Confirmed with Link: WPG acquiring Nino Niederreiter from NASH for a 24 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
making perfect sense. Would like to see an upgrade on Samberg.
ELC has nothing to do with anything.
Why would you want perfetti out of the line up? that makes no sense.
It's called sarcasm.
Samberg is not the issue with our D.
A certain 6million dollar guy who has floundered for most of the season has caused a lot more damage than the rookie.

The trade market for D is crap this year.
We'd have to over pay to bring in a guy no better than what we already have.
How does that help?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
1 more low cost move for a depth forward and then its up to the team
This is what I figure as well -- like 1 or 2 depth players, would just about close out activity on the Jets trading front. Great deal on Nino, Chevy pulled off, and I would have thought Nashville could have got a better return ? but great deal for the Jets, and the type of player they need. Well done Chevy :clap:

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
How long have I been crying for scoring winger depth? Literally all season. Seriously, it took this long to address it. Yes, I know circumstances like trying to make the playoffs factored in for the selling team, but man. This long with such poor depth.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How long have I been crying for scoring winger depth? Literally all season. Seriously, it took this long to address it. Yes, I know circumstances like trying to make the playoffs factored in for the selling team, but man. This long with such poor depth.
This replaces perfetti whose regular season is done. Our bottom 6 still needs work

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We really didn't need it until the last couple of months. This deal would not have been possible until now.

Besides, it makes sense to wait and see if the players you have can do it, and what you need closer to the playoffs.

Our bottom 6 were scoring at a much higher rate earlier. What if we picked up scoring depth when you wanted it, got pushed right up against the cap and then 2 of our d went down? Then we'd have a much harder time trying to address that.

Chevy is doing it right, in my mind. What the fans want and what's most logical for the team to do are often 2 different things.

Roster management is a game of chess, it takes patience and thinking several steps ahead.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
His 18 goals so far this season puts him 4th on the Jets, to me he's in our top 6 easy. At least until Chevy gets his next 30 goal scorer from the bargain bin .:naughty:
I'd agree -
He's top six on this team and not just based on his scoring - his 200 ft game, along with a gritty edge, is something they absolutely needed .
This is a very good add - and a very safe one for Chevy as this player makes us better for a couple of years regardless of TY's potential PO run.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The only thing we need to keep in mind is that Nino has hot and cold streaks when it comes to scoring, and the cold streaks seems to happen often in the playoffs.

I'm imagining what this place will look like should that happen this year :laugh:

All in all, I still like the trade, as our drafting record with 2nds hasn't been very good, so even if the above does happen, I'm not going to complain.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The only thing we need to keep in mind is that Nino has hot and cold streaks when it comes to scoring, and the cold streaks seems to happen often in the playoffs.

I'm imagining what this place will look like should that happen this year :laugh:

All in all, I still like the trade, as our drafting record with 2nds hasn't been very good, so even if the above does happen, I'm not going to complain.
On the flip side out current bottom 6 only has cold streaks.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's interesting that this player (according to some of the Nashville fan comments), was not even part of their "core" - but he was their number 2 scorer.
The more I look at this, the more I like it -

This is exhibit A of the sneaky type of moves for undervalued good players that I wanted Chevy to make.

Go out and get one more of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad