U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
U.S.A blue knotted up with Sweden 1-1 in the 3rd, shots 27 to 23 for tre Kroner and 12 mins in penalties to U.S blue and 8 to Sweden.

geez, i wish i could be there for these games, so close yet so far.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
USA White - Finland lineups

DjZWhqQU8AAy8HH.jpg

Reactions: Shmookpup

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finland first line has 2 gems in Kupari and Kakko though im not biggest fan of Nyman
Second line has fan favourite Talvitie and Klemetti was decent in Czech matches. You couldnt find worse 2C than Seppälä though
3rd and 4th line are just horrible
On defence Honka is good and Laaksonen Utunen are decent
Big game for Lehtinen in net, Luukkonen has been shaky in national team games so Lassi could push toward starter if he keeps playing well
Followed these summer showcase/lace placid tournaments since 2012 and this is easily the worst Finland squad

AlexanderTheGood

I was in Kamloops tonight and was planning on doing a 2019 draft blog this year. Thought this would make as decent first post. Find attached a game recap with scouting reports for all of the notable 2019 eligible prospects in the game tonight. Will add some more if there's any interest/demand.

The Long and Sport of It

Cole Coskey, a Toronto Maple Leafs tryout player and double overager, was a pleasant surprise (1 goal and 1 assist). Jack Hughes, meanwhile, exceeded expectations with his entertaining style of play even though he didn't have a ton of impact on the scoreboard.

Last edited:

AlexanderTheGood

Too late for me to write a long post as I'm knackered, but I was quite impressed with Grant Mismash amongst some good players on the US White Team. They were strong although to be fair to Finland they are a slightly younger group. Good day and it was great to have some live hockey to watch!

I also liked Mismash. I thought him, Quinn Hughes, Lodnia, and Anderson were all excellent tonight.

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
Yes, I will be there tonight. However, Finland is playing Sweden this afternoon I believe. Ill be attending Canada Red vs. USA White. Scouting report should be uploaded to the blog by around 10PM Pacific Time. Let me know if you have any requests!
Forgive me, but what blog? If you write one and you're writing scouting reports I'd love the link. Also, if you don't mind, if you could report on Aleksi Anttalainen that would be cool :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I will be at all the games today.
A synopsis on Dipietros play this tournament would be appreciated as it looks like he is the favoured guy to be between the pipes for Canada this WJC.

Always interested in hearing about our possible tenders play considering the issues we have had with goaltending the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad