his contract and not only have to still find a decent partner for the top pair, but then also try to replace Nurse with hardly any valuable assets left.

Bumping Ekholm to the top pair just means Kulak becomes the #3, and that just sets the team back again.
Oilers need depth, not another very highly paid defender to support Nurse. If you pay 40million for McDavid Draisaitl Nurse and Karlsson, how can you possibly build a cup winning team around that?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Oilers need depth, not another very highly paid defender to support Nurse. If you pay 40million for McDavid Draisaitl Nurse and Karlsson, how can you possibly build a cup winning team around that?
They don't need Erik Karlsson is what I'm saying. They need to take Ceci's 3.25 and upgrade on him by shedding a guy like Foegele or Kulak and their 2.75.

Thats 6mil right there.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Kulak is already the #3, and soon to be #4 if Broberg has anything to say about it.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Kulak is already the #3, and soon to be #4 if Broberg has anything to say about it.
I dunno.

If the pairings are Nurse/Ceci Ekholm/Bouchard and Kulak/VD, I'd consider Ekholm or ceci to be #3 and Kulak to be the #5

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So the mission is to find cheaper, better and probably younger versions of McLeod and Bouchard…

Reactions: iCanada

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really get this. I think the Oilers move heaven and earth to make room to keep Bouchard if it comes down to that.

And with McLeod it's like...why? He's not going to be expensive. He's exactly the sort of cheap, effective depth the Oilers desperately need to staff the rest of their roster outside Darnell Nurse and his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad