Confirmed with Link: WPG acquiring Nino Niederreiter from NASH for a 24 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I wonder if one of the reasons why we got Nino for only a 2nd was the Preds GM trying to do good for one of his players by moving him to a contender and we were actually one of his preferred teams to go to?

e33b96a7-5fae-47c1-b4c7-60cce9a2818f_text.gif

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
making perfect sense. Would like to see an upgrade on Samberg.
ELC has nothing to do with anything.
Why would you want perfetti out of the line up? that makes no sense.
Exactly… Samberg makes too many poor decisions for a decent playoff run, and he adds no toughness or offense.

With Perfetti out and Nino in, I don’t think we’ve improved enough at forward. I would like to see one more physical bottom six forward and a solid d-man before we’re done. If this is Chevy’s only move it won’t add to much in these playoffs.

Reactions: jokesondee

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So who moves down when Cole returns? Perfetti? Wheeler?
That's a tougher one, Perfetti basically won't be back until the playoffs and the playoffs are a different animal than regular season. Right now i would say Perfetti but it's good to have the choice.

Reactions: GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Its going tough for Cole to get back in for the playoffs. He is smaller rookie, coming off a big injury and 2 months off during the intensity of the playoffs. I think Cole will be eased back in very gently. Both Wheeler and Nino are big vets who have been in battle before.

It will also depend on our health situation. Hopefully the team is fully healthy but that isn't a given.

I imagine if he's good to go they will want him to get playoff experience do he'll be inserted in some capacity.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It will also depend on our health situation. Hopefully the team is fully healthy but that isn't a given.

I imagine if he's good to go they will want him to get playoff experience do he'll be inserted in some capacity.
I think Cole's integration back in will also be somewhat dependent on who we are playing.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Exactly… Samberg makes too many poor decisions for a decent playoff run, and he adds no toughness or offense.

With Perfetti out and Nino in, I don’t think we’ve improved enough at forward. I would like to see one more physical bottom six forward and a solid d-man before we’re done. If this is Chevy’s only move it won’t add to much in these playoffs.
This getting real old with Samberg. Early in his rookie season, he was prone to some bad giveaways but he has pretty much eliminated those from his game by the 3/4 mark. His underlying numbers are fantastic. He is 1st among Jets defenseman in CF% at 54.71%, 1st among Jets defenseman in xGF% at 55.79% and 1st among Jets defenseman in HDCF% at 58.58%. In truth these are remarkable numbers for a rookie defenseman. Even if Chevy picked up a defenseman it shouldn't be Samberg that comes out.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
On the planet that they need to make room for Meier. Honestly it's a shot in the dark, just a fun guess that I get to beat my chest about if it ends up happening :P
Theyll just add another pick for salary retention... meier gonna be a knight anyway

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This getting real old with Samberg. Early in his rookie season, he was prone to some bad giveaways but he has pretty much eliminated those from his game by the 3/4 mark. His underlying numbers are fantastic. He is 1st among Jets defenseman in CF% at 54.71%, 1st among Jets defenseman in xGF% at 55.79% and 1st among Jets defenseman in HDCF% at 58.58%. In truth these are remarkable numbers for a rookie defenseman. Even if Chevy picked up a defenseman it shouldn't be Samberg that comes out.
And the real mystery is why he has been taken out of the line up in favour of Stanley recently.
Samberg has been good.
Will be really interesting to see how the group reacts to this trade today.
Wonder how the energy will be.
Probably 1 more domino to fall.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
And the real mystery is why he has been taken out of the line up in favour of Stanley recently.
Samberg has been good.
He was taken out because they wanted to get Stan in for a few reps - Bones has mentioned this a number of times.
Northing wrong with dropping him in for a game or two - especially on a B2B where he was brought in - and we actually won that game.
Stan has played 12 games this year - and he is our PO depth (w/PO experience).

As noted by another poster, we are likely looking to add D depth - we don't have much.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Samberg has been good.

My guesses:

1) Playoff readiness, since Stanley hasn't played much, and I'd expect Capo to also get into the lineup again before the POs start; and

2) A last chance to either prop Stan up for a trade or for Chevy/ org to see where he's at while they decide just how "invested" in Big Logan they still are.

Samberg has had a very strong true rookie season -- he is already a proto-DeMelo on the left side, with positive D impacts and minimal offence, has made Stanley expendable IMO and should be a lock in the top 4/6 going forward.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I love the trade. Great value for a 1.5 years of the player who appears to produce as a middle-6 type. Good job Chevy.

With that said, we needed help even before Perfetti was injured. Since Neidereitter will be replacing Cole for the rest of the season, the Jets are going to need to go out and get at least one more third liner to have a chance at winning a round in the playoffs or gulp possibly even make the playoffs.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I love the trade. Great value for a 1.5 years of the player who appears to produce as a middle-6 type. Good job Chevy.

With that said, we needed help even before Perfetti was injured. Since Neidereitter will be replacing Cole for the rest of the season, the Jets are going to need to go out and get at least one more third liner to have a chance at winning a round in the playoffs or gulp possibly even make the playoffs.
yes, we need a couple more middle six guys and our top6 to wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad