Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
How Rob Blake is still employed is beyond me. All of these assets gone:
Vilardi
Iafallo
Kupari
Faber
Durzi

All to fit Fiala and one shit season of PLD under the cap and onto the roster. Missing a few details im sure. Crazy.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not going to defend pld because he has sucked but why does it matter to wash? At all? 8.5 mill during the dark times. At least the old goalie that’s lost it is gone. Carlson, ovi, oshie coming off the books shortly. The cap hit is a nothing thing. Be interesting to see if I can hate this guy more then mantha tho.

Kings are going to look very bad if Dubois plays #1C (20 min/game) and puts up 80 pts with Ovi.

On the other hand, Caps might look bad if Dubois continues his up/down play and doesn't show up game/game.

Which one would you bet on? I can see more of a rollercoaster ride

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Big risk for Washington, dont they play a defense first style similar to the Kings, not sure how well Dubois will do there.
Also how does Blake still have a job after this debacle.

Possibly controversial opinion. All bad teams should play all offense to give their fans something to enjoy and pump up their forwards trade value, rather than playing defensively to try and finish 21st instead of 24th.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He will be better than what he was on LA because he's going to play 20 min's a game instead of 15.

Why is there not much talk about how the Kings managed usage with him? They traded for a center when their center depth was good, signed him to $8.5M but then played him 15 min a game in a 3C role. Just weird. And no, don't try to say he deserved it. That's not how you manage someone you just gave a 8x $8.5M contract and has a history of fading when he don't play with talent.

Not trying to defend Dubois the full amount. He deserves some heat yes. But man, this popular bandwagon hate party towards Dubois was out of control when it was also mixed in with ignorance. Not much thought process into the context
usage doesn't matter when you play as bad of hockey as he did man. like, i watched every game. he's AWFUL. floater of the highest degree, not even a flash of skill

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Washington can still trade PLD at 50% off for picks
Not before the new NHL year (July 1), as all three of their retention slots are currently occupied. This takes a trade at the draft off the table. Even more relevant is the fact he has 7 years remaining, and there's no way Washington is going to eat 7 years of dead cap hit.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
This is a really good move by Blake, but it's a cherry on top of a shit sundae that he made. It's a joke that Blake was allowed to make this move in the first place, he should have been fired

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Kings are going to look very bad if Dubois plays #1C (20 min/game) and puts up 80 pts with Ovi.

On the other hand, Caps might look bad if Dubois continues his up/down play and doesn't show up game/game.

Which one would you bet on? I can see more of a rollercoaster ride
I agree about pld more then likely sucking as he is what he is but the caps are going into the sucking the next 7 seasons. Whether this guy becomes the man or continues his ways , he won’t be relevant to the next time the caps are any type of contender. At least he’s under 30

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So many thoughts

Do they have a Nobu Malibu in Washington? How can Prefers Lifestyle Dubious possibly be happy there?

Will Pierre Luc Dubious’s new LA nickname “PL” still be in effect in Washington? Caps fans will need that acronym to eventually shit on him.

Congrats to LA. That fanbase has earned this trade.

LOL @ PL. Premadonna Punk keeps trying to find a City suitable for him to play hockey in, but the lifestyle cities don’t even want him.

Will miss him in the Pacific division. And as a player the Oilers could have clowned on for years to come.

Kuemper sucks. But PLD is a franchise killing black cloud that has to go.

Good luck to Washington in trying to save his lazy ass.

Reactions: shuchukfan

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Backstrom is done, Oshie is taking the year off. They must be planning on playing McMichael and Lapierre on the wing.

McMichael - Strome - Milano
Lapierre - Dubois - Wilson
Ovechkin - Protas - Miroshnichenko
Malenstyn - Dowd - Sutter?

Reactions: MileHighCapsFan

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
4B07945D-0884-45AF-BEF4-509CE360AC3D.jpeg

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
I’ve never disliked a player more. I had no hope for him after this season. I didn’t see anything all year, not even a glimpse, to tell me he was going to turn this thing around during the rest of his deal. Glad he’s gone, but also feel for Caps fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad