Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Andrew Copp re-signs with Jets (1 year, $3.64M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Wow the Jets are in cap hell!!!! or whatever was being said in the arbitration thread....

Villert

Dec 29, 2009
Wow the Jets are in cap hell!!!! or whatever was being said in the arbitration thread....
We definitely aren't in cap hell. We're managing to the cap but we don't have a lot of ugly contracts save for morrisey which hopefully we'll see a rebound in form now that he'll have an actual defense partner. Nothing wrong here and Chevy been doing really well.

Unless this was tongue in cheek. In which case, well done.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
We definitely aren't in cap hell. We're managing to the cap but we don't have a lot of ugly contracts save for morrisey which hopefully we'll see a rebound in form now that he'll have an actual defense partner. Nothing wrong here and Chevy been doing really well.

Oh no, I agree, I was parodying the type of posts I was reading in the other thread. I think Chevy has done a nice job this offseason.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Wow, 5 x 5 would have been great, but impossible, if you overpay every D.
Copp sets himself up for a great deal next year.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
LOL! I called this yesterday 10:20pm.

If Copp resigns for a price the Jets cap can afford it will be a one year deal where both parties agree that he is all in for this year and the Jets will view him as a home developed rental.

Copp either is traded or he signs a 1 year deal for less money then he can get in the open market where the Jets assure him he will not be traded mid season and take one more stab for a cup run with the Jets. Copp gets his last chance with the only NHL team he has ever known for a cup run and the Jet view Copp as a rental that is gone to free agency next season so they get nothing for him and give up on him being a long term asset for the team.

If Copp does this which I doubt I would have no issue with this.

The Jets can not afford a long term deal for Copp at a price that Copp deserves.

The Jets are a better team with Copp in the lineup then without him.

So the compromise would be that Copp signs a team friendly 1 year deal and the Jets treat him as a rental.

Confirmed with Link: - Neal Pionk - four-year extension, AAV of $5.875 million | Page 8 | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League (mandatory.com)

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
solid & versatile top-9 player. doesn't really have a top-6er skillset, but he produced strongly, and the top-6 lines improved when he was placed in that role. if you're substance over style, Copp fits that bill.

i don't expect him to shoot 26% on the PP again or be one of the among league-leaders in goal-scoring efficiency on the PP (goals per toi) though which was basically why he reached career-highs in total goals & points last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Well, don't buy a Copp sweater. He's gone - either at the trade deadline or before. Can't see us keeping him longer than that and letting him walk to UFA status. Even if we have a chance heading into the playoffs, he could likely bring back a better rental.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Well, don't buy a Copp sweater. He's gone - either at the trade deadline or before. Can't see us keeping him longer than that and letting him walk to UFA status. Even if we have a chance heading into the playoffs, he could likely bring back a better rental.

Jets and Avs are going 7 games for the division title. Jets will keep Copp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad