Confirmed with Link: WPG acquiring Nino Niederreiter from NASH for a 24 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Yep, rest of tournament assuming Canada makes the semi-finals and finals (gold or bronze games). Otherwise he'll have 1-2 games tolled for the next IIHF sanctioned tournament he gets invited to.
It should've been long enough that he'd sit out an entire group stage at another tournament in my opinion. It would've made it difficult to justify giving a suspended player a roster spot for half a tournament.
That was one of the dirtiest moves I've ever seen. If I'm Team Canada management, I'm sending him home....yesterday.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Has Veleno made a comment about it? Always curious to see what a player has to say for themselves after an incident like that.

Best thing he can do is stay silent until he can come up with some statement with his agent.

Reactions: macmaroon

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Best thing he can do is stay silent until he can come up with some statement with his agent.
I'd respect him a lot more if he just came out and said "I f***ed up. That was awful and stupid." but yeah, very likely he doesn't say anything or waits for the tailored statement of him half apologizing but not actually taking any responsibility.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Seems like things aren't as bad with the org as we may think.

I think there is absolutely no doubt that this org treats their players very well - but maybe you're referring to something else that we thought was bad???

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think there is absolutely no doubt that this org treats their players very well - but maybe you're referring to something else that we thought was bad???

My point was that if the org was half as dysfunctional as most on here think it is you don't get players going out and advocating on behalf of the team.

The whole lack of push back conversation is another issue.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
My point was that if the org was half as dysfunctional as most on here think it is you don't get players going out and advocating on behalf of the team.

The whole lack of push back conversation is another issue.
From a players perspective, I highly doubt they feel there is anything dysfunctional about the org - they get what they want and they are pampered.
A players dream.
Some fans, OTOH, may see this behavior as dysfunctional

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
From a players perspective, I highly doubt they feel there is anything dysfunctional about the org - they get what they want and they are pampered.
A players dream.
Some fans, OTOH, may see this behavior as dysfunctional

I think players are pampered in all markets. Malkin had to consoled for days by Crosby and his coach to get over feelings of being slighted and sign the contract this past summer.

The markets they are treated sub standard like Arizona they have greiviences lobied galore by the PA against them.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm contemplating how solid a team the Jets must have been if they could play lazy and uninspired hockey down the stretch and still be 7th in the NHL in expected goals share (5v5) in the last 30+ games.

I know this will be a contrarian take, but I'm not sure there isn't overreaction to the playoff loss to Vegas. The Jets were missing their top W, and their top D (by a long way) and top C got injured, and they had the 2nd best goalie. Watching Vegas easily handle the Oilers and Stars in the playoffs suggests they are a pretty strong opponent. After all they finished with >110 points without Stone for half the season and Eichel out for 15.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm contemplating how solid a team the Jets must have been if they could play lazy and uninspired hockey down the stretch and still be 7th in the NHL in expected goals share (5v5) in the last 30+ games.

I know this will be a contrarian take, but I'm not sure there isn't overreaction to the playoff loss to Vegas. The Jets were missing their top W, and their top D (by a long way) and top C got injured, and they had the 2nd best goalie. Watching Vegas easily handle the Oilers and Stars in the playoffs suggests they are a pretty strong opponent. After all they finished with >110 points without Stone for half the season and Eichel out for 15.
I don't think you're wrong about that, I've had similar thoughts watching Vegas waltz to the finals.

Clock is ticking on these contracts unfortunately and that may have been their last shot

Reactions: AlaskaJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad