Proposal: Yakupov/Pouliot for a C

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Ideally don't want to trade either player, but our lineup is starting to roundout and many fans (including myself) prefer to play Draisaitl top6 minutes.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Yak/Pou - #3C - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - LW
Yak - RW but can play LW, needs to ply with top6 players to be successful.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Been mentioned a couple times here and I think agreed on by both parties. Something around Eakin for Yak

We get a Russian buddy for Nuke, you get a 3C who has a year of 2C under his belt. On top of that I would be surprised if Eakin wasn't available because I think Lindy likes Faksa more as a 3C and either Faksa or Eakin as 4C is kinda a waste

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
This screams Lars Eller (before he was dealt to Washington of course)

Hard defensive matchups off of McDavid & RNH.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

if they get a 3C it's to help Yak while Pulju is in the minors

don't trade their depth

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Been mentioned a couple times here and I think agreed on by both parties. Something around Eakin for Yak

We get a Russian buddy for Nuke, you get a 3C who has a year of 2C under his belt. On top of that I would be surprised if Eakin wasn't available because I think Lindy likes Faksa more as a 3C and either Faksa or Eakin as 4C is kinda a waste

Where do I sign? Eakin would be a great addition for us.

Girgensons for Yakupov and Pouliot? We could use some 3rd line depth on the wing..

That doesn't make much sense for us unless it's to open up cap for an incoming top 4 defenseman.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Ideally don't want to trade either player, but our lineup is starting to roundout and many fans (including myself) prefer to play Draisaitl top6 minutes.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Yak/Pou - #3C - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - LW
Yak - RW but can play LW, needs to ply with top6 players to be successful.

I personally like

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Draisaitl-Yakupov

... much more.

One of the many things Oilers need to even get a sniff is scoring depth.

The 1st line is the 1st line; they'll probably get the best defencemen of the opponents.

The 2nd line would be the shut down line with offence (hopefully).

The 3rd line would be the soft minutes line getting the best ratio of offensive to defensive zone starts and the weaker competition.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
What would TB fans say on a Filpulla for Yak swap? Either would have to retain or add a pick looking at his contract.
2 years left at 5 million, contract up when McDavids begins so not too bad.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What would TB fans say on a Filpulla for Yak swap? Either would have to retain or add a pick looking at his contract.
2 years left at 5 million, contract up when McDavids begins so not too bad.

So who are you planning on losing in the expansion draft because we have to honor Filpulla's NMC?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I can't think of a better use of an asset like Bozak than moving him on a gamble like Yak. Throw him to Babs and see if he can carve out a niche role next to one of the Leafs exciting young centers. Could look really smart in a couple years.

Bozak is an ace faceoff man and is responsible at both ends, while being able to move up the lineup. The Leafs would probably split the open center position between Holland and Nylander until Nylander takes the spot full time.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So who are you planning on losing in the expansion draft because we have to honor Filpulla's NMC?

F-Lucic, Nuge, Eberle, Draisaitl, Pouliot, Maroon, Filppula
D-Sekera, Klefbom, Larsson
G-Talbot

Would lose Davidson/Reinhart/Fayne/Letestu. I'm personally in favor of keeping Yak because I believe he'll rebound, but the Yak for Filppula swap is one of the ones I like the most.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Lol. Are you a used car salesman?

How'd you know? And sorry about not a lot of posts, new account, my email got hacked so I can't get my old one back, he's a vet though, can keep the kids intact and be a great role model for them, but we can make a bigger trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad