Proposal: Wpg - mtl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Perreault gets protected.

Dano will most likely be left exposed along with Armia, Lowry, Burmistrov, Matthias.

Also who cares if Copp is left exposed or exempt. He's barely a 4th liner as is.

What are the expansion rules believed to be at this point?

I've done some juggling on this before and was fairly certain I'd made it work with keeping dano

I keep Buf Engstrom and Trouba on D.

On forward I keep Scheif, Wheeler, little, Perrault, Dano

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
Ya, I know. Getting rid of a D man that is spiraling downward fast and has to be protected for a 23 year old LHD that has nothing but upside is a bad trade. I'd trade Enstrom for Beaulieu in a heartbeat.

Exactly, If I'm the Jets and getting offered Beaulieu for Enstrom, I take it and run. Enstrom was a 50pts PMD 4 years ago but is now a smallish defender on the downside of his career costing 5.5M per year.

Seriously, given what Emelin brings on the physical side, I don't even think I'm trading him 1 for 1 for Enstrom, so a big no for Beaulieu who is at this point a superior PMD to Enstrom and much younger.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Isn't 7-3 still an option?

That's easy. Scheifele little wheeler, ehlers, Perrault, dano, +1 of some player that barely even matters (petan, armia, burmi, copp, Lowry, etc)

Three D, Buf, Engstrom, Trouba.

In that scenario it doesn't matter who we expose at forward because Meyers is almost guaranteed to be the pick.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

That's easy. Scheifele little wheeler, ehlers, Perrault, dano, +1 of some player that barely even matters (petan, armia, burmi, copp, Lowry, etc)

In that scenario it doesn't matter who we expose at forward because Meyers is almost guaranteed to be the pick.

I'd way rather lose Dano than Meyers. He just seems way more replaceable. Unless Morissey has a huge year that is. But even if he does, having a great D corps is more important then who plays 3RW, especially when there are many good candidates for that spot.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

I like Dano, but I'd still much rather protect Myers.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Not me. Dano's underlying stats had him as a solid second liner.

Meyers is a middling middle pair D.

I'm probably unfairly down in Meyers but I don't actually think of him being too hard to replace.

Are number 4 dmen harder tk find then top six forwards?

Then you compare age/upside/etc

I still think id rather expose Meyers but that's because I'm expecting a solid top six worthy season from dano.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Yeah I see your point, but if we lose Myers we don't have any other top 4 d (except maybe Morrissey, who should really be expected more to be the eventual Enstrom replacement). There werent exactly lots of top 4 d available this year, they aren't the easiest to obtain.

But if the Jets lost Dano, their top 6 is intact (Laine, Connor, Wheeler, Ehlers), and they have tons of young guys that could play on the third line.

Anyways it'll all depend on the season, maybe Myers doesn't recover well from surgery, maybe Dano shows up out of shape etc....

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Out of those three you would without question protect Lowry, Armia and Dano. So you can basically say that you lose Enstrom and Matthias/Burmistrov, but you gain Emelin and one of Lowry/Armia/Dano. I wouldn't call this a bad idea honestly.

This is kind of what I was thinking. Also looking at the player for player trade in a vacuum, Winnipeg saves money and Emelin is younger.

If it was Beaulieu for Enstrom, I agree with some earlier posters that 1) Winnipeg takes it and runs and 2) Winnipeg would have to add something. It would have to be Enstrom and a forward prospect, maybe Copp or J.C. Lipon?

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Haha the basis for this trade for the Jets is seemingly "shoot yourselves in the foot now to empty the gun so you don't accidentally shoot yourself in the foot later"

Emelin isn't even half as good as Enstrom. The Jets can afford to lose a depth forward.

Completely agree. Everyone will lose a player in the expansion draft. For us it's looking like a depth forward at this point. We are fortunate that our team is so young. Absolutely 0 interest in Emelin for Enstrom, that's just horrid. Massive pass from this Jets fan.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This is kind of what I was thinking. Also looking at the player for player trade in a vacuum, Winnipeg saves money and Emelin is younger.

If it was Beaulieu for Enstrom, I agree with some earlier posters that 1) Winnipeg takes it and runs and 2) Winnipeg would have to add something. It would have to be Enstrom and a forward prospect, maybe Copp or J.C. Lipon?

As you've seen there is absolutely zero interest in Emelin from the Jets fan base, we know what he is and don't want him. Zero interest in this trade.

Beaulieu might present some small interest from the Jets, but not huge so any plus wouldn't be large or we would just pass. This is a huge assumption that Toby would waive to go to the Habs....not so sure he would for multi reasons. Mild interest in a possible trade depending on cost.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Personally I think 7 + 3 is the way to go as well. The 6 f you have listed would be great to protect plus the better of armia/Lowry. Enstrom I'm fine with exposing if there's a way or trading (losing Myers for nothing is not an option)

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Not me. Dano's underlying stats had him as a solid second liner.

Meyers is a middling middle pair D.

I'm probably unfairly down in Meyers but I don't actually think of him being too hard to replace.

Are number 4 dmen harder tk find then top six forwards?

Then you compare age/upside/etc

I still think id rather expose Meyers but that's because I'm expecting a solid top six worthy season from dano.

Given our depth with prospects at F I'm very much more inclined to expose a F than a D. Even if Myers is only our #4 D, you don't give that away when we have so little depth at D

As for finding a top 4 dman being easier than finding a top 6 F - disagree there too.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
There are things called trades.

You do your homework. If Meyers is worth more to GM's you hold onto him and expose dano.

If danos worth more you do the opposite.

To me dano is worth more

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

You do your homework. If Meyers is worth more to GM's you hold onto him and expose dano.

To me dano is worth more

It's interesting that you would tell someone to 'do their homework' when you have spelt Myers name wrong at least 5 times throughout this thread

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax

To me dano is worth more

I think you're undervaluing Myers here. I think Myers holds much more significant value than Dano at this time, unless Myers regresses and Dano has a break out year. From my point of view, looking at the pipeline, Dano is much easier to replace than Myers. One is also a top 4 D, the other a top 9 FWD who may start out on the Moose this year...

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Myers ain't getting exposed, classic HF when I read this randomly on Jets player management topics. We're lucky to have him and he's good.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL

To me dano is worth more

The Hall trade, to me, shows how there's a league-wide lack of legit top-4 D. Plenty of teams don't have 4 and there's often a sharp drop off to the bottom pairing. From the 60th best D to the 120th best D is a massive drop in talent. The same can't be said about wingers at all. There's no way Dano is worth more, either to another team or to the Jets, who have tons of forward prospects and (again) a sharp drop off in quality after the top-4 D.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
It's interesting that you would tell someone to 'do their homework' when you have spelt Myers name wrong at least 5 times throughout this thread

I meant you as in "the gm"

I'm sorry if my spelling mistake made it difficult for you to follow the topic and discussion. I can only assume this to be the case as otherwise I don't know why you'd bring it up?

I think Meyers is an OK fourth dman. I also expect Dano to be a second line caliber winger by years end.

If that doesn't happen then sure, expose him.

Fortunately we can wait till then to make the decision.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I also don't interpret one bad trade to be indicative of anything at all.

There must have been a glut of 22 year old second pairing dmen available the other year when Hamilton was traded for a pittance then no?

Or an excessive amount of young flashy forward prospects when forsberg was shipped off for erat?

Sorry, don't buy it.

If dano starts on the moose our management is absolutely terrible at roster selection. He is better by far then at least five of our likely bottom six and likely better then someone in the top six (if Stafford ends up there)

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I meant you as in "the gm"

I'm sorry if my spelling mistake made it difficult for you to follow the topic and discussion. I can only assume this to be the case as otherwise I don't know why you'd bring it up?

I think Meyers is an OK fourth dman. I also expect Dano to be a second line caliber winger by years end.

If that doesn't happen then sure, expose him.

Fortunately we can wait till then to make the decision.

There might even be a possibility to protect Dano by trading assets to Las Vegas. You know, those assets at forward which a) we have way too much of, and b) which LV would surely need a lot. But unless one of our top guys falls apart completely or someone else totally breaks out, we are much better off keeping Myers. Our prospect pool has nothing that comes even close to replacing him. At forward, we are stacked.

But yeah, time is not our enemy for now.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Completely agree. Everyone will lose a player in the expansion draft. For us it's looking like a depth forward at this point. We are fortunate that our team is so young. Absolutely 0 interest in Emelin for Enstrom, that's just horrid. Massive pass from this Jets fan.

I think the issue here is that Lowry and Dano are pretty awesome depth players, and to some fans may not be worth losing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad