GDT: WJC: Switzerland Vs USA | December 28th @ 2:30PM MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
Should the US forfeit the rest of its group stage games, wouldn't it be technically possible for them to end up in the relegation round? And of course, if they are still not out of quarantine at that point, I suppose they would have to once again forfeit their games and thus be relegated to Division 1A.
Nobody gets relegated this year exactly because the scenario you described is a possibilitu.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Should the US forfeit the rest of its group stage games, wouldn't it be technically possible for them to end up in the relegation round? And of course, if they are still not out of quarantine at that point, I suppose they would have to once again forfeit their games and thus be relegated to Division 1A.

No.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No relegation this year

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden

No team will be relegated this year due to covid.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Would love to know if the players are symptomatic or not. If not, this just seems asinine. The specificity of COVID tests isn't 100% anyways so you're bound to have false positives if you're literally testing every player multiple times a day.

Reactions: wacko2

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It is definitely financially possible. This tournament profit tens of millions of dollars in Canada. A hotel buyout wouldn't be that cost prohibitive.

Pretty much although being in Alberta which has had major problems with the pandemic in terms of how a large number of people think and act in the province didn't help but then again the bubble worked there for the NHL so who knows...

At this point the tournament is in jeopardy I think.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
There's people actually upset about a hockey tournament.
Ya for the ones who made arrangements to go, booked hotel rooms, bought the tickets and worked their entire Christmas holidays around it have a right to be upset. Thats not to say I don't agree with the decision, but one can still be upset and agree at the same time.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
LoL so go from a Gold Medal to relegation ? Pretty silly to even suggest that could possibly happen.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Look nobody knows who or why some usa got the covid and I doubt Canada sent in a spy to contaminate the USA. ShiiiiT happens and more teams will be hit before its over. You dont know how this will end, maybe the Canada team will get it and in a gold medel game USA-Canada, Canada has NO GOALIE at all and has to ice the zambone driver.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Look nobody knows who or why some usa got the covid and I doubt Canada sent in a spy to contaminate the USA. ShiiiiT happens and more teams will be hit before its over. You dont know how this will end, maybe the Canada team will get it and in a gold medel game USA-Canada, Canada has NO GOALIE at all and has to ice the zambone driver.

Leafs fans irate!!!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
i just dont get why its such a big problem for young healthy players getting covid/omikron? its like a normal cold for young healthy people. they can still play or rest 2-3 days. no need to give up a whole game

Reactions: ecemleafs

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
All team know the COVID rules, so I do not mind kids willing to make a bit of sacrifice off-ice catching a break, and element of (bad) luck is always there in sports anyways.

Ideally all the people who stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night would move the discussion on what the rules should have been into the COVID forum.

Reactions: Czechboy

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
10 pages of posts but does anyone know the actual implications beyond today's forfeit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad