GWT: World Cup - Group E (Spain and Japan Advance)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Germany

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 59 95.2%
  • Japan

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Man this is such a shock. Who could have ever foreseen Germany failing at a major tournament. It’s not like that’s happened before….

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What a trolling take to say that I haven't seen a team play yet whose defense won't struggle against a good team.

Give your head a shake
Indeed.
My point was very clear. And the events actually proved me right. That German D is very shaky and beatable.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Germany predictably is harmless up front with its meaningless possession and lack of finishing, and vulnerable as hell when opponents win the ball in any sort of transitional phase. This outcome would have been obvious to anyone who watched Germany over the last few years without blinkers on.

THANK YOU

FINALLY someone else who gets it and isn’t some homer German fan.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Indeed.
My point was very clear. And the events actually proved me right. That German D is very shaky and beatable.
Yes, Germany's D is very shaky and beatable. That's hardly notable in this World Cup.
Germany predictably is harmless up front with its meaningless possession and lack of finishing, and vulnerable as hell when opponents win the ball in any sort of transitional phase. This outcome would have been obvious to anyone who watched Germany over the last few years without blinkers on.
Germany has created a ton of chances and missed a second goal by a millimeter

Reactions: Oilhawks

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Takuma Asano's touch to control that ball was something else. Surreal. And what a magnificent finish to complete that move

Reactions: luiginb

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yes, Germany's D is very shaky and beatable. That's hardly notable in this World Cup.

lol stop making excuses. Germany look HORRENDOUS. This is an embarrassment.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Indeed.

Yup. The defense is bad, and they lack true goal scoring talent. They’re a very average team at this point in time.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

"Tons of chances". I missed the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, so it must have been a hell of lot of chances in that time frame. Because ever since then I saw a Gundogan shot from 20 yards that hit the outside of the post, and an incredibly poor shot from Hofmann and a low % header from Gnabry. And that's it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Germany has a top roster though.
Lots of talent up front including new Messi, midfield is amazing and that D is fabulous with world class Sule, world class Schlotterbeck, etc... And the best goalie duo.
They really should be competing for the WC and I expect them to.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Germany has a top roster though.
Lots of talent up front including new Messi, midfield is amazing and that D is fabulous with world class Sule, world class Schlotterbeck, etc... And the best goalie duo.
They really should be competing for the WC and I expect them to.
You know what the problem is with having the best goalie duo…. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad