U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
TSN has very limited content in the summer since they don't have significant MLB rights (Sportsnet has all Jays games) and there is only exhibition soccer and MLS. Their main draw is the CFL which very few people outside of Western Canada care about.

Every game is getting aired live, except the last Finland vs Sweden game, which will be delayed by 2 hours (but will probably be on TSN go). The exceptions to this are the half-team games.

In short, I doubt its commissioned, TSN is just desperate for content, in the last 3 weeks I've seen them pick up the Amazing Race and air Cool Runnings.
There are 4 games listed, US and Canada games on Thurs and Friday.
https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada (see lower right corner for 'Hockey Canada on TSN').

AlexanderTheGood

Forgive me, but what blog? If you write one and you're writing scouting reports I'd love the link. Also, if you don't mind, if you could report on Aleksi Anttalainen that would be cool :)

Sounds good! The blog can be found here:

The Long and Sport of It

Just doing game reports for this tournament and then will continue throughout the year if there's enough demand. Ill put Anttalainen on the shortlist, but will only be attending CAN Red and USA White tonight.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Sounds good! The blog can be found here:

The Long and Sport of It

Just doing game reports for this tournament and then will continue throughout the year if there's enough demand. Ill put Anttalainen on the shortlist, but will only be attending CAN Red and USA White tonight.
Awesome write-up, thanks for doing these. Any chance you could add Noah Dobson, Ty Smith, and Quinn Hughes to your shortlist? For 2019 draft eligibles I'm interested to see how Lavoie stacks up against an older age group.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Good stuff!! will be looking forward to more of your reports especially with Canada getting on the go tonight. Hearing better things about Rasmussens game so a report on him would be nice, and Dipietro too.
Im interested to see him tonight. During the practice sessions he was incredibly lazy. Hope he ramps it up for these games.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Im interested to see him tonight. During the practice sessions he was incredibly lazy. Hope he ramps it up for these games.
Lazy, a word i never like hearing when talking about a prospect. If you can be lazy at an event like this what does that say about the player?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Does anyone know if there is a stream for tonight's games of Canada vs USA?

I know TSN doesn't broadcast for a few days yet.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
if anyone can make a report of the canada white part against usa it would be greatly appreciated

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Seems like such a fun game, boooo

DjfIBFhV4AEXwVh.jpg:large

AlexanderTheGood

I was in Kamloops again tonight and had the chance to take in the United States White vs. Canada Red game. And what a great game it was! Very competitive and more of a nail biter than the score would suggest. In the end, the Hughes brothers stole the show once again. Find more scouting reports from the game below:

July 31, 2018 - United States White U20 vs. Canada Red U20 (World Junior Summer Showcase Exhibition Game)

I also thought Cole Coskey, Matt Anderson, Jack Drury and Joel Farabee had great games. Ivan Lodnia had another strong and productive performance but didn't dominate like the others. On the Canadian side, Noah Dobson was very good and Ian Mitchell was a consistent force in the offensive zone and had a ton of chances. Liam Foudy really grew on me and finished the game as one of my favorite players.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelittlecoon

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
didn't watch any of the split squad CAN v USA games, but both sound like they were dandies. If middle of the summer exhibition games between these 2 teams are that good, it sort of reinforces my position that CAN v USA is really the only international hockey worth getting out of bed for. Hopefully I'll get a chance to tune in to a CAN v USA game later in the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad